Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
We need a Kickstarter to get Camacho to write the Stimpire anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Could you ask him if it would be possible to get Portsmouth Sinfonia to perform his work? It would fit perfectly to the general feeling of Star Citizen.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not real familiar with Unity, did you have to grab something from the asset store or is that basic UI part of Unity?

It's obviously procedurally generated, he just had to set some sliders:

- Maek gaem (1-100)
- Immersion (Elite Dangerous - Star Citizen)
- Birds (1-9001)

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Hi, Sandi.

Bootcha gave me flowers that are pretty and smell nice. Chris gave you flowers that look like he stole them from a funeral. The men in our lives are certainly in tune with our personalities, aren't they? :cheeky: :fuzzknot:

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 15, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

fuzzknot posted:

Hi, Sandi.

Bootcha gave me flowers that are pretty and smell nice. Chris gave you flowers that look like he stole them from a funeral. The men in our lives are certainly in tune with our personalities, aren't they? :P :fuzzknot:

:fuzzknot: you own.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

:pusheen:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Hi, Sandi.

Bootcha gave me flowers that are pretty and smell nice. Chris gave you flowers that look like he stole them from a funeral. The men in our lives are certainly in tune with our personalities, aren't they? :P :fuzzknot:

You guys have it good. My dog didn't even bother to pour an extra glass of bourbon for me when I came home yesterday :(

e: and turtle was in my loving chair. no respect at all.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Thank you.

I never thought of a guy's taste in flowers reflecting his taste in women, but there may be something to that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Heh, a Star Citizen post found its way into the general gaming subreddit and some of the replies are great.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

You guys have it good. My dog didn't even bother to pour an extra glass of bourbon for me when I came home yesterday :(

Nice squeezing you're diplomas in the dog pic SANDI

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
drat I wanna hug that dawg

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

fuzzknot posted:

Hi, Sandi.

Bootcha gave me flowers that are pretty and smell nice. Chris gave you flowers that look like he stole them from a funeral. The men in our lives are certainly in tune with our personalities, aren't they? :cheeky: :fuzzknot:

:eyepop:

Ow.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nice squeezing you're diplomas in the dog pic SANDI

Hah! Joke's on you, I have way too many diplomas to fit in a picture! One for each type of ocean I'm a qualified MARINE BIOLOGIST for, seventeen marketing degrees, and one HONORARY CERTIFICATE FOR BEING THE BEST SALESWOMAN IN THE WORLD AND I HAVE BEEN EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL.

(No but really two of those are 'adoption certificates' for donating money to various shark conservation efforts. That whole wall is meaningless haha. My girlfriend and I set up personalized reading corners. She went super crunchy and goofy with hers and I went "gently caress reading I wanna drink bourbon" with mine, so it seemed like I should hang some official looking poo poo. Once I get some of my latest round of pictures printed out, they will go up instead)

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

But you have booze. That is good.

Could Sandi maybe borrow one of your qualifications from your wall? You seem to have more than she does.

(Thought: My degree is still in the paper thing in which it was originally presented to me a decade ago. Bitch isn't getting it, though.)

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 15, 2016

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

quote:

Are you supposed to see stars through planets? Making planets transparent seems like an odd decision

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

That whole wall is meaningless haha.

That's okay; so is every "qualification" Sandi has ever presented.

edit: Nah, your qualifications are still more real. Never mind.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

Your dawg seems to want to tell you to not start drinking that early :D. Or that you have forgotten to give your dawg some nice food.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I can die happily now. My life is complete.

:eonwe:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

By the way, what's that photo in the upper lefthand corner? I can hardly see anything, but it looks like a screaming fish. I am unconvinced that your marine biologist work is benevolent. :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

edit: Nah, your qualifications are still more real. Never mind.

Well even .001 is still larger than 0 haha

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Scruffpuff posted:

2) If people want to take something from others, or do something in a dishonest way, do not underestimate their intelligence. Once someone sees a way to get something they want, they will usually get it. Example: stealing money for fake internet spaceships. They have an attorney, an ever-changing TOS, draconian forum policies, and an army of people scouring the web for dissent. They will cover their bases in ways you never saw coming, and from angles you will never anticipate. Always assume these people are as intelligent, or more, than you when dealing with them, and you're less likely to be caught with your pants down.

The second rule was why after refunds were starting to get denied, the only people still getting them were fully armed with all the facts and documentation.

To paraphrase H. L. Mencken, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

By the way, what's that photo in the upper lefthand corner? I can hardly see anything, but it looks like a screaming fish. I am unconvinced that your marine biologist work is benevolent. :ohdear:

I can't find a better shot of it, but it's a print of a rainbow trout that I bought when we went to Alaska last summer. It looks like it's screaming because they actually paint the fish and then press it onto the paper to create the image, so not all of the fish come across. But that was a reproduction anyway, so at most I'm responsible for like 1/1000th of that fish's death.

