Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think these are the underlying code we have either discovered or were put into the door when it was made.

I wonder if we went back and looked if we could find the moment when the door was created. Snarls claims he was there, but some of these seem to me like they might be prior to that time.

Stop hiding - להפסיק להסתתר
Assumes a base state of hiding our true nature. Built into the door. Possibly related to laurels.

Grow wheat - לגדל חיטה
Kavodel all the time.

Flee quickly -לברוח מהר
Dunno. Might be new. Maybe opened when running from Eyescream or something. Might be related to teleport or even wings.

Absorb disciples - ספוג תלמידיו
Hmmm. Possibly a set of these are from Amok's "Blood in yer eye!" Might also be Ball Trance related. Could also be when we borrow the senses or dream vision of others.

Attack them - לתקוף אותם
Also maybe Ball Trance.

Create fish - ליצור דגים
If we live we should really check the rivers around Kavodel for evidence of an unusual amount of fish.

Let there be rain - יהי גשם
Possibly also related to the unusual abundance in Kavodel.

Speak to your father - לדבר עם אבא שלך
Might imply that this has been going on and we don't recognize it as such when it is happening.

Hide your wings - להסתיר את הכנפיים
Blood in your eye from Amok?

Seize power - לתפוס את השלטון
Amok? Delayed programming to serve something else's agenda al la Manchurian Candidate. Possibly related to things like when we got powered up prior to Tanaach. A necessary alteration to the structure to allow that to happen or something.

End effects - השפעות קצה
The option that comes up to stop using [???]

Continue hiding - להמשיך ולהסתיר
Switched on to hide our true form, but also might be what was used on Paebel in the giant ambush? Laurel unlock? Possibly an example of something bolt in before the door as far back as Athar, where we were hidden.

Intensify effects - להגביר את המאמצים
[???] Drain from Balls like Uriah. Arrow time? Might be how the Bnaimokt were defeated when we were in Tanaach.

Kill disciples - הרוג תלמידיו
What we are constantly trying to do despite our best efforts.

Turn around - לְהִסְתוֹבֵב
What? A dance move? Might be physical. Might be energetic or something.

Enter stasis - לישון לנצח
Clear, but whether built in, gained or Amok is less clear.

(Yellow text)Help your priest(?)- לעזור כהן שלך
Clearish.

Let there be light - ויהי אור
Clear and known.

(Blue text)Construction of the barrier and restore the senses - בניית המכשול ולשחזר את החושים
Also clear and might imply use after several times we have been insensate.

Let there be darkness - יהי חושך
We saw this in dreams during Danal's manhood trial.

Save power - לחסוך כוח
Manage [???] drain. From Ish practice and such.

Let there be death - למוות
Think we have seen mighty men use this.

Become blue - להיות כחול
Erm... Maybe soul stuff. Maybe we are naturally blue.

Maintain your size - לשמור על הגודל שלך
Passive governor.

What's missing?
I don't see anything that might be our TK power. Turn around? Turn what around? Us? Some object?
Arrow time is not entirely clear.
The several radical moments of regeneration and self healing aren't clear.

It could be that there are a bunch of things on this side of the door that don't require a command in order to channel energy/reality. It could also be that there are other commands/capacities in the text and we just haven't found them.

I wonder if any of these are created by objects, such as the Sandals.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Sogol posted:

Kill disciples - הרוג תלמידיו
What we are constantly trying to do despite our best efforts.

:golfclap:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I guess those are some of the multiple effects we were maintaining.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Seems like the door was probably more of a filter/server. Requests get sent in, say, for good harvests, and the processes behind the door say "Ok, here's a bumper crop, without overdoing it and flooding the entire world with grain."

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
End effects and Intensify effects both most likely refer to that "You are maintaining several effects" message we became aware of recently.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Help your priest!

That's what we came here to do, damnit. THEN fer gently caress's sake fix the barrier.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Let's talk to Dad.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have been gone a few days and a, kind of confused. It seems like the fail state may have been reached but there was a clue in the text that gave us some options?
Kind of like how we knew how to make the demon bodies into not-soul vessels, just harder?

