Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

We need a fourth for Criminal Masterminds on PC if anyone's down. Just hop in mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
How is the new Sultan mod?

I need to probably grind up a bunch of cash to do it.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

So far its me, Slimkillington and ArchRanger. Still need a fourth to smash our heads against the wall with

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Hanging loose with some homeys.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

How is the new Sultan mod?

I need to probably grind up a bunch of cash to do it.

Expensive. Lots and lots of very cool mods. Upgraded performance wise it's pretty much on par with a Jester, but for racing the super class creams it. If it remained a 4 seater it would be the fastest 4 seater by a long stretch.

The Valentines day stuff has only reinforced the criminality of there not being a crop duster variant with guns.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Dusty Lens posted:

Expensive. Lots and lots of very cool mods. Upgraded performance wise it's pretty much on par with a Jester, but for racing the super class creams it. If it remained a 4 seater it would be the fastest 4 seater by a long stretch.

The Valentines day stuff has only reinforced the criminality of there not being a crop duster variant with guns.

Or a crop duster variant that can drop poison gas over an area.

CHEMTRAILS.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

The 2017 GTA:O Valentine's Day update better include autogyros.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 14, 2016

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Ofaloaf posted:

The 2017 GTA:O Valentine's Day update better include autogyros.

I meant to post this the other day:
Is this the first "update" where all content will remain accessible in the game, with no event-based time limits on purchasing stuff? (this doesn't count being able to buy another halloween car/horn if you had already bought one before)
If that is the case, and this might be an unusual conclusion to make, but I think that's a sign that Rockstar is on their last year of updates for GTAO.
Like, maybe they'll do one last year of repeating previous holiday events -- with the addition of a new car and a few other items, leaving it all available to purchase any day of the year from that point forward, but then not make any new content after that. The game's only a year old on PC, but it is several years old in general.

Or maybe enough people bitched about time limits on purchasing items.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

TwatHammer posted:

Will probably need to get a time set down for 6 hours of my life, That and i've not a clue what that is in eurotrash hours.

I've been laying a floor all day, but might be able to start it later tonight if you guys are game for the first couple heists. About 10 or 10:30 est I'd guess.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Or a crop duster variant that can drop poison gas over an area.

CHEMTRAILS.

that was in one of the trailers and never in the game

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

UserErr0r posted:

Is this the first "update" where all content will remain accessible in the game, with no event-based time limits on purchasing stuff?

Not even close. The vast majority of updates have had all their content permanently accessible, though outside the first week or two you miss out on discounts or whatever.

The only updates that were time-limited were the holiday snow, the independence day thing, and first valentine's day, iirc.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

Psion posted:

Car chat: I got a Mamba. It looks nice. It's ...weird to drive. Feels like a heavier, less responsive Sultan RS or armored schafter or similar. Is there a trick I'm missing or is that basically The Mamba?

so good in blue and white with the racing body mod, though

$43k for a Sightseer is nice and all but it gets crushingly boring. I think Aardmania will in fact go insane by the time R* kicks them out one way or the other.

Think of it as a futo with more power.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Tried using the Kuruma for Pac Standard, wasn't able to get into the garage. It might be that I just wasn't patient enough with it, but I think it might have been fixed.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Didn't they fix that ages ago?

titties
May 10, 2012

Croccers posted:

Didn't they fix that ages ago?

It worked the last time we did it, maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Likewise. It was before the Valentine update but it couldn't have been more than 3-4 weeks ago.

If the cops have 'spotted' you it wont work out, so you need to hustle. Other than that I've never had any issues.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Love you guys! PC crew!!!!!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

fishmech posted:

Not even close. The vast majority of updates have had all their content permanently accessible, though outside the first week or two you miss out on discounts or whatever.

The only updates that were time-limited were the holiday snow, the independence day thing, and first valentine's day, iirc.

