Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Does anyone know if I can ask Comcast to give me east coast channels? Staying up this late sucks. The thread/t shirt scream ignore me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sash! posted:

poor sterile Hank

He's better off that way, thanks to cloning if he's like Dean then his genetic pool is more of a genetic septic tank.

Zapping Dean's Ulcer, because of course Dean has an Ulcer, made sense, but I think they missed a good chance to call back to his cloning by having them fix some weird clone-related health issue, though then again that's a complicated idea to get across quickly.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Have they referenced Kraftwerk before? Because of course they like kraftwerk.

Also Scaramantula and Dr. Venture think Blue Morphos is a villain, classic Green Hornet. Was that Kano? He must be the weird uncle, to like, everyone.

Edit: Watched again, he says Kano

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 15, 2016

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, Kano's sidekicking for Blue Morpho puts his oath of silence into a new context.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ahahahaha Donald Trump at the party.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Man, Doc's ongoing fear of tiny men in robots/robots in general tickles me pink.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fellbat posted:

Man, Doc's ongoing fear of tiny men in robots/robots in general tickles me pink.

WITH ROBOT FINGERS
THEY LINGER

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sash! posted:

poor sterile Hank

That's most likely going to be a red herring if it was meant to be anything more than a joke

NowonSA posted:

He's better off that way, thanks to cloning if he's like Dean then his genetic pool is more of a genetic septic tank.

Zapping Dean's Ulcer, because of course Dean has an Ulcer, made sense, but I think they missed a good chance to call back to his cloning by having them fix some weird clone-related health issue, though then again that's a complicated idea to get across quickly.

The Master was lying his rear end off when he made those claims(specifically to get Triana to go and make use of her magical potential), as confirmed in the Halloween episode when that guy who helped Rusty create the clones mentioned that the only issue Dean had was a heightened chance for astigmatism

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
This episode gives fuel to the theory that Wide Wale is targeting The Monarch as revenge.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Where the gently caress is the goddamn episode, Amazon

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Angular Landbury posted:

Where the gently caress is the goddamn episode, Amazon

Seriously.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LostRook posted:

This episode gives fuel to the theory that Wide Wale is targeting The Monarch as revenge.

And it gives him greater impetus to use the Morpho gear to start axing other villains in revenge.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright, that's enough foreplay. They gotta get to this plot of the Monarch killing all the villains in front of him on the Guild's list. Gonna be so awesome.

Gah, three episodes down already!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Gah, three episodes down already!

So now we have a little less than 2.5 hours of Venture Brothers before the cold void envelops us for a few more years.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

tarlibone posted:

One thing I like is that the animation/texture on Wide Wale's outfit uses the classic "fill in this area with one non-moving texture" method that I remember from old cartoons where people were wearing striped or checkered shirts/slacks.
Like Stan in the Monkey Island games?

So are they planing to give Dean the final swear of the season again? Because this was classic, season 4-era, Butt Monkey!Dean shenanigans with the grey goo. Are they implying at the end that Dean may still have some of the nanobots in his brain despite the purging?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

X_Toad posted:

Like Stan in the Monkey Island games?

So are they planing to give Dean the final swear of the season again? Because this was classic, season 4-era, Butt Monkey!Dean shenanigans with the grey goo. Are they implying at the end that Dean may still have some of the nanobots in his brain despite the purging?

Another show that does that was Chowder, which used that technique extensively

Also I think Rusty was lying about the nanites being purged out at all

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

So they gave him urethra pains just to make him think that he was purged? That's cold, Rusty! And Brock. And Pete. And Billy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

tarlibone posted:

"Oh, this? Lost it in the war...."

One thing I like is that the animation/texture on Wide Wale's outfit uses the classic "fill in this area with one non-moving texture" method that I remember from old cartoons where people were wearing striped or checkered shirts/slacks.

