Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Possibly Chicken posted:

The fix is in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Or Hendrick cars still have the monstrous restrictor plate engines. Editing 1995 500 qualifying video and funny enough when Chase was qualifying Gordon was just finishing qualifying. Fun fact today is going 1 second faster than 1995.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

BMB5150 posted:

Fun fact today is going 1 second faster than 1995.

You can't really compare though because the track wasn't a Stadium back then

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

You can't really compare though because the track wasn't a Stadium back then

True forgot to take that into account.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

BMB5150 posted:

Or Hendrick cars still have the monstrous restrictor plate engines. Editing 1995 500 qualifying video and funny enough when Chase was qualifying Gordon was just finishing qualifying. Fun fact today is going 1 second faster than 1995.

I'm just half joking sorta

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Possibly Chicken posted:

The fix is in!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Yeeeeeeeep

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
One two Chase and Junyer.

Edit- nope

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

I'm just half joking sorta

You sure about that? Also hey upgrading to Windows 10 fixed encoding within Premiere Pro and Audition from some of the bugs I had.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The last 4 Daytona 500 poles-

Rookie Sensation Danica Patrick

The Return of the 3

The End of One Era

The Start of Another

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I give literally no shits about this kid

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CactusWeasle posted:

um he's the son of a legend driving the car of another legend. better check you'reself, pal

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Return of the 3

The End of One Era

The Start of Another

SHR
Childress
Hendrick
Hendrick

yeah, the fix is in these teams suck rear end at plate racing, and there's no way a rookie can master "hold it wide open, stupid"

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Return of the 3

The End of One Era

The Start of Another

When's the last time someone won from the pole in the 500 though? You can fix the start but you can't fix the end.

Edit: of course you can

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

um he's the son of a legend driving the car of another legend. better check you'reself, pal
Funny, he doesn't look like Tony.

Whatever his lineage, he's doing Cecil Gordon proud.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

I'm still pulling for the 24 team but, yeah, I'm more excited about Blaney and would've rather seen Larson in the 24.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Larson belongs in the 14 in all honesty

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
But who gets it next year? We must preserve this guess for 365 more days. I say it's Tony Stewart, because he's retired from full-season racing but obviously driving at Daytona to get that elusive 500 win. It might be his last appearance, and it's the perfect headline story, especially after missing the 2016 Great American Race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Larson belongs in the 14 in all honesty

I would be happy as poo poo for either ride for him.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

L_Harrison posted:

But who gets it next year? We must preserve this guess for 365 more days. I say it's Tony Stewart, because he's retired from full-season racing but obviously driving at Daytona to get that elusive 500 win. It might be his last appearance, and it's the perfect headline story, especially after missing the 2016 Great American Race.

Clint Bowyer is signed for the 14 next year.

This certainly isn't the last 500 for Smoke, the only thing he said he's retiring from is Cup point racing. He's going to probably race more than ever, if his back heals ok.

e- also you're fooling yourself if you think his recent weight loss is anything other than prep for the Indy 500 next year, watch

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

VikingSkull posted:

e- also you're fooling yourself if you think his recent weight loss is anything other than prep for the Indy 500 next year, watch

Exactly what I was thinking.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

VikingSkull posted:

Clint Bowyer is signed for the 14 next year.

This certainly isn't the last 500 for Smoke, the only thing he said he's retiring from is Cup point racing. He's going to probably race more than ever, if his back heals ok.

Oh yeah I can totally see him going Ken Schrader style. "Retiring" by going around the country racing 7 days a week on dirt tracks.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

bigbillystyle posted:

Oh yeah I can totally see him going Ken Schrader style. "Retiring" by going around the country racing 7 days a week on dirt tracks.

Thats a pretty sweet retirement though :)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah I didn't say he'd be in the 14. I fully expect him to show up though, in one of his own cars with a different number.

Edit: Then that'd be a 5 car team. Eh, who the hell knows.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

Yeah I didn't say he'd be in the 14. I fully expect him to show up though, in one of his own cars with a different number.

Edit: Then that'd be a 5 car team. Eh, who the hell knows.

What's not to say they make and prep a car for Smoke and just slap a 15 and HScott Motorsports sticker on it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

What's not to say they make and prep a car for Smoke and just slap a 15 and HScott Motorsports sticker on it.

This was my thought. Annett stays in the 46, Allgaier back to the 51, Smoke buys a race in the 15 and he brings a sponsor with him to SHR dba HScott.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

NO! NO! ANYTHING BUT...

ROLLING START 2016 Episode 1 "Brian France Love Triangle"!!

Where CBJSprague24, Kid Coelacanth, Peanut President, and Ayn Rand Hand Job talk about Indycar, Donald Trump's Yooooge penis, Indycar, and Tom Brady!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

We managed to get upwards of one funny part out of this one!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That poor host could hardly get a word in edge-wise.

e- Jesus Christ, that's my brother in an argument in the background. In case anybody wanted insight into my personal life. :negative:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 14, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I knew vodka shots for every car whacked during the Unlimited was a bad idea.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

4 and 14 failed inspection

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

78 as well.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

BMB5150 posted:

The wording of the four-car team rule prevents this. If a driver races for one team and has an ownership stake in another, both teams count towards the limit.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

mearn posted:

The wording of the four-car team rule prevents this. If a driver races for one team and has an ownership stake in another, both teams count towards the limit.

Sell his stake for a day then, easy.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJ, I've updated my driver list on the OP Google Docs page. Sorry for taking so long, been feeling like hell all week.

anotherblownsave posted:

When's the last time someone won from the pole in the 500 though? You can fix the start but you can't fix the end.

Edit: of course you can

The last 500 pole and race winner was Dale Jarrett during the snoozefest in 2000. Generally, the last few polesitters did a decent job despite the hype.

Danica 2013: Finished 8th
Austin 2014: Finished 9th
Gordon 2015: Finished 33rd (Led the most laps, crashed out of lead pack on final lap)
Chase 2016: Finished ?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Thanks LASTCAR, that 500 is always the one I forget about. Probably with good reason.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Seems like even years has the most bizarre poo poo to happen during speedweeks.
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar/news/todd-gilliland-wins-k-n-season-opener-in-bizarre-finish-673422/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
presented without comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

No, see, that's okay because

• Locked thread