Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

limited posted:

It probably won't be free on the EU store because the official release is tomorrow. :argh:

:smug: 'Free DLC? Why? You arseholes aren't even supposed to be playing this yet. And we fixed this bug already.'
It does not seem reasonable to me to expect free apology DLC for an issue that affected a different release of the game handled by another publisher.

BTW, I take it you've imported the NA disc version, in which case you can just make a NA PSN account and get the free DLC right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I assume I'm meant to try the game on normal first then hard.

Some missions seem ok on hard but others have been demolishing me, there's this mission I'm doing right now where I need t wait till some rocket launcher kills all the small ships, but before that happens EVERYTHING aggroes on me and I get destroyed.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If you want, you can kill the small ships yourself.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

It does not seem reasonable to me to expect free apology DLC for an issue that affected a different release of the game handled by another publisher.

BTW, I take it you've imported the NA disc version, in which case you can just make a NA PSN account and get the free DLC right now.

They should probably make it free to make up for the several months late release in EU though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If you want, you can kill the small ships yourself.

I do but there's like a billion of them and they destroy me.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Geokinesis posted:

They should probably make it free to make up for the several months late release in EU though.

xseed isn't publishing it in europe

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Alteisen posted:

I do but there's like a billion of them and they destroy me.

Sounds like mission 11. And yeah, do that one in normal, hoover up all the weapon/armour drops and move on to the other missions. After a handful more you can go back to it on Hard and you shouldn't be nearly as overwhelmed due to experience playing the game and having more HP and damage. It's the first "farming" mission of EDF 4.1, although the weapon levels available are on the low side; good to start Hard on the various classes but you'll want to hit up other missions for a better selection.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Hey Lin I have plenty of experience blasting bugs with many weapons. Look me up next time and if I'm not preoccupied I'll hop in to help. Can always use more armor drops.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
This mission pack 2 seems to have some wild poo poo but low drop levels.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Some things that happen in DLC 2:

Fighting kaiju with ground weapons you bring only, no robots. You can probably summon them as air raider though. This happens more than once, and yes, you can do it.
Giant underground holes that spawn varied enemies and / or queens and such
Lots of gold queens and silver kings
A beach mission with lots of Deroys in the water and the entire beach edge covered in Retiarius webs with holes under the webs
A mission where there are almost constantly air raids and spritefalls going off
Fighting like two of every boss unit at once
other crazy poo poo

Basically, it owns.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are there any weapons that won't drop on Mission 71: Crimson Mountain (Inferno) in Invaders from Planet Space?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Some things that happen in DLC 2:

Fighting kaiju with ground weapons you bring only, no robots. You can probably summon them as air raider though. This happens more than once, and yes, you can do it.

I've only bothered to beat erginus in the robot once, every other time I've done it it's been by hand

quote:

Basically, it owns.

E D F ! E D F !

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Is anyone else having connection issues? Me and my buddy can't stay connected online today at all.

edit: I'd assume it was a personal issue but I was playing online perfectly fine on Thursday.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 13, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Luminaflare posted:

Is anyone else having connection issues? Me and my buddy can't stay connected online today at all.

edit: I'd assume it was a personal issue but I was playing online perfectly fine on Thursday.

Sounds like a personal issue.

Kidding, but have you tried resetting your router? Could just be weekend congestion.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Has there been any word at all about EDF 4.1 coming to Steam? Last I heard was some supposed leak a few months back, but nothing concrete.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Crusher posted:

Has there been any word at all about EDF 4.1 coming to Steam? Last I heard was some supposed leak a few months back, but nothing concrete.

nothing yet. I've gotten to the point where I need a lot more armor. What's a good tactic for armor grinding with the air raider?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Sounds like a personal issue.

Kidding, but have you tried resetting your router? Could just be weekend congestion.

My buddy is having the same issue and he's in a different country. It's only the EDF servers we seem to be having issues with as well.

I'll try the reboot any ways.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The free mission pack is not screwing around. I have over 1500 health and some lvl 70+ weapons and I have to put some missions down to easy to beat them. drat. Incredibly fun though; my favorite so far is the "nothing but artillery and airstrikes forever" map.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Luminaflare posted:

My buddy is having the same issue and he's in a different country. It's only the EDF servers we seem to be having issues with as well.

I'll try the reboot any ways.

Still getting disconnects.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Cowman posted:

nothing yet. I've gotten to the point where I need a lot more armor. What's a good tactic for armor grinding with the air raider?

DLC1 level 21 (the underground one with silver spiders) is great for armor farming.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The free mission pack is not screwing around. I have over 1500 health and some lvl 70+ weapons and I have to put some missions down to easy to beat them. drat. Incredibly fun though; my favorite so far is the "nothing but artillery and airstrikes forever" map.

That and the erginus family level had some good old 2017-style slowdowns.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Yeah. I simply don't have the firepower to beat that one on any difficulty higher than normal. My Hercules sniper hits for 2.5k every second or so if I fire at max rate for a 12 shot clip and it takes several minutes of firing to down one of them.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

fritz posted:

DLC1 level 21 (the underground one with silver spiders) is great for armor farming.

DLC 21 is great for Inferno weapon farming; armour is better farmed offline in split-screen (for double the amount and 2 classes at once) on Easy in a level with UFOs or some other infinite enemy source.

EDIT: Though I suggest worrying about weapon farming first: you'll be forced to do it sooner or later, and while farming weapons you'll inevitably pick up some armour too. So yes, in that case DLC 21 is where you need to go.

