Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEfZ1iqTzM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

qhat posted:

For some reason silvers and novas seem to buy awps all the time because they think that that gun has the best chance of carrying them up the ranks, and that is simply not true. You need more than just AWP skills to move up.

That's why they also buy P90s :v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

e: oops fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You can play this game forever and still be garbage with grenades, like me. It's ok to be a fail nader.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Jeza posted:

You can play this game forever and still be garbage with grenades, like me. It's ok to be a fail nader.

I prefer to be garbage in all aspects of my game so i eternally have tons of potential

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Thank you to grips and xc for this excellent game. Finally got an ace game in without (with?) trying.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xp67/screenshot/318997198288926641

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

I actually can't count the times that a fail nade has saved the round.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
All I ask is for people to not die with $1k in utility on them tia

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

I uploaded some clips from our matchmaking game against HeatoN, Get_right, Potti and their friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33hcwl8-cqs

also the demo, if anyone wants to review get_rights mm skills
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-sKW5i-WnPm6-usEvW-B3Cxh-kOijD

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

McSkillet made a video showcasing the likely maps for the next operation. It's based off the fact that several map creators were contacted by Valve and told to patch certain maps by the 9th. Those maps are:

Cruise
Santorini (Big surprise)
Empire
Coast
Tulip
Royal

Someone put them all in a collection if you want to check them out for yourself.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

symbolic posted:

McSkillet made a video showcasing the likely maps for the next operation. It's based off the fact that several map creators were contacted by Valve and told to patch certain maps by the 9th. Those maps are:

Cruise
Santorini (Big surprise)
Empire
Coast
Tulip
Royal

Someone put them all in a collection if you want to check them out for yourself.

So CSGO's going on vacation it seems.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The chickens gets Hawaiian shirts and all the cheaters get banned

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

So CSGO's going on vacation it seems.
...Oh my God.

Operation VACation

Please Valve.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Operation for my bday that'd be cool

Especially since it falls on a tuesday, which is a hotspot maintenance + patch day.

NICE DUDE NICE

Those maps look neat.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Cruise looks dope as gently caress. It might be the new Agency. Empire reminds me of de_facade, which I liked a lot, although maybe not as close quarters. Tulip looks like a COD map, but I could see it being fun. Coast... eh, I'm not so sure about this one, but we'll see. Royal looks like you could stick it in DoD and it wouldn't look out of place, which could be a good thing.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Cruise looks dope as gently caress. It might be the new Agency. Empire reminds me of de_facade, which I liked a lot, although maybe not as close quarters. Tulip looks like a COD map, but I could see it being fun. Coast... eh, I'm not so sure about this one, but we'll see. Royal looks like you could stick it in DoD and it wouldn't look out of place, which could be a good thing.

I don't like cruise so much after running around in it. A lot of the big open areas are closed off by invisible walls and fences, so you can only run down a ~15 foot path down the middle.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
These look like some good UMP maps

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

...Oh my God.

Operation VACation

Please Valve.

This would be amazing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

And Santorini, Turk? :smuggo:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

xsf421 posted:

I don't like cruise so much after running around in it. A lot of the big open areas are closed off by invisible walls and fences, so you can only run down a ~15 foot path down the middle.

I haven't ran around them; only looked at screenshots. But that is really disappointing to hear. That map would really benefit from being as open as the screenshots imply.

symbolic posted:

And Santorini, Turk? :smuggo:

It's trash like it always has been. No big surprise there.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Bohemian Nights posted:

I uploaded some clips from our matchmaking game against HeatoN, Get_right, Potti and their friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33hcwl8-cqs

also the demo, if anyone wants to review get_rights mm skills
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-sKW5i-WnPm6-usEvW-B3Cxh-kOijD

Can you please use a 'your just bad' bind when owning pro cs players in future TIA.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

These look like some good UMP maps

Anytime I'm playing unfamiliar maps I always go with an SMG. Until I learn a single sightline then I rush it with flashes and a Mag7 every time :v:

\/ I still prefer the pre-patch CZ to any other gun currently in CS.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 13, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Im getting to the point where my favorite weapons are the cz, mag7, and ump. I wish there was a red rarity ump/mag7 skin

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Every update seems to break my config file for messing around on a single player server.

What is the best config to use for practicing on various maps alone?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Could someone do me a favour and look at my autoexec and tell me what I'm missing? I vaguely remember some FOV settings etc that someone mentioned.

code:
// Rates settings
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter 0
ds_get_newest_subscribed_files

// MOTD settings
cl_disablehtmlmotd 1

// Crosshair settings
cl_crosshaircolor 1
cl_crosshairstyle 2
cl_crosshairgap -2
cl_crosshairsize 2.2
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0
cl_crosshairthickness 0.65
cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio 0
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod 1
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod 0.3
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist 5

// Voice chat mute binds
bind "KP_HOME" "toggle voice_scale 0 1"

