Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

Watch in awe as a Citizen gets dogpiled for voicing a concern that he feels his $1205 should perhaps get him an expansion pack thrown in:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ansion-episodes

These people deserve each other

The level of cognitive dissonance in that thread is amazing. Nobody can agree on what they're actually getting, all they agree on is that the guy who spent thousands should pay more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I hope you guys like this

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

CIG are now selling a single player game and taking the cash for it, but there's no footage of any gameplay yet let alone a release date. This is bizarre. If Ubisoft rocked up and said they were going to take the money up front for an advance copy of the next Assassin's Creed and they weren't going to show you what it looked like they'd get loving laughed at.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

alphabettitouretti posted:

CIG are now selling a single player game and taking the cash for it, but there's no footage of any gameplay yet let alone a release date. This is bizarre. If Ubisoft rocked up and said they were going to take the money up front for an advance copy of the next Assassin's Creed and they weren't going to show you what it looked like they'd get loving laughed at.

It's worse than that.

At least with Ubisoft, I have confidence that the next rear end creed game will come out in a relatively timely manner.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

Hmm... for it to really be sold as an accident you need witnesses. Preferably the boss herself. If she sees it go down and believes it's an accident, no questions will be asked.

So you're gonna need a couple things:

One wooden A-frame ladder, 6 or 8 feet high depending on how high the ceiling in your office is

One gallon of paint similar to (or exact, if you can find it) the paint color in your office

One hacksaw

Saw off one of the legs of the ladder, then set it up somewhere in the office, resting precariously on the removed leg. Place the speakers, paint can, and paint brush on top of the ladder, preferably near some kind of stain or damaged paint if you have any of that in your office. When your boss asks where her speakers are, tell her they said something about finally painting over that drat spot. She'll go to get them, the ladder will "break" and the speakers will fall to their death. Maybe you can even angle for a mental health day - watching someone fall off a ladder and die is potentially traumatizing!

But :effort:

I can vouch for the terror of watching someone fall twenty feet, though. That was in my stagehand days. The guy didn't die, though he certainly got more luck than he deserved since it was his own drat fault.

aleksendr posted:

Any plan that involve sabotage of the speakers themselves is a no go since it will be solved by buying new speakers with company money. I would suggest a social engineering solution instead.

Find the music or artist she likes best and then find horrible trivia about how <Favorite artist> is a horrible <racist, nazi, mean to the disabled, hurt annimals, not support our troops, ect> then drop subtle hints around the topic in office conversation untill the music stop or change.

That or you can pretend ear drums damage or tinitus and carry foarm earplugs for those awfull music moments.

If only. It's always lovely saccharine show tunes, and I can't wear earplugs or headphones of my own since I have to answer the phone.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well if they got by speaker cloth, just remove it and tear it through with a key or something, then replace cloth

There's a thought. I wish they'd leave so I could go look at them/break them right row.

flyboi posted:

Just start taking the plug the speakers go into the computer and rotate it at the base where the plug and wire meet for a good 5 minutes every once in a while. Eventually the wires will short out and they'll stop working or be super spotty

Hmm. I like it.

I once wrecked a pair of earbuds when I was squatting down to clean under something, and I didn't realize I'd put my foot on the cord until it was too late and I stood back up with my foot still on the cord. The wire inside the cord disconnected completely, but it still looked normal from the outside. Perhaps I can get away with that.

dogboy posted:

Some additions to that: Put the pepper and salt into the beaten eggs, add a little milk or cream to it, too. One of the most important things to do though: after you dipped the meat in the breadcrumbs press them into the meat with all your weight. (Lean on it from both sides with your flat hands and put all your weigth on it.) Let the prepared Schnitzels rest for a few minutes and then press again from both sides. Use plenty of butter to get an even browning. (I usually use half butter half palm oil to get a more heat stable environment.)

Always serve Schnitzel with a slice of lemon.

Vienna style double crust: Beaten eggs -> wheat -> beaten eggs -> breadcrumbs -> press -> rest -> press.

This is good. We did indeed do a double crust with two of the four pieces. (Friday night was another cooking lesson; Bootcha learned about breading and breadcrumbs.) I didn't think about adding milk even though I almost always use it with eggs when doing breading, but I will remember for next time.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Apparently, Ben Lesnick did the EVA mo-cap:
https://gfycat.com/HarmfulLameDeer

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

biglads posted:

OK I know I'm a few pages late on this, but I think we need a PAAARP slider that runs from 0 to PAAARP. The slider must be non-movable and fixed to maximum (PAAARP) and clicking on it just triggers airhorn.wav

Maybe the stimpire slider should go from "normal pain" to "tripling every second?"

Also, trying to catch up on this thread - holy gently caress did CIG adjust the ToS because of Beer? :laffo:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Comm-Link is up. No mushmouth :(

quote:

THE COMM-LINK SCHEDULE

Monday, February 15th
- [1500 PST / 2300 UTC] 10 for the Developers: Episode 05 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Tuesday, February 16th
- Jump Point Rerun

Wednesday, February 17th
- Vault Update

Thursday, February 18th
- [1200 PST / 2000 UTC] Around the Verse: Episode 2.19 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Friday, February 19th
- [1100 PST / 1900 UTC] Reverse the Verse: The Community Team's Weekly Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
The latest PC Invasion article linked to another one: http://www.pcinvasion.com/chris-roberts-attempting-to-play-star-citizen-is-priceless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM
And now for some actual content: :gary: :squawk: :yarg:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Daztek posted:

So how is it at controlling space boats in space

The analog thumbstick seems like a good idea for a spaceship game but the axis tilt seems like it would just get in the way of your aim

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They are getting more lazy by the minute.