Generally speaking I'm pretty benevolent. Any fishing I do is done with a spear, so at least I look the poor bastard in the eyes before I kill him :/

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

Hi, Sandi.

:vince:

I have no words.

:swoon:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Beet Wagon posted:

it's screaming because they actually paint the fish and then press it onto the paper to create the image,

i didn't know alaska was part of the fourth stimpire

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

I can't find a better shot of it, but it's a print of a rainbow trout that I bought when we went to Alaska last summer. It looks like it's screaming because they actually paint the fish and then press it onto the paper to create the image, so not all of the fish come across. But that was a reproduction anyway, so at most I'm responsible for like 1/1000th of that fish's death.

Generally speaking I'm pretty benevolent. Any fishing I do is done with a spear, so at least I look the poor bastard in the eyes before I kill him :/

Ohhhhh. That's quite cool. I never considered it before, but I suppose dead fish always look like they're screaming, which I am now going to remember every time I buy fish. Anyway, fresh fish are fantastic. I remember when I was a kid, I had fresh salmon my uncle caught on a fishing trip to Alaska; it was the best I ever tasted. I think rainbow trout is even better, though. Bootcha and I made trout a la creme for his first-ever cooking lesson.

I think I posted this before, but gently caress it.

TROUT A LA CREME

1 pound trout
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
dash white pepper
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup white wine
2 teaspoons lemon juice
fresh or dried dill as garnish

Fillet trout and slice into four pieces.

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Fry trout till just done. Remove from skillet and drain.

Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Add flour, salt, and pepper, stir in to form a thick paste. Gradually stir in milk, wine, and lemon juice; cook till thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and spread over trout. Sprinkle with dill if desired. Serves 4.

That reminds me, I need to take Bootcha to Quality Seafood Market to see about some walleyed pike for our next cooking lesson.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

This is the look of a (very cute) dog who knows he has forgotten his bourbon pouring duties. Look at those sad eyes, he'll remember next time!

This is my dog performing her duty. Watching the squirrels in the trees outside to make sure they're not up to anything fishy.

It's a very tiring job, apparently.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beet Wagon posted:

In the Fourth Stimpire, arts students undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless painart, where they are painted and then pressed onto paper to create an image. Due to the rigorous disembowelling process, not all of the arts student comes across in the picture.

[Editor's note: Technically, 40,000 years is not "endless"]

Real edit: gently caress you, Alaska!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:laffo:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

The worst feeling is hitting a fish in the gut and having it tear itself loose.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

Just doin' a lil' iteration here guys, thanks for your feedback. We're making progress.

If you toggle P2W off it should automatically come back on a couple of seconds later

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

fuzzknot posted:

Hi, Sandi.

But can you do this with your flowers?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

The worst feeling is hitting a fish in the gut and having it tear itself loose.

It really is an awful feeling, especially because they bolt and you're probably never going to get a chance to put them out of their misery :(

I try to pick my shots really carefully, but you can't stone them 100% of the time. I always feel bad.

Natron posted:

It's a very tiring job, apparently.

Holy gently caress that dag is adorable!

Mr Fronts posted:

In the Fourth Stimpire, arts students undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless painart, where they are painted and then pressed onto paper to create an image. Due to the rigorous disembowelling process, not all of the arts student comes across in the picture.

[Editor's note: Technically, 40,000 years is not "endless"]

Real edit: gently caress you, Alaska!

There's a huge industry for "commercial art" which is created by stamping the same art students over and over again, until their broken bodies can no longer hold ink.

fake edit: Alaska's cool as gently caress though.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Just going to copy paste this recipe for the stimpire it's very delicious I made it yesterday

World's Best Lasagna
Ingredients
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Drain meat. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This gif should be the dictionary definition of "high".

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

SelenicMartian posted:

But can you do this with your flowers?

I don't have to eat mine to avoid looking at them.

Besides, I'm not in the habit of going on camera stoned off my rear end and Lesnicking down boxes of TimTams and everything else, edible or otherwise, that presents itself.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Highly unlikely that any self-respecting Goon, regardless of how badly they need the money (oh wait; there's no money to be made in journo anymore), will work over there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello. So about that game.

Is it out?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

7 yrs + $150M, a fat paycheck in a nice house paid for by Spergs. And this is what your "man" gives you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beet Wagon posted:

It really is an awful feeling, especially because they bolt and you're probably never going to get a chance to put them out of their misery :(

I try to pick my shots really carefully, but you can't stone them 100% of the time. I always feel bad.

Holy gently caress that dag is adorable!

There's a huge industry for "commercial art" which is created by stamping the same art students over and over again, until their broken bodies can no longer hold ink.

fake edit: Alaska's cool as gently caress though.

Fish stamping art seems a bit weird to me, but arts student stamping is all good.

I wonder if you can be an art dealer in Star Citizen. Upload your own work, buy a gallery in a space station, and sell it to other citizens with a keen eye for quality art. I wish I'd asked about it in early 2014, because the answer would have been, "Yes, of course you can! All advanced human civilizations value their art!".

• Locked thread