Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Juggernaut Kallista is the best. Fuckin Turtle has finally found his groove. He did a lot of the cooldown tracking for TSM and had godlike reflexes, the time he spellshielded a flash Lissandra ult in a TSM vs CLG game comes to mind. TSM just lacked the unity and aggression and it felt like he was playing on tilt a lot of the time. NA (+Imports) lookin pretty good this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Camel Camus posted:

At what point is it better to focus bans on turtle and reignover instead of adrian? Immortals seems impossible to beat in pick ban with the range of picks they have.

I think banning out Adrian was correct. C9 could have conceivably won that game if a few things went their way.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
As much as it pains me, I'm pretty sure that c9 is the 2nd best team in NA right now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Libertine posted:

This series should have been a Bo3 and they should cancel the rest of the day's games.

Yeah

Jenny Angel posted:

Every time Keven rears his ugly mug to tell us that IMT are somehow not a cool and dangerous and violent and powerful League of Legends team just because they're on a first name basis with soft-hearted pals like Lux and Soraka, I draw a parallel to the architects of the Iraq war appearing on Sunday talk shows to sell their strategies for defeating ISIS. Just something to think about

IMT are a cool team because they take traditionally safe picks like Kalista, Janna, Lux, and go absolutely loving insane with them.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'm going to bring up my point from earlier in the thread, though, that Quinn remains an aggressively useless champ and I don't get why people are suddenly picking her. That game was won despite Huni, not because of him. He got off a few nice bursts, but I'm not sure it was really worth him giving up, what was it, six deaths by the end? If Huni had been on any other champ, he could have contributed more and died less.

Quinn might have a vision gimmick (and I guess that's the real value in this new, different warding world) but that doesn't make up for her kit being a mess and I wish people would stop picking her and being consistently useless, it's not great to watch.

That said I'm pretty sure the four other players could have literally been mashing keys randomly and Turtle still would have carried. My god. :stare:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

IXIX posted:

This is the first time anyone tried banning out Adrian. And, fairly predictably, Adrian, contra Reddit, is not actually a two-trick pony and perfectly good on meta supports as well so it didn't make much of a difference.

We got to watch an actual game instead of lux soraka though so it seems worth it to me.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm going to bring up my point from earlier in the thread, though, that Quinn remains an aggressively useless champ and I don't get why people are suddenly picking her. That game was won despite Huni, not because of him. He got off a few nice bursts, but I'm not sure it was really worth him giving up, what was it, six deaths by the end? If Huni had been on any other champ, he could have contributed more and died less.

Quinn might have a vision gimmick (and I guess that's the real value in this new, different warding world) but that doesn't make up for her kit being a mess and I wish people would stop picking her and being consistently useless, it's not great to watch.

That said I'm pretty sure the four other players could have literally been mashing keys randomly and Turtle still would have carried. My god. :stare:

she is incredibly good except against malphite, then she is pure poo poo

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Schnorkles posted:

As much as it pains me, I'm pretty sure that c9 is the 2nd best team in NA right now.

I dunno the scrum below IMT is pretty fuckin close. On any given day I feel like CLG/TSM/NRG/C9/TL and now maybe EF(?!?!?!) can take games off each other. Lol at Relegades and Dignitoss.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lovechop posted:

she is incredibly good except against malphite, then she is pure poo poo

basically this.

the quinn can't split push by mid game because the malphite will poo poo on her.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

AttackBacon posted:

I dunno the scrum below IMT is pretty fuckin close. On any given day I feel like CLG/TSM/NRG/C9/TL and now maybe EF(?!?!?!) can take games off each other. Lol at Relegades and Dignitoss.

i think c9 and TSM are probably above everyone else. c9 pretty easily handled clg, nrg, and TL.

That said, we'll know soon enough! Because c9 plays NRG and TSM next week.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I feel like Balls had actually been playing well this split. Malphite seemed like good fit for him.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Schnorkles posted:

I'd say, TSM won a game extremely comfortably today, and C9 lost a 30 minute game that they were never in control of despite some kill trading. From this we can tell that C9 is the better team. When will TSM get it together?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Balls has been very good this year compared to last, except he gets completely lost 2 or 3 times every game. Yesterday against TL, he had some insanely bad pathing and his team got separated from him and he ended up getting a solo kill onto piglet.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
This was an honestly wonderful game. As a side note, I want more sneaky on Jhin because even after that early first blood sneaky was a threat most of the game, I felt.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

exethan posted:

Balls has been very good this year compared to last, except he gets completely lost 2 or 3 times every game. Yesterday against TL, he had some insanely bad pathing and his team got separated from him and he ended up getting a solo kill onto piglet.

iirc he teleported in when he got that solo kill, i think he was trying to flank but there ended up being like 3 people there and just sorta went for it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

exethan posted:

this was the best part of that game.

balls just sort of wandered off and ended up killing someone.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Why's every champ in the game got 3 different sub systems to manage now

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm honestly just gonna turn League off the rest of the night, I saw what I needed to see, nothing else today is going to come anywhere close to how loving good that game was.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Shadow225 posted:

I feel like Balls had actually been playing well this split. Malphite seemed like good fit for him.