Are our options limited to making the barrier and snapping out of it or helping Paebro?
Is create fish a literal answer?

I love that Diog is staying out of this and letting us figure it out but we need to be organized and come to CONNNZZZZZZZEENNNNNZZZZZZUUUUSSSSSS if we want to move forward. The hive was a good hint about how we need to run Enkidel.
I wish I was that clever, alas, its probably a coincidence.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I vote for these things, in as quick a sequence as we can manage:

Help your priest

then

become blue

then

create fish

then

construct the barrier and restore your sense

And finally

turn around.

(honestly not certain on the order of those last two.)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ultimate Mango posted:

... we need to be organized and come to CONNNZZZZZZZEENNNNNZZZZZZUUUUSSSSSS if we want to move forward. The hive was a good hint about how we need to run Enkidel.

Diogines posted:

I wish I was that clever, alas, its probably a coincidence.

Praise Diogines, The Capybara King. We must dance the Dance of Supplication!

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
(Blue text)Construction of the barrier and restore the senses - בניית המכשול ולשחזר את החושים

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hold the gate?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Volmarias posted:

Hold the gate? fish?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Interesting you guys are not writing in as much. Or picking more options at once.

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

help your priest

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Something is going to be posted in about 25 minutes an hour and a half.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 14, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
:f5:

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

:f5:

So much for my paper!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Diogines posted:

Snarls was the one trying to hold it...

he wasn't alone :(

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
At the very end we even betrayed our dog. Truly we are irredeemable.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

dyzzy posted:

No we didn't. Ishamal manipulated our dog against us. If we reconstruct the barrier then the limits imposed on us will be by ourselves and we will have the power to answer many of the questions that Ish didn't want to answer.

The reason he gets so much hate is because he could have told us shitloads of stuff about ourselves that would have pretty much only made us more understanding of his disposition. Withholding information can, and has in the past, cause bad stuff.

If he would have told us about this door and what was behind it would we really have opened it?
"A barrier has been placed etc etc. If you open it before you are ready you will go insane. It will be too much to handle. You will know when you are ready to open it."

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Diogines posted:

Snarls was the one trying to hold it...

Closed. Gates of Divinity are supposed to be held open.

dyzzy posted:

No. Snarls was made a tool—that is indeed betrayal, but not by us.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Basscop posted:

No we didn't. Ishamal manipulated our dog against us. If we reconstruct the barrier then the limits imposed on us will be by ourselves and we will have the power to answer many of the questions that Ish didn't want to answer.

The reason he gets so much hate is because he could have told us shitloads of stuff about ourselves that would have pretty much only made us more understanding of his disposition. Withholding information can, and has in the past, cause bad stuff.

If he would have told us about this door and what was behind it would we really have opened it?
"A barrier has been placed etc etc. If you open it before you are ready you will go insane. It will be too much to handle. You will know when you are ready to open it."

We would have happily opened it because "What does ish know!". It doesn't matter how much ish tells us, it'll never be enough for us.

We've shown over and over we can't follow simple instructions.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Vavrek posted:

Closed. Gates of Divinity are supposed to be held open.

No. Snarls was made a tool—that is indeed betrayal, but not by us.

Poor Snarls. None of this is his fault but he surely feels like he failed us.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

TheCog posted:

We would have happily opened it because "What does ish know!". It doesn't matter how much ish tells us, it'll never be enough for us.

We've shown over and over we can't follow simple instructions.

Of course we would say that because he never gives us half a leg to stand on when faced with a dilemma.

We just can't do this and that and the other because *reasons* and then when we are in a situation like the one we are in now the option to do one of the things he told us not to becomes painfully easy to choose.

Because it is a good option that almost always delivers a result of some kind. For instance: Ball-trance.

Now if we do decide to follow Ishamals instruction in face of death then what happens?

Have we ever done this without someone being loving dead?

Everyone here is going to die if we don't do something. Experimenting was a clear option to do something with some result. Now i just want to clarify. I didn't even vote to experiment. But i can see the appeal. We go with the supernatural because we probably need something like that to save as many as possible.