Luminaflare posted:

Still getting disconnects.

It's not just you, it's been unplayable for me too.

Storm One fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 13, 2016

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Storm One posted:

DLC 21 is great for Inferno weapon farming; armour is better farmed offline in split-screen (for double the amount and 2 classes at once) on Easy in a level with UFOs or some other infinite enemy source.

I absolutely do not have the patience for that variety of farming.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Yeah. I simply don't have the firepower to beat that one on any difficulty higher than normal. My Hercules sniper hits for 2.5k every second or so if I fire at max rate for a 12 shot clip and it takes several minutes of firing to down one of them.

They go down pretty quick to a Hreidmurr :getin:

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

fritz posted:

I absolutely do not have the patience for that variety of farming.

Neither do I but for straight armour farming it's the most effective.

If you want to reach 5 digits I reckon it's pretty much mandatory, my highest armour count is still only 4000 for the AR, and that's after way too many hours of killing deroys and red ants for weapons.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's kinda ridiculous. My lvl 80 spritefall laser can kill one of them at a time on normal if I manage to hold nearly all 600 shots on target. I need to do some more weapon farming somehow.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Goddamn, the new lighting for the caves is loving fantastic, even if the levels themselves are still rear end. It drat near feels more like the shootout from the Aliens movie than any other game has managed. All you can see outside of your flashlight is beady spider eyes, ant chitin and buzzing wasp wings. Then you fire a explosive in a bigger cavern, it lights up briefly, and you get a brief glimpse of the entire cave covered in swarming bodies before it goes dark again. :gonk:

Best is how your flashlight drops when you reload, so you finish reloading and you've got a giant spider that jumped closer in the dark, so when you're done it's in your face. :stare:

Also the pricing for this on the EU store is ridiculous. £57.99 for a digital copy. Most I've seen the physical on sale for was £40+, and Amazon dropped it on release down to £30. :psyduck:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there a list anywhere of how many credits each enemy type is worth, for recharging the Air Raider's credit weapons like Air Strikes, Spritefall, and Tempest?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Really Pants posted:

Is there a list anywhere of how many credits each enemy type is worth, for recharging the Air Raider's credit weapons like Air Strikes, Spritefall, and Tempest?

http://www2.atwiki.jp/edf41/pages/34.html under "Achievement Point"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sorry, I meant in Invaders from Planet Space. Are the values the same for enemies that also show up in that game?

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

limited posted:

Also the pricing for this on the EU store is ridiculous. £57.99 for a digital copy. Most I've seen the physical on sale for was £40+, and Amazon dropped it on release down to £30. :psyduck:

It cost me AUS$97 for a digital copy from the AUS PSN :stare: We don't even get a physical copy here.

I paid it, like an idiot, but immediately had "Should have just imported the UK version" regrets. Especially once I saw the $15 mission pack DLC.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Does edf 4.1 work with shareplay?

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I'm so excited to play. I dumped some amazon credit into a ps4 and EDF 4.1. On the surface it looks like it combines the class system from the mediocre western game with the game we all know and love.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Got 4.1 and invaders from planet space, I am properly tooled out on the vita but can I hell get any new weapons to drop on 4.1 - 15 missions in on normal and you'd think I'd have found SOMETHING. Is the miserly drop rate the same all round or am I just unlucky?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That's Normal (and Easy!) for you. At most you will weapons of up to level 3 fifteen missions in. If you want stronger weapons you need to be playing in Hard; then you're up to level 26. And you should be able to swing back to previous missions with that amount of progress in Normal; especially once you've got a stronger weapon from dabbling in Hard.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

That's Normal (and Easy!) for you. At most you will weapons of up to level 3 fifteen missions in. If you want stronger weapons you need to be playing in Hard; then you're up to level 26. And you should be able to swing back to previous missions with that amount of progress in Normal; especially once you've got a stronger weapon from dabbling in Hard.

Ah I didn't realise the range was that narrow - might as well try the first mission on hard, I've gotten pretty close before but the last group absolutely murder me. Time to get good and stop "accidentally" killing all my squad/levelling the city so I can see where I'm going.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Pijeus posted:

Ah I didn't realise the range was that narrow - might as well try the first mission on hard, I've gotten pretty close before but the last group absolutely murder me. Time to get good and stop "accidentally" killing all my squad/levelling the city so I can see where I'm going.

I find l2 easier than l1 for high-difficulty weaponing, there's only 2 waves and they can't swarm you as easily.

I've been trying to grind for wing diver weapons and I simply cannot get a MONSTER-S sniper rifle to save my life.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fritz posted:

I find l2 easier than l1 for high-difficulty weaponing, there's only 2 waves and they can't swarm you as easily.

I've been trying to grind for wing diver weapons and I simply cannot get a MONSTER-S sniper rifle to save my life.

Well you weren't wrong, got a level 10 rocket launcher that fires 4 shots at once (cascade 1) and I think I'm in love.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Pijeus posted:

got a level 10 rocket launcher that fires 4 shots at once (cascade 1) and I think I'm in love.

EDF! EDF!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
So I'm on Mission 45, the first one with the Deroys, and I'm getting wrecked. Even on Normal. I'm playing Air Raider, and I can usually make it to the last wave before getting overwhelmed. Is there some strategy I'm loving up, or is this one of those "Suck it up and switch to a different class/farm more armor" situations?