Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

quandary are you scum

Negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Imgay's posting has me feeling like I should be checking for a full moon or something.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quandary posted:

Negative.

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Merk you aren't helping here. This is a bad series of votes and you guys should be ashamed. I thought you had a respect for the game. You haven't even used the "rolling start" video to show that these votes are a turbo. I'm very upset, especially with you merk. I thought we had this kind of mutual respect with each other. You don't even have the bollocks to say anything with your vote. I am legitimately upset with you. I've always considered you to be a good player, but this is just poor gamesmanship from you. Please reconsider your vote, I know you are better than Jose and Ecco, a real mafia champion. Don't sink to their level.

I am ashamed every day, but not about this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

bag 'em and tag 'em posts are only valid if you use the :clint: smilie, sorry.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am really enjoying these imgay posts but am not hopeful that he will be able to keep it up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This lynch will go down in history. Children will rise out of their hoverbeds in the middle of Bush Ocean (now Texas) and remember stories their grandpappies told them about where they were when they saw imgay's flip in [Mafia] Generic Mafia.

"I was at home in my boxers," one child's grandpappy said. He framed them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Lord of Hats posted:

Imgay's posting has me feeling like I should be checking for a full moon or something.

How are you the Lord of Hats but your avatar doesn't even have a hat?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Guys, I've been thinking about something for awhile

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gordon Freeman

G-man?

Makes you think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

imgay posted:

Oh yeah last role is something unique i came up with, its a 3p reserve jester thats role is to not get lynched and live to the end of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I saw The Revenant today. Good movie.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

"I was at home in my boxers," one child's grandpappy said. He framed them.

you should put on pants

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Confirming

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

I saw The Revenant today. Good movie.

I found the movie to be mediocre.

##vote Quandary

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Confirming.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

you should put on pants

Excuse me, but how do you know merk was talking about himself?

merk/ecco for scum team.

##vote Ecco

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Max posted:

Excuse me, but how do you know merk was talking about himself?

merk/ecco for scum team.

##vote Ecco

There is a precedent of this.

I call to the courts attention the game of Subterfuge at space station 39

##vote merkecco

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

merk posted:

:mad:

##vote merk

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MG2 posted:

There is a precedent of this.

I call to the courts attention the game of Subterfuge at space station 39

##vote merkecco

I can't believe you can remember the specific game they were scum in 4 years ago at a drop of the hat.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Max posted:

I can't believe you can remember the specific game they were scum in 4 years ago at a drop of the hat.

My memory is v. good

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

merk posted:

This is a pretty good point actually.

Also, y'know, Hats should die early for everyones sake

##Vote hats

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think The Lord of Hats anime avatar is a reasonable reason to vote for him. I get that this is the joke phase and everything, but all these unsubstantiated votes are really horrible. Perhaps we could cull those down and focus on actually playing mafia?

Just some food for thought.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

imgay posted:

I don't think The Lord of Hats anime avatar is a reasonable reason to vote for him. I get that this is the joke phase and everything, but all these unsubstantiated votes are really horrible. Perhaps we could cull those down and focus on actually playing mafia?

Just some food for thought.

What do you think of the evidence I brought to the table w/r/t Ecco and merk being a scumteam

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, were you serious about your case? ##unvote

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Magnus, thanks for coming in with that old game. It is a really impressive find and kudos to you for it. That said, I believe meta arguments are important. However, I think they are more effective when they are supported by actions of those players in the game.

Now let's look at merk and ecco and what they contributed so far. Oh wait, they haven't contributed anything but unapologetic poo poo postings that do nothing but insult the time and effort our host cpig put into this game. If they stay down this awful rabbit hole, I'd whole heartfelt agree with them being scum. Maybe put some effort in your posts and try to make the SA mafia community less lovely for all of us.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I approve of your advanced trolling but it's pretty obvious you are the scum here I am sorry you don't have enough self-awareness to see it

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ecco who are you referring too in your statement?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay should remain in the game as long as he keeps this effortposting up.

If we don't reward this we may never see it again.

I mean, merk has a point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do we still actually lunch-all-liars or what?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I say that knowing that I allowed diqnol to lie rather ferociously in Conquest.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

MG2 posted:

What do you think of the evidence I brought to the table w/r/t Ecco and merk being a scumteam

I don't get it. Is the justification here simply that they were once scum together in another game? I don't see anything else similar at this point although I agree their votes are bad, esp since imgay appears to be effort posting so far this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, I was joking with my ecco vote but it looks like MG took it seriously?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Like, I was joking with my ecco vote but it looks like MG took it seriously?

Yeah, I don't particularly like the look of that. Is MG a mafia regular?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think he might be a Magnus Gallant parachute? If so then yes he is.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, I don't particularly like the look of that. Is MG a mafia regular?

Don't like the look of what? You're speaking in generalities.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I don't think I can articulate it very well--part of it is probably just that I'm coming off of a game where we had a confirmed town the whole game and I was scum, but for me at least there was always an impulse, when somebody I reckoned to be pretty good expressed even idle suspicion, to try and stoke that with some little bit of supporting evidence. I spent a lot of time trying to make things that would otherwise confirm people as town look less bulletproof. Responding to somebody's jokevote with "Hm, I think you are right, here I will make a case on them (insofar as you can make a case this early)". That post I could look past, but trying to draw attention back to that just...eh. Gives me an uneasy feeling, I guess?

But then, if you've got actual Mafia chops, then I suppose you wouldn't do something so blatant that I could pick up on it.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't think I can articulate it very well--part of it is probably just that I'm coming off of a game where we had a confirmed town the whole game and I was scum, but for me at least there was always an impulse, when somebody I reckoned to be pretty good expressed even idle suspicion, to try and stoke that with some little bit of supporting evidence. I spent a lot of time trying to make things that would otherwise confirm people as town look less bulletproof. Responding to somebody's jokevote with "Hm, I think you are right, here I will make a case on them (insofar as you can make a case this early)". That post I could look past, but trying to draw attention back to that just...eh. Gives me an uneasy feeling, I guess?

But then, if you've got actual Mafia chops, then I suppose you wouldn't do something so blatant that I could pick up on it.

I've played many games before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've only played one game my whole life.

• Locked thread