Ishamal just tells us to go fencing blindfolded with our left hand because *reasons* and never says that if we go fencing without that certain handicap we are going to explode our opponent, decapitate the referee and go to prison.

This has been stated before, this has been lots of people's reasoning for disliking Ishamal. Some agree, others disagree. But what i find most annoying about this debate is that we still keep thinking that "Enkidel is an Idiot" despite having done some amazing and impressive things.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Vavrek posted:

Gates of Divinity are supposed to be held open.

Why? Enkidel is probably the last person I'd trust with godhood.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Basscop posted:

Of course we would say that because he never gives us half a leg to stand on when faced with a dilemma.

We just can't do this and that and the other because *reasons* and then when we are in a situation like the one we are in now the option to do one of the things he told us not to becomes painfully easy to choose.

Because it is a good option that almost always delivers a result of some kind. For instance: Ball-trance.

Now if we do decide to follow Ishamals instruction in face of death then what happens?

Have we ever done this without someone being loving dead?

Everyone here is going to die if we don't do something. Experimenting was a clear option to do something with some result. Now i just want to clarify. I didn't even vote to experiment. But i can see the appeal. We go with the supernatural because we probably need something like that to save as many as possible.

Ishamal just tells us to go fencing blindfolded with our left hand because *reasons* and never says that if we go fencing without that certain handicap we are going to explode our opponent, decapitate the referee and go to prison.

This has been stated before, this has been lots of people's reasoning for disliking Ishamal. Some agree, others disagree. But what i find most annoying about this debate is that we still keep thinking that "Enkidel is an Idiot" despite having done some amazing and impressive things.

Maybe that's the point, human life is fleeting, we're an immortal god child. Yes, people will die, under our watch. Do we have enough self control to not use our godlike powers to save them?

Ish has godlike powers, or at least super mighty man powers, why doesn't he go and save everyone every battle? The trio are literal gods, they can probably do a lot more to save lives, but they don't, because of free will.

Yes, we need to prove that we're willing to die, and let people die, before we can be trusted with powers that we can't use to bail everyone out every time. There are things that matter more than individual lives, like not becoming a huge hunger monster, like not setting off the natural order. That's the burden of having godlike power, but with limit, you *can* save some people, but not everyone, and trying to save everyone will just create disaster. The melachim walked the earth once, so did Amok, and even with all their power, they couldn't make everyone happy and save everyone, NOR CAN WE. And until we accept that, Ish is totally right in not trusting us.

We know the consequences of using our powers include becoming an unstoppable monster that will destroy everything, and that can't be stopped with violence, but saving the life of our friends seems more important to us, we're *exactly* the type of misguided fool that would become a hunger demon because we wouldn't let Tannach burn, or because we tried to resurrect naomi.

Enkindel is not an idiot, he's just totally incapable of sacrificing people. Which is fair, but the reason we can't be trusted with these powers.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 14, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I think Enkidel has a problem with not sacrificing people, caring too much, or not seeing the big picture because of the lack of information about himself. I feel that if he'd known he was part Melachim, a whole ton of decisions would have gone differently, especially in terms of experimenting.

I think the Melachim are so obsessed with free will that they are actively affecting our own.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Decisions made in ignorance are the opposite of an exercise in free will.

Here are several doors, you can go through any one that you want, and here is a clue for each door. "Red, beef, clouds, potato". You're free to open any door or just sit here and do nothing for eternity.

But what's behind the doors? Those clues don't make any sense? WTF?

I'm not telling you, because I want you to choose out of your own free will.

Wut?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Outrail posted:

Here are several doors, you can go through any one that you want, and here is a clue for each door. "Red, beef, clouds, potato". You're free to open any door or just sit here and do nothing for eternity.

Wut?
Except the choice was " don't use your powers because you'll become a hunger demon". Where's the mystery? Are there any choices we've made other than disobaying ish, where if we knew more we would have made better choices? Which?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Outrail posted:

Wut?

What part of "doing certain things will result in catastrophic consequences, some of which you've seen firsthand" came to sound like "potato" to you?