// Jump binds
bind "mwheeldown" "+jump"
bind "mwheelup" "+jump"

echo "Autoexec Config loaded" // make sure this autoexec does its fine
host_writeconfig
also are there any must have config.cfg settings?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
code:
//Ninja Bind
bind "h" "findthebomb"

alias findthebomb "findthebomb_on"
alias "findthebomb_on" "gameinstructor_enable 1; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_off""
alias "findthebomb_off" "gameinstructor_enable 0; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_on""
Activates the gamehelper to point out where the bomb is if it's smoked

code:
//Damage Text/Mapname Scripts
developer "1"
con_enable "1"
con_filter_enable "2"
con_filter_text "Damage"
con_filter_text_out Player:
con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"
con_filter_text "game:map"

bind "l" "displaydamage"

alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on"
alias displaydamage_on "con_filter_text "Damage Given"; echo "Damage Given Script Activated"; con_filter_text_out Player:; con_filter_enable 2; developer 1; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_off""
alias displaydamage_off "echo "Damage Given Script Deactivated/MapName Activated"; con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"; con_filter_text "game:map"; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on""
Having a bit of trouble with this one
It starts by enabling some extra console output with developer 1, plus allows to filter console stuff into the main game screen. With a bind, it allows me to switch between two filters: One is for "game:map" which, if you're a lobby leader, allows you to know what map you're going to play when the ACCEPT button appears. Not super important but kind of a cool parlor trick. The other is much more useful, as it prints out all the Damage Given to: <player> lines from the console into the main screen, so you don't have to open the console after every death. For some reason, after hitting the bind to switch back to the mapname script, the game filters "game : map" instead of "game:map", making the mapname part completely useless. No idea why it does this.

code:
//Duckjump Script
alias +dj "+duck;+jump"
alias -dj "-duck;-jump"
bind space +dj
Self explanatory, makes a perfect DuckJump on every spacebar. Has some marginal usefulness in comp, but it's perfect for kz.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
btw if you dont want any complicated bullshit and just wanna see enemy damage

developer "1"
con_enable "1"
con_filter_enable "2"
con_filter_text "Damage"

Carrier
May 12, 2009

ArfJason posted:

code:
//Duckjump Script
alias +dj "+duck;+jump"
alias -dj "-duck;-jump"
bind space +dj
Self explanatory, makes a perfect DuckJump on every spacebar. Has some marginal usefulness in comp, but it's perfect for kz.

If you want to use this for longjumping, add a -forward to get that perfect w release every time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hey thats a cool idea

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

Could someone do me a favour and look at my autoexec and tell me what I'm missing?

I had this that I miss typed once as FOV stuff. But it moves the model. It was stollen from Bohemian Nights.

viewmodel_presetpos "0"
viewmodel_offset_x "0"
viewmodel_offset_y "0"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

ArfJason posted:

code:
//Ninja Bind
bind "h" "findthebomb"

alias "findthebomb_on" "gameinstructor_enable 1; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_off""
alias "findthebomb_off" "gameinstructor_enable 0; alias findthebomb "findthebomb_on""

Nice trick! I think you can just do

bind h "toggle gameinstructor_enable"

to simplify things.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

code:
//Ninja Bind
bind "h" "findthebomb"

code:
//Damage Text/Mapname Scripts
developer "1"
con_enable "1"
con_filter_enable "2"
con_filter_text "Damage"
con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"
con_filter_text "game:map"

bind "l" "displaydamage"

alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on"
alias displaydamage_on "con_filter_text "Damage Given"; echo "Damage Given Script Activated"; con_filter_text_out Player:; con_filter_enable 2; developer 1; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_off""
alias displaydamage_off "echo "Damage Given Script Deactivated/MapName Activated"; con_filter_text_out "game:mapgroupname"; con_filter_text "game:map"; alias displaydamage "displaydamage_on""

Having a bit of trouble with this one
It starts by enabling some extra console output with developer 1, plus allows to filter console stuff into the main game screen. With a bind, it allows me to switch between two filters: One is for "game:map" which, if you're a lobby leader, allows you to know what map you're going to play when the ACCEPT button appears. Not super important but kind of a cool parlor trick. The other is much more useful, as it prints out all the Damage Given to: <player> lines from the console into the main screen, so you don't have to open the console after every death. For some reason, after hitting the bind to switch back to the mapname script, the game filters "game : map" instead of "game:map", making the mapname part completely useless. No idea why it does this.

code:

//Duckjump Script
alias +dj "+duck;+jump"
alias -dj "-duck;-jump"
bind space +dj

Those are very cool. Didn't know the first two were possible. Does the map thing only work as lobby leader?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh yeah forgot to clarify. Map thing only works as lobby leader.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Can I put -w on my normal jump bind for kz stuff?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

henne posted:

Can I put -w on my normal jump bind for kz stuff?

I think yes, but be wary about using it with mousewheel, I know the full duckbind doesn't work with mousewheel.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Bring back de_zoo, TIA

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Suran37 posted:

Bring back de_zoo, TIA
An operation that brings back de_seaside, cs_agency, de_chinatown, de_blackgold, cs_workout, and de_zoo as the maps.

That would actually kick so much rear end. Please do that after Operation VACation, Valve.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i would accept blackgold if they fixed all the grates and railings being bulletproof

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Hiko is such a god drat beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

WHO????