I didn't notice that. Might be because it's striped and generally that technique is used for more complex patterns like the aforementioned checkered patterns or ones like paisley or plaid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know I'm just gonna put it out there.... Copycat is a dick :colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love that they kept the original shtick of The Green Hornet, pretending to be a gangster in order to thwart gangland.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Jerusalem posted:

You know I'm just gonna put it out there.... Copycat is a dick :colbert:
Bet you he's the first one the notmonarch whacks.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Took me a while to realize that Copycat was also a play on cool cat :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

drrockso20 posted:

I think you're right. The body image on the monitor showed a few glowing dots in the brain. I'm guessing Doc left a few nanites in Dean's noggin to give him the extra edge in his application.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
The Monarch is going to look like a hero while performing villainy, to go with his father looking like a villain while actually being a hero.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought they mind controlled Dean during the entrance exam so they could take it for him. Hence the SAT prep books next to Doc at the end.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Did they linger on Copycat's cufflink for a reason? It's when he first talks to Dr. Mrs. Monarch and gives her his card.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 15, 2016

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?

Illinois Smith posted:

Did they linger on Copycat's cufflink for a reason? It's when he first talks to Dr. Mrs. Monarch and gives her his card.

Probably to show he's in the Guild and not a civilian

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

It's The Guild of Calamitous Intent crest, he wanted to show her that he was a villain.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Ah, nice.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

PostNouveau posted:

I thought they mind controlled Dean during the entrance exam so they could take it for him. Hence the SAT prep books next to Doc at the end.

They where downloading the answers of the questions into Dean's brain.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like how they're telling a much more serial story this season, but it makes the episodes just fly by

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Ahahahaha Donald Trump at the party.

Knowing this show that was animated about a year before he even started running for president and Doc/Jackson think it's even funnier now.

Zero One posted:

Hank was pretty smooth pulling the old Aladdin there.

I like how Serena immediately went aggressively Italian with "hail Mary full of grace" when she panics.

E: Also "whale lice" :rolleyes:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I don't think Monarch's killing spree is going to be about Venture at all. It's clear that there's some sort of plot to get Dr. Mrs. The Monarch to leave him. My guess is she ends up doing just that and he goes straight up homicidal, seeing the entire Guild as his enemy, even more so than Venture.

I could also see the Guild doing that pushing Gary over the edge into murder simply on the grounds of knowing the Guild manipulated Sheila into leaving his only friend (and boss).

I kind of hope I'm wrong, though...because it would be as serious as this show's ever gotten.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 15, 2016

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think Monarch's killing spree is going to be about Venture at all. It's clear that there's some sort of plot to get Dr. Mrs. The Monarch to leave him.

Yeah the fact that Wide Whale appeared to know what the Monarch was doing at VenTech without the telescope was pretty immediately suspicious.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ultramiraculous posted:

E: Also "whale lice" :rolleyes:

What are you rolleyesing about?

I'm glad they mentioned Vendata. Hopefully they actually bring him back. I really want our theory to be right. A great episode.

Edit: Pretty messed up that they call out Orpheus by name but he won't even be in the season.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 15, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't think Monarch's killing spree is going to be about Venture at all. It's clear that there's some sort of plot to get Dr. Mrs. The Monarch to leave him. My guess is she ends up doing just that and he goes straight up homicidal, seeing the entire Guild as his enemy, even more so than Venture.

I could also see the Guild doing that pushing Gary over the edge into murder simply on the grounds of knowing the Guild manipulated Sheila into leaving his only friend (and boss).

I kind of hope I'm wrong, though...because it would be as serious as this show's ever gotten.

It's likely one of two things: revenge on The Monarch for killing Wale's brother or trying to depose Dr Mrs The Monarch through her husband since she's basically the brains on the current Council

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Xelkelvos posted:

It's likely one of two things: revenge on The Monarch for killing Wale's brother or trying to depose Dr Mrs The Monarch through her husband since she's basically the brains on the current Council

Or both.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait for the next 5 episodes. The Monarch finds out about copy cat and goes full Blue Morpho. Though I figure he's going to kill Copy Cat but it will really just be a copy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dean's storyline is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Hey, isn't the name of Wide Wale's daughter spelled Sirena? With an I? An unusual spelling of the name, but one that manages to have a pun in it: siren. As in the ladies who lured sailors to their deaths.

Maybe she's doing that to Hank and/or the Ventures. Maybe on purpose, maybe not. Who knows. But that's a nice little water creature pun.