Balls was gifted Quinn into Malphite so he looked good this week. Trust me, he is garbage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm watching the renegades game so I can, er, cheer for them and then I'm going to the gym.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Jhin into Kalista is one of the worst lanes to play. Sneaky should have gone for something more mobile.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Schnorkles posted:

basically this.

the quinn can't split push by mid game because the malphite will poo poo on her.

I agree, I think she is strong. I think she actually lost a lot of her dueling strength with the rework but the change to her ult just gives her SO much map presence. This meta really seems to be defined by damage and she gives you a top with good damage plus unrivaled mobility. Huni+Pob actually completely won that last fight by nuking Jensen who was the only one that could really threaten Turtle and Quinn's mobility was a big reason that was able to happen.

Schnorkles posted:

i think c9 and TSM are probably above everyone else. c9 pretty easily handled clg, nrg, and TL.

That said, we'll know soon enough! Because c9 plays NRG and TSM next week.

I can agree with this. Excited for the games next week, I like all of these teams so it's fun to see close, competitive games out of them.

Shadow225 posted:

Balls said at the beginning of this split he's really trying to get back to his old form. There was a time when he was the most dominant player in top lane in NA. C9 also seem to have a lot of faith in him (see their reactions to Diamond 2 pre-worlds) which is huge I think. I don't buy into this idea that players have a prime of just a year or two and once they slump they can't recover, I think that with a good team atmosphere a motivated player absolutely can come back strong.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 15, 2016

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

exethan posted:

The next logical step would be giving him Bard for a game imo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

AttackBacon posted:

I can agree with this. Excited for the games next week, I like all of these teams so it's fun to see close, competitive games out of them.

Also with bo1's its impossible to know anything other than Immortals are really strong imo.

Playoffs will sort out where the teams actually are.

Summer split can't come soon enough.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Schnorkles posted:

Also with bo1's its impossible to know anything other than Immortals are really strong imo.

Playoffs will sort out where the teams actually are.

Summer split can't come soon enough.

Agree 100%.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

balls would probably be better off taking a break from competitive if he wants to get his form back, its pretty hard to build up the confidence to go for plays when you're mostly on "just don't feed" duty.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Piglet on a boring dumb champ instead of cool Jhin or a surprisingly useful Vayne against two tanks.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

IXIX posted:

This is the first time anyone tried banning out Adrian. And, fairly predictably, Adrian, contra Reddit, is not actually a two-trick pony and perfectly good on meta supports as well so it didn't make much of a difference.

Ah dang you're right! I could have sworn there was a couple more games where he pulled two bans, but that is very wrong.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Radical posted:

balls would probably be better off taking a break from competitive if he wants to get his form back, its pretty hard to build up the confidence to go for plays when you're mostly on "just don't feed" duty.

I think this is true for many players but I think Balls has the fairly unique situation where his team really seems to believe in him. They aren't just leaving him on an island like TSM did to Dyrus, they are giving him support and opportunities to carry and I think games like that last one show it. He showed up pretty big that whole game, even though they lost in the end.

Speaking of players past their prime making a comeback....Crumbz is like the poster boy for it going horribly, horribly wrong. Poor Alex (as much as I love him) isn't looking much better. Watching Crumbz derp around in an empty, warded jungle and river while his bot gets destroyed by obvious obvious ganks is just sad.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 15, 2016

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Renegades looking pretty strong right now.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

YancyQ posted:

Renegades looking pretty strong right now.

are we watching the same game

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
So Dig vs TIP, probably TIP?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

AttackBacon posted:

I think this is true for many players but I think Balls has the fairly unique situation where his team really seems to believe in him. They aren't just leaving him on an island like TSM did to Dyrus, they are giving him support and opportunities to carry and I think games like that last one show it. He showed up pretty big that whole game, even though they lost in the end.

Speaking of players past their prime making a comeback....Crumbz is like the poster boy for it going horribly, horribly wrong. Poor Alex (as much as I love him) isn't looking much better. Watching Crumbz derp around in an empty, warded jungle and river while his bot gets destroyed by obvious obvious ganks is just sad.

Crumbz was good for like three games in season 3, maybe. He was never good at decision making. How he has had a career this long is rather amazing.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

archduke.iago posted:

are we watching the same game

Their comp doesn't need to win the early game, it just needs to survive it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Despera posted:

So Dig vs TIP, probably TIP?

I'm pretty sure that the main people who win in this game will be us, the viewers.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Dardoch is pretty good, it turns out

stump collector
May 28, 2007
corki bursts harder than leblanc with the amount of farm alex has

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

YancyQ posted:

Their comp doesn't need to win the early game, it just needs to survive it.

malphite needs to be unkillable for that to be the case.....flarez rushed a banner...

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Jayisspecial posted:

Crumbz was good for like three games in season 3, maybe. He was never good at decision making. How he has had a career this long is rather amazing.

I really don't understand it, yeah. Even during his "prime" he was...alright. He has been playing forever (I remember playing against him in beta, he wasn't great back then either) so I guess that's worth something...but man, he looks so, so bad, and has looked bad for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao crumbz

• Locked thread