I'm talking about holiday event updates, not things like Ill-gotten Gains.
Stuff like this, where you can only buy it during an event time frame (and always have access to buying it if you've already bought one): http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Sovereign#Grand_Theft_Auto_Online
Of course, there's only like 3 holiday event updates with cars: 4th of July, Valentines Update, and Halloween. But I also assume the non-holiday updates will stop too in the next year.

I meant to say holiday updates in my first line, but specifically mention holiday updates anyway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Some weird times online tonight thanks to a benevolent modder:

(Yes, people could get in those limos and man those guns)

You could tow other people's cars (from the front or back) but when we tried to cargobob the tow truck while it was towing another car the tow's connection would break. :(

Mostly, though, I think everyone just wanted a black Savage.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So I haven't played this game in a couple of months.

I just logged in, bought both varieties of Roosevelt and a Tampa.

Logged back out.

:shepspends:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

POP CULTURE REFERENCE

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Holy giant Moonwalker

Mastermind goons from last night: I'll be on tonight around 5 PM CST if we're going to try again.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

At the very least, the biplane's passenger should be able to use machine guns.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
found out recently that you can indeed get drunk on the getaway portion of the pac standard.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Speaking of, does anyone from last night want to tackle the finale tonight?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

AirRaid posted:

So I haven't played this game in a couple of months.

I just logged in, bought both varieties of Roosevelt and a Tampa.

Logged back out.

:shepspends:

That's how I feel about this game now. I've completed every heist, unlocked everything that's leveled locked, have every car I pretty much want including the no longer exclusive Roosevelt, all of the useful military vehicles from Pegasus, the most expensive yacht, close to 8 million funbucks, and an alt that I'm basically using as storage for extra T20s to sell should I need money really badly.

I've basically won GTA Online. Does this mean I'm going to quit playing? Not really, as this is best dicking around game, other sandbox games pale in comparison. That being said, I'm a little burnt out, and I do want to give my other games some attention. I may hop on just to briefly say hi and get my Roosevelt blown up.

I mean sure I could play my alt character who's at level 20 something, but that means having to grind back to 100 and having to do all the heists again, which I don't the patience for.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Slim Killington posted:

Holy giant Moonwalker

Mastermind goons from last night: I'll be on tonight around 5 PM CST if we're going to try again.

Yeah ill be down for trying again later

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Scorched Spitz posted:

Speaking of, does anyone from last night want to tackle the finale tonight?
Name a time.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm requesting Wee Bairns post the clip of me flopping into his boat. I've missed this game. I need to start grinding again - I bought a yacht and now I'm down to like 13 mil. :mad:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

I'm requesting Wee Bairns post the clip of me flopping into his boat. I've missed this game. I need to start grinding again - I bought a yacht and now I'm down to like 13 mil. :mad:

Quick and dirty clip, I couldn't get a better angle in the editor because a small portion of it was in first person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNdmZQy5TQ

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
It should not be this drat hard to get a Cargobob, have it pick up a car, and tow that car to the roof of a skyscraper so that I can drive that car off the skyscraper, preferably while Kenny Loggins blasts over the radio.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Craptacular posted:

Name a time.

Around 7 or 8 PM EST. Is that good for everybody?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

sure

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

It should not be this drat hard to get a Cargobob, have it pick up a car, and tow that car to the roof of a skyscraper so that I can drive that car off the skyscraper, preferably while Kenny Loggins blasts over the radio.

The Cargobob not being available through Pegasus is proof enough that Rockstar hates fun.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Maybe it'll be in an update this year and cost 100,000,000 funbux. :)

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I need more funbux so I can get a Roosevelt.

Is there still a waiting period to join LLJK

titties
May 10, 2012

I need more funbux so I can get a Roosevelt.

Is there still a waiting period to join LLJK

Maybe, post in the crew thread to find out more.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Wee Bairns posted:

Quick and dirty clip, I couldn't get a better angle in the editor because a small portion of it was in first person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNdmZQy5TQ

This is actually even better - it looks like I broke the laws of physics way more than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I call it "Don't shoot my car."

http://gfycat.com/FearfulGlisteningKoalabear

• Locked thread