Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

gently caress it, just parody the Batman scene where Joker burns his big pile of money and the accountant dude, but replace the money with printouts of spaceship jpegs and have the poo poo case perched on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Xaerael posted:

If it goes down further, we should all chip in and buy it, strip the internals and resell them for charity, then upload a video to youtube of the super limited edition case being smashed to pieces and burned.
You guys lack imagination.

Start up a kickstarter to buy it. It's up to the SC community to ensure sure such a venerable artefact as this goes to a good home, it's a piece of PC gaming history after all.

Then you video yourself smashing and burning the case.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

What started as a joke...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

tooterfish posted:

You guys lack imagination.

Start up a kickstarter to buy it. It's up to the SC community to ensure sure such a venerable artefact as this goes to a good home, it's a piece of PC gaming history after all.

Then you video yourself smashing and burning the case.

Joke immersion breaks when you know that Kickstarters are minimum 28 days, and shitcase is only up for grabs for another 5.

What's kinda hilarious though is jamming the thing on ebay is going to put a final price on the valuation of his "contribution" towards making croberts gazillions of dollars. He probably spent a ton of man hours designing whatever he did, and now he's self valuing his time at a meager £1,750.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

Joke immersion breaks when you know that Kickstarters are minimum 28 days, and shitcase is only up for grabs for another 5.

What's kinda hilarious though is jamming the thing on ebay is going to put a final price on the valuation of his "contribution" towards making croberts gazillions of dollars. He probably spent a ton of man hours designing whatever he did, and now he's self valuing his time at a meager £1,750.

You forgot the invaluable benefit of being able to add crob as a reference to your CV

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

:captainpop: :chanpop:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
At this point I would normally blink and comically rub my eyes like an old comedy silent film actor just to be certain this is actual reality I'm experiencing, but I'm too afraid to be executed and turned into civil meat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

What started as a joke...

lmfao

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Out of curiosity, what was the ship the PC guy designed, and how many of them would cover the cost for the lovely PC?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:eonwe::eonwe::eonwe::eonwe:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:drat:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Incombibulator posted:

Oh, come on - that's a cheap shot. My point was nothing of the sort and you know it.
I just get fed up with "oh there must have been something nefarious going down" reasoning about everything.
It's bull and I call it.

Nobody here understands how game development works, obviously. Nubs.

Sorry if that felt like a cheap shot. It's not that there's a "Sandi smell" attached to Brittany's departure, it's that there's very personal laundry of her's along side it. Stuff that I'm very hesitant to air out for the sake of knocking CIG down a peg.

Which leads to...

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I'm not sure how much detail she'd want released.
If I can get in touch with her and get her permission, I'll spill it.

If she agrees to it, that's fine, but be very tactful about what involves her personal life.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lmfao

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I... i dont even... where to begin?

The Stimperor protects!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Sorry if that felt like a cheap shot. It's not that there's a "Sandi smell" attached to Brittany's departure, it's that there's very personal laundry of her's along side it. Stuff that I'm very hesitant to air out for the sake of knocking CIG down a peg.

Which leads to...

If she agrees to it, that's fine, but be very tactful about what involves her personal life.

When it comes to how that went down, I really wouldn't want to speak out of turn. There's a level of trust there that I don't want to break.

\-edit-/
Y'know what? I'm not even going to talk about this any further.
If she had wanted this to be aired out, she would have. It's been buried, and I'm not going to be the one holding a shovel.

BluestreakBTHR fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 15, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

loving lol :pgabz: :eonwe:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Just doin' a lil' iteration here guys, thanks for your feedback. We're making progress.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

A few more failed sales and it might be worse buying as a space heater
bitcoin miner

:vince:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Toops posted:

Just doin' a lil' iteration here guys, thanks for your feedback. We're making progress.

:eyepop:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hahahahahahaha

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Toops posted:

lol this thread is worth the 100 million bucks from the backers, pity none of them are getting to play it

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Toops posted:

drat, look at all those options... you can really tell it is a PC game by how many options it has

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Toops posted:

I feel like "Store" should be "Pledge"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kordansk posted:

I feel like "Store" should be "Pledge"

Well why choose when you can have neither both?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Was expecting more :squawk: about this.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks good just the way it is. Design by committee is death by committee.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

I'm in a conference call and I had to mute myself, I can't stop laughing. Thanks for making my day!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Ugh, I don't understand how these loving idiots can't see through the stupidity. The fact that they contrive ways to validate their purchases as 'pledges' or the fact that they're 'backers' or how 'immersive' and high 'fidelity' the game is. I have never seen a group of people so completely disconnected with reality, and their use of specific vocabulary is so loving :laffo:.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ah true. More options.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Toops posted:

Not real familiar with Unity, did you have to grab something from the asset store or is that basic UI part of Unity?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not real familiar with Unity, did you have to grab something from the asset store or is that basic UI part of Unity?

That's the CryEngine plugin asset.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I knew CIG employees would jump at the chance to work in a stable enviorment, like the Stimpire.

Great thread

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

I think the following of this thread for months and the reading of over a terasuperbilion of posts is wort only for the full understanding of this twitter.
I'm truly amazed

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

RattiRatto posted:

I think the following of this thread for months and the reading of over a terasuperbilion of posts is wort only for the full understanding of this twitter.
I'm truly amazed

Someone needs to send Pedro a quick summary of the Fourth Stimpire, and how it enriches Star Citizen lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Does the volume of the music triple every second? I don't know if music was ever addressed in the original Stimpire lore and ultimately fleshed out.

• Locked thread