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

TheCog posted:

We know the consequences of using our powers include becoming an unstoppable monster that will destroy everything, and that can't be stopped with violence, but saving the life of our friends seems more important to us, we're *exactly* the type of misguided fool that would become a hunger demon because we wouldn't let Tannach burn, or because we tried to resurrect naomi.

Enkindel is not an idiot, he's just totally incapable of sacrificing people. Which is fair, but the reason we can't be trusted with these powers.

Pretty much. How many times have we been told, by the Watchers, that it is important for men to make their own foolish decisions, because to do otherwise would partially invalidate their lives?

"Hey, I might deserve this, but my men don't, save hem!"

"No, they do not
Yet, they willingly went into danger
We will not diminish their choices."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Disargeria posted:

What part of "doing certain things will result in catastrophic consequences, some of which you've seen firsthand" came to sound like "potato" to you?

I was speaking in generalities, not just this instance. After a while we just got sick of the non answers and in a moment of duress decided to do something stupid just to get some answers. It's a pretty logical chain of events that someone like Ish should have seen coming.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Outrail posted:

I was speaking in generalities, not just this instance. After a while we just got sick of the non answers and in a moment of duress decided to do something stupid just to get some answers. It's a pretty logical chain of events that someone like Ish should have seen coming.
OK, point out specifics, what did ish not answer, that had we followed his instructions, would have stopped us from having the life of any normal mighty man? It's only logical if you're not willing to play ball by ish's rules/not be a man, which we overwhelmingly agreed to do

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

We have been getting answers for a long, long time. It's just that players never got over that initial grudge and continue to project it to the present.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

TheCog posted:

OK, point out specifics, what did ish not answer, that had we followed his instructions, would have stopped us from having the life of any normal mighty man? It's only logical if you're not willing to play ball by ish's rules/not be a man, which we overwhelmingly agreed to do

This keeps being brought up, but that "agreement" was supremely manipulative on Ishamal's part. What was the choice again? Live as a man, with all the people you know and grew up with, or leave Ur entirely? He made this ultimatum to someone barely out of childhood, someone who had no inkling of what he could actually become or his real nature. We made that choice because Ishamal made it the only real choice we had. We have other options now.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

This keeps being brought up, but that "agreement" was supremely manipulative on Ishamal's part. What was the choice again? Live as a man, with all the people you know and grew up with, or leave Ur entirely? He made this ultimatum to someone barely out of childhood, someone who had no inkling of what he could actually become or his real nature. We made that choice because Ishamal made it the only real choice we had. We have other options now.

It was the real situation. We had a raw deal being born half melachim. We could have discussed options, or left. Both were available.

EDIT: That night at the grove, we were explicitly told, that we would not be stopped or prevented from leaving if we so chose.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 14, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

TheCog posted:

It was the real situation. We had a raw deal being born half melachim. We could have discussed options, or left. Both were available.

Yeah, we could have left. But, really, there's no way it ever would have happened. That situation was framed to make us do what he wanted, to become who he wanted us to be. 'Do what I want, knowing only what I want you to know, or be exiled forever' isn't a choice made with free will.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yeah, we could have left. But, really, there's no way it ever would have happened. That situation was framed to make us do what he wanted, to become who he wanted us to be. 'Do what I want, knowing only what I want you to know, or be exiled forever' isn't a choice made with free will.

How was it not a real choice? (Not from the point of view of the thread, but from Ish's point of view, who doesn't know we're a bunch of goons piloting Enki)

No seriously, what alternative did the melachim have? Let us become a hunger demon doing something like arm-wrestling Tudya?

What choices do we have now that we didn't before? Oh other than not being allowed to see the people and friends we love because we're incapable of following one simple instruction and too hardheaded to accept defeat.

EDIT: I know I come off as angry and combative, and I apologize for that, I'm legitimately trying to see where people are coming from. The thread suffers from having this weird disconnect where we all see things so differently, but all so clearly, and I'd like to be able to understand *why*. I'm really not trying to be a dick.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
n/m