Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

7 yrs + $150M, a fat paycheck in a nice house paid for by Spergs. And this is what your "man" gives you?

I dunno man, paying for an entire funeral is pretty extravagant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

7 yrs + $150M, a fat paycheck in a nice house paid for by Spergs. And this is what your "man" gives you?

TBH I'd give serious consideration to that offer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
...and so it begins

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/15/10997622/star-citizen-made-a-big-change-in-how-its-sold

quote:

A press release issued over the weekend strongly suggests that more modules could be broken off and sold separately at a later time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
those are legit some fugly flowers

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

"from nearly 1.28 million backers."

It'd be nice to see them examine that a little more closely. Maybe in a future piece. On account of the number being a big 'ol unknown that CIG wont disclose and all.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr Fronts posted:

Fish stamping art seems a bit weird to me, but arts student stamping is all good.

I wonder if you can be an art dealer in Star Citizen. Upload your own work, buy a gallery in a space station, and sell it to other citizens with a keen eye for quality art. I wish I'd asked about it in early 2014, because the answer would have been, "Yes, of course you can! All advanced human civilizations value their art!".

I'll make a living in the verse selling pictures of Earth-fish! They will be a novelty because they don't have like sixteen loving fins and a bunch of eyes all jammed in their misshapen heads!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Fronts posted:

I wonder if you can be an art dealer in Star Citizen.
Maybe you can get together with the guy who's going to be a photographer.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Paladinus posted:

Hello. So about that game.

Is it out?

Two weeks.

D_Smart posted:

It's possible she bought them herself or just snapped a photo in a nearby store. Or perhaps they were from the spergs and not Chris.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone update the itshappening gif to have Derek's face on it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

fuzzknot posted:

Besides, I'm not in the habit of going on camera stoned off my rear end and Lesnicking down boxes of TimTams and everything else, edible or otherwise, that presents itself.
I'm half expecting Sandi to start swinging at invisible bees live on air.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Wait. Their TOS or their laughable forum rules.

SelenicMartian posted:

You can't swing at bees when they're in your teeth. It's the ants breaking through the skin that really drive you bonkers.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I almost felt bad making this, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw those flowers.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fuzzknot posted:

Two weeks.

You see, I've been asking this question fortnightly many times now and the game is still not out. I begin to suspect it may not be out for a while.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

It's possible she bought them herself or just snapped a photo in a nearby store. Or perhaps they were from the spergs and not Chris.

I could totally see some loving autist thinking "Hey those are nice flowers, those'll do!" and not realizing they were on the "FOR loving DEAD GUYS" tab of 1800flowers.com or whatever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Duckaerobics posted:

I almost felt bad making this, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw those flowers.

holy poo poo gently caress you for making laugh like a dipshit at work

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

All this and more on The Exciting Adventures of Grave Roberts.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Chalks posted:

I dunno man, paying for an entire funeral is pretty extravagant.

The funeral for Star Citizen. $106 million.

SelenicMartian posted:

Like the one on her shoulder in that gif?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does the volume of the music triple every second? I don't know if music was ever addressed in the original Stimpire lore and ultimately fleshed out.

Music seems dangerous. Music leads to dancing. Dancing leads to . . . genital touching. :frogsiren:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

SelenicMartian posted:

lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/15/10997622/star-citizen-made-a-big-change-in-how-its-sold

quote:

The Roberts Space Industries website states that the campaign has so far earned more than $108 million from nearly 1.28 million backers.

quote:

Update: The original version of this article omitted the source for the number of backers on the Star Citizen project. We've made it clear that number is self-reported by RSI.

The fine line between reporting X and reporting that Y said X.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SelenicMartian posted:

the thread is really good today

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Paladinus posted:

You see, I've been asking this question fortnightly many times now and the game is still not out. I begin to suspect it may not be out for a while.

You just have to disregard the date on which the answer was given. It is an eternal truth.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

We already have better

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Now I'm curious if CIG explicitly stated that they have 1.28 million backers or if that's gleaned from the tracker thing.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

(which i frankly dont believe)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

We already have better

lol

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

!

where is this press release?

nm

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15189-Package-Split-Information

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

flyboi posted:

World's Best Lasagna

That is close to my lasagna recipe, except I don't use sugar or fennel. I use basil, oregano, a hint of parsley and rosemary.

Duckaerobics posted:

I hope he remembered to remove the card before regifting them.

It reminds me of the British comedy "As Time Goes By." In the first season, the character Jean was being courted by two men. One gave her a gigantic floral display, which was sitting in the front office when the second guy showed up with his dinky little bouquet. He saw the ostentatious first display, looked at his own, looked at the secretary, and joked "I stole these from a cemetery."

Except Sandi's flowers seriously do look like funeral flowers. Gross.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

with development this open who even wants a game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how hard is it to just straight up buy even a single rose than whatever that monstrosity was

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I figure Cymelion gets paid per Star Citizen news piece he comments on.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this is the money quote:

quote:

The ‘package split’ is the first introduction of the anticipated a la carte option: you can pick which part of the game you’re interested in, for now the single player campaign or the persistent universe, and then can choose whether or not to purchase the other module as an add-on.

although this could just be referring to how you'll need to buy the additional episodes of SQ42.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

beep_boop posted:

There's no way to know for sure without any sort of oversight. They fudged the numbers already during the last anniversary sale - and they're probably just making poo poo up now. Put your tin foil hat on, I kinda feel like they probably admitted to loving up their calculations so that it created a false sense of openness about it. The way I see it, if it's publicly visible that funding dried up, it'l cause any new potential tithers to be more cautious. After all, why would you tithe to the church of croberts if nobody else is doing it anymore?

Also, :yarg: PAAAARRRRRP

P.S. First post, am I doing it right?

Insightful. I'm fairly new here too, but I think you're doing it right. Also, greetings from 200 pages in the past.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Well you can always post your cs discussions here, reddit, twitter, Facebook or even at Mr Smart's blog :). After all those mentioned are not rsi forum

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHyr0bu8OI&t=340s

:yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Happy Sisyphus posted:

with development this open who even wants a game?

CIG certainly doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A Neurotic Jew posted:

although this could just be referring to how you'll need to buy the additional episodes of SQ42.

I'm only interested in SQ42 Ep 3 when they run entirely out of ways to remake Wing Commanders: The Movie and have to start working the Stimpire and Chilldankli in, how much would it cost to get that one a la carte?

E: I am not interested in SQ42e1, e2 or any baby poos, just E3

• Locked thread