I can imagine the masses saying "No, don't spend our subscriber funds on the open development communication schedule because it takes 5 minutes from development."

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Xaerael posted:

If it goes down further, we should all chip in and buy it, strip the internals and resell them for charity, then upload a video to youtube of the super limited edition case being smashed to pieces and burned.

I'm in for this

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I doubt that we're going to be seeing him for a while. Next week will be 10 for the writers, where they'll talk about how exciting it was to watch the S42 shoot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

They're not just selling a single player game. They're soliciting donations for the delivery of a single player game. They call it a preorder but I guarantee that if you demand a refund three weeks from now they'll deny it on the same basis they've used for everyone else.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Hi guys, just doing the one thing I had to do today, which is letting you know that no progress has been made with the game. Also, I wanted to get your feedback if I have to tell you that every week, or if I can just get paid to do literally nothing. I SERVE YOU GUYS but if it's okay for me to abdicate this laughably useless responsibility, please post (or don't post) in this thread. Okay, got to get back to counting crowdfunded money now, bye!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BeefThief posted:

Hi guys, just doing the one thing I had to do today, which is letting you know that no progress has been made with the game. Also, I wanted to get your feedback if I have to tell you that every week, or if I can just get paid to do literally nothing. I SERVE YOU GUYS but if it's okay for me to abdicate this laughably useless responsibility, please post (or don't post) in this thread. Okay, got to get back to counting crowdfunded money now, bye!

Yep, just the same old poo poo every week. Hit up a diner every week? Well gently caress you, nothing has changed on the menu. Enjoy the water and order when ready. You already know everything on it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey guys apparently I sound really angry on Twitter.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well, you are an ork, aren't you?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're not just selling a single player game. They're soliciting donations for the delivery of a single player game. They call it a preorder but I guarantee that if you demand a refund three weeks from now they'll deny it on the same basis they've used for everyone else.

it really is amazing

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

quoted for truth

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

/hug ^_____^

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There's an old saying:

Red sky at night, shepherds delight, Chris Roberts making a game? Stay the gently caress away lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

peter gabriel posted:

There's an old saying:

Red sky at night, shepherds delight, Chris Roberts making a game? Stay the gently caress away lol
...Sandi wears glasses, cover your asses.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

fuzzknot posted:

But :effort:

I can vouch for the terror of watching someone fall twenty feet, though. That was in my stagehand days. The guy didn't die, though he certainly got more luck than he deserved since it was his own drat fault.

If only. It's always lovely saccharine show tunes, and I can't wear earplugs or headphones of my own since I have to answer the phone.

There's a thought. I wish they'd leave so I could go look at them/break them right row.

Hmm. I like it.

I once wrecked a pair of earbuds when I was squatting down to clean under something, and I didn't realize I'd put my foot on the cord until it was too late and I stood back up with my foot still on the cord. The wire inside the cord disconnected completely, but it still looked normal from the outside. Perhaps I can get away with that.

This is good. We did indeed do a double crust with two of the four pieces. (Friday night was another cooking lesson; Bootcha learned about breading and breadcrumbs.) I didn't think about adding milk even though I almost always use it with eggs when doing breading, but I will remember for next time.
Of you have to answer the phone two your boss that some customers have been complaining its hard to hear you over the music and ask them to use headphones. Or people in the office chip in to but them a pair of 7.0 wireless headphones or something

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Pgabz will make it right

holy poo poo

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Thanks to Yolomon Wayne for the suggestion.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Seriously guys... calm down CIG doesn't owe you anything."

They owe me three loving games you dumb gently caress.

lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

real good stuff to wake up to in The Thread this morning

just great reading from top to bottom

:eonwe:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lol he thinks SQ42 will have 70 missions

Misson 1 - Get out of bed
Misson 2 - Open bedroom door

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

*crash*

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I hope you guys like this

The fire should last a bit longer.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

Needs a middle finger.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Needs a middle finger.

One of the few Sitmpire approved appendages.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Bootcha posted:

Needs a middle finger.

And add those stupid Willy Wonka glasses too.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Some people say a man is made outta mud
Citizens’ made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a bank that's strong

You buy eight JPEGs, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Derek don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my mouse and I clicked credit-line
I loaded eight jpegs and the Completionist Set
But Sandy and Chris said “Our bills aren’t met.”

You buy eight JPEGs, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Derek don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

16 ton whales by Parpenesee Parpford. Great song.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Of you have to answer the phone two your boss that some customers have been complaining its hard to hear you over the music and ask them to use headphones. Or people in the office chip in to but them a pair of 7.0 wireless headphones or something

Ah, yes. This is good. I like the "Customers are complaining; turn it off" idea. But I don't want to get her headphones since she tends to sing along, and at least with the music, I can't hear her so well. No. There can be no music. I think I'll look at it after they leave for the day.

Thought: I better start using my own computer speakers or hide them so she doesn't try to take mine over when I finally break hers.

Galarox posted:

:stonk: My God.

It's BEAUTIFUL. :stwoon:

MeLKoR posted:

Mission 3 - Drop through bottom of floor
Mission 4 - Float outside of ship
Mission 5 - Float back toward ship
Mission 6 - Miss doorway
Mission 7 - Glitch out at 1000 rpm
Mission 8 - Crash to desktop
Mission 9 - Buy ugly goddam flowers for self

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Needs a middle finger.

Gah! ok give me a minute I will see what I can do

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Needs a middle finger.

Agreed. Fix it.

Only after it is perfect can everyone take the perfect thing and tinker with it and run it utterly into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lol he thinks SQ42 will have 70 missions

They could give it one repeatable Collect 10 Bear Asses mission and say it has "virtually unlimited replayability"

• Locked thread