Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's actually not all that good.

Well, there is not much you can do when your boss tells you he wants a John Williams Superman meets Star Wars extravaganza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

You know I usually think the "Chris does coke" jokes are a bit flogging a horse that was never particularly lively but his eyes look like he just took a hit on the world's biggest bong.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Its not me, im not the massive blackhead on his nose that needs to be removed.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Jonny Nox posted:

Copyright violation. They own everything on their forums. :gary: EEEEEEEEVERYTHIIING

Didn't they delete the stimpire posts recently? Can they still claim ownership in that case. Derek we need legal advice.....

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

MeLKoR posted:

You know I usually think the "Chris does coke" jokes are a bit flogging a horse that was never particularly lively but his eyes look like he just took a hit on the world's biggest bong.

Not only that but he must be high, talking about modding tools for users to create their own spaceships :lol:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
There is nothing about that man that does not disgust me. Sandi you really landed yourself a winner there, no wonder you show up for webcasts stoned as gently caress.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I very much enjoyed the exploits of SEA PATROL. One of the things that convinced me to sign up here.

MeLKoR posted:

1st why does he hate divers so much;
I don't think it ever became clear. He claimed that it was a Judge Dredd-esque satire intended as a warning, but no bought that. Dude was clearly getting his rocks off to murdering Scoobydoos.

quote:

2nd what's with the blowtorches, that seems a recurrent and bizarre thing to be connected with diving.
You need blowtorches to cut up all the seized diving equipment. Because obviously the best thing to do with pressurised air cylinders is cut them open with blowtorches. A plan with no flaws.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

peter gabriel posted:

Generic: The Opera

This stuff pisses me off a bit because for a computer game it's just such a loving waste of money.
There's ways to do this kind of stuff that is more than good enough for games with one dude and a keyboard, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi10ChKGMcA

One dude, one keyboard.
It also costs a tiny fraction of the full orchestra

My favorite example of a one dude one keyboard and amazing music is brad Fiedel's Terminator soundtrack.
One dude, one keyboard, and it ended up being so goddamn memorable.

On the other side of the spectrum, there was Basil Poledouris with the orchestral score for Robocop. ALSO immediately memorable.
That 20 second snippet is so goddamn generic it hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68I3j2luW64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v87jp9He9U

E: Also, one dude with MANY keyboards, but Vangelis made some amazing stuff (I did not really like his fully orchestral Mythodea that much)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwo7DPUFUM

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inen5EuxtHE

Lol when a cheap 90's N64 sci-fi game has way better and more creative music than a Triple AAA 100 million dollar dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG01A9_5j7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GLBzZd6RY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgNhPf2aEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Efvh8yVnJE

Ravane fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 13, 2016

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

I'd watch the poo poo out of a SEA PATROL movie with Sylvester Stallone in it. Sandi could play his dead eyed harridan love interest.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SEA PATROL is the Stimpire of the waves.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

SEA PATROL is the Stimpire of the waves.
The Stimpire triples every second fourth.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well now I have something to read on the drive home... I'm intrigued by this SEA PATROL

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KiddieGrinder posted:

Not only that but he must be high, talking about modding tools for users to create their own spaceships :lol:

So they'd basically have to build something like Kerbal Space Program into their game. Sounds reasonable.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Well now I have something to read on the drive home... I'm intrigued by this SEA PATROL

Reading while driving will probably lead to a horrific death. However having been exposed to SEA PATROL this will likely come as something of a relief.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3757384

Enjoy yourself!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Just saw this go down on NeoGAF

:eonwe::pgabz:Glad to see not everyone over there is part of the cult :pgabz::eonwe:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:chanpop:

This is incredible

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Everyone said I was daft to build the Stimpire on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second Stimpire. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third Stimpire. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth Stimpire stayed up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Overall design of manned turrets appears severely flawed

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone who enjoys stimpire will like SEA PATROL. It doesn't go as far into hosed up fetish poo poo but it's still a similar kind of weird fanfic thing that is born of the same sort of diseased mind.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
So I decided to try Line of Defense.

I think the star citizen PU might be a better game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DigitalMocking posted:

You mean a Derek Smart game sucks and/or is bad? This is news is as shocking as it is sickening and heartbreaking.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

He should have made this the final post in the locked and sunk Cutlass thread.

:fuzzknot: asked me about my turning point for getting the gently caress out of star citizen. I forgot to add to my explanation that it was also down to you Dusty, when I noticed while lurking here that you were a goon, Around that point your posts in the Cutlass thread became increasingly sarcastic/despairing and you were about the sanest person in that thread so you were, for me, an escape trigger too. Thanks man. :angel:

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Someday i'll do something worthwhile with my life, until then......you'll get this poo poo.

Booblord Zagats posted:

He looks like Mr. Dink from Doug
Yeah I could see that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

So do you think this guy is with TEST or LAMP?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
still occasionally lmao at the thought of an internationally acclaimed, award winning composer having chris roberts tell him his music is not good enough 29 times.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beet Wagon posted:

You mean a Derek Smart game sucks and/or is bad? This is news is as shocking as it is sickening and heartbreaking.
It's like the reverse of asking what a sausage is made out of. Derek's ramblings on engines and code can be an entertaining read, but you should never, ever, taste the sausage.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

It's like the reverse of asking what a sausage is made out of. Derek's ramblings on engines and code can be an entertaining read, but you should never, ever, taste the sausage.

That's really confusing. I mean, there are all those reddit threads suggesting that we absolutely love to taste his sausage around here. Are you saying reddit is… wrong?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

Is it... stimperial sausage?

:ohdear:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

:chanpop:

This is incredible

Surely you mean :captainpop:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

DigitalMocking posted:

Wait, Derek Smart makes games?! I thought his primary output was blog posts and quotes from 10-15 pages back.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis posted:

That's really confusing. I mean, there are all those reddit threads suggesting that we absolutely love to taste his sausage around here. Are you saying reddit is… wrong?

At this point, I've probably read more of Captain B'tak's words than Derek Smart's and played an equal number of their games.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-to-be-expected

Can someone PM this guy and tell him to get a refund now, while he can?

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Sunswipe posted:

Ok, I get that Wing Commander is higher than all Admirals because of Croberts' ego, but why the blue blazes is Lt. Commander higher than Admiral?

It sounds cool!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Look upon ye works and despair!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

They follow this thread so they know his games rarely if ever get mentioned and when they do it's often not exactly in positive tones, they just say that as a deliberate tactic to poison the well, ie shitizens lie news at 11.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Surely you mean :captainpop:

Yeah that one's way better. I'm on mobile and chanpop was the only pop I could remember haha

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Chris Roberts and the Terrible Turret Plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Star Citizen isn't even that good looking of a game honestly, it's incredibly plain. Battlefront is miles ahead in the ~fidelity~ department.

• Locked thread