Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

What does the breaking sky / rend heaven skill do?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cake Attack posted:

it fucks poo poo up

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cake Attack posted:

Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the enemy’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
^^^^^I think that's the one where you add the enemy's str or whatever to your attack, not sure

Endorph posted:

he's talking about her *HP growth as a chieftain, which is 30%

you can just make her a blacksmith tho, it has better growths for her role

Well yeah that's the million dollar question for Rinkah's promotion: do you want her to have less HP or less Strength

A 5% drop isn't that major but Rinkah of all characters could do without it

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 16, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
It adds half the enemy’s Strength or Magic to damage @ Skillx1.5%

needless to say this quickly gets ridiculous

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The American one is better.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Junpei Hyde posted:

The American one is better.

I would agree if they had created it on their own, instead of pulling it from knowyourmeme

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That kinda sounds like ignis but weaker. I guess if that's the op skill proc skills have been nerfed a fair bit?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

That kinda sounds like ignis but weaker. I guess if that's the op skill proc skills have been nerfed a fair bit?

The game isn't as horribly broken and boring as Awakening, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

'but weaker' doesn't really matter when it usually kills anyway, and skill 1.5x is higher than skill%

but yes, proc skills aren't the end-all be-all.

Exaccus
Jan 2, 2015

"Hmph. Not much of a selection, is there?"
-flashbacks to Radiant Dawn mastery skills-

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I like Mozu more than Donnel because she acts and feels like a weak village girl as oppose to Donnel's class where he's basically a reskin of the soldier class.

Then you promote Mozu into a weapon master and she does backflips and poo poo. Really feels good when you train a weak unit unto an unstoppable force.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh yeah ignis was only skill, not skill 1.5. Still, when I heard people talking about how strong it was I wasn't expecting what amounts to a modestly powerful proc skill. Definitely not a complaint if that's where the balance ended up though

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

Use it against a Berserker or something. Have fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dwyer (Jakob's kid) seems terrible, at least from looking at his personal skill.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Dwyer (Jakob's kid) seems terrible, at least from looking at his personal skill.
plenty of good charcaters have pretty eh personal skills

they're definitely something that can help a character's usefulness but they aren't the end-all be-all of it

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I haven't really been paying attention as obsessively to this game pre-launch as I did with Awakening. Does the Hoshido skill from White Blood apply to skills with really low activation rates like Lethality?

Because if so, that seems... good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

going from 5% to 15% is a boost but it still doesn't make it consistent or reliable.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Grozz Nuy posted:

I haven't really been paying attention as obsessively to this game pre-launch as I did with Awakening. Does the Hoshido skill from White Blood apply to skills with really low activation rates like Lethality?

Because if so, that seems... good

Yes, it applies to Lethality.

No, that doesn't really mean it's that good.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Tae posted:

It's hard to judge the children because of scaling, potential parents, and all that crap. I wouldn't say a skill geared toward online battle is necessarily that terrible with that in mind, considering what you're most likely to be using the children for.

But I might just be partial to him because he's Jakob's son, which means more supports of him being a crazy rear end in a top hat

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Can you take personal skills off or are they locked in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Can you take personal skills off or are they locked in.
they are locked in and unremovable, but units still have 5 skill slots and the only unit with any real downside to their personal skill is arthur, everyone else's is a net benefit

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

He was the reason I asked. :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Last page but the Japanese character for sky and heaven is the same so if you want to :goonsay: they didn't really add a religious reference or even outright change the name. It's cool.

Wait hahaha Sky Render. Using the skill should rename Corrin to "Camui". :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You can change non-personal skills right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

yes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nihilarian posted:

Skill system is identical to Awakening with 3 differences.

Everyone has a personal skill you can't change out.

When you class change to a new class you automatically learn their previous/unpromoted skills when you level as long as you're above the level you would have learned them. Ie. Change from Hero to Great Knight at level 7 promoted. Level 8 you learn cav skill 1, level 9 you learn cav skill 2, level 10 you learn Luna etc.

Streetpass lets you buy skills the character has learned from other people's versions of them. If someone else has a Kamui who learned Sol you can pay X to have your Kamui learn Sol instead of going through the Hero class. Has to be the same character so its still limited to whatever skills the character could theoretically get.

Also skill scrolls exist for a number of good and unique skills instead of just Limit Breaker/All stats+2/Paragon. Things like letting you use all Bows at 1-2 range.

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 16, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I haven't played awakening, but thanks! I hadn't heard anything about Streetpass letting you buy skills, that should make things a bit easier.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nihilarian posted:

I haven't played awakening, but thanks! I hadn't heard anything about Streetpass letting you buy skills, that should make things a bit easier.

Ah well, in short you get 5 customizable skill slots. Unpromoted classes get skills at levels 1 and 10, promoted at 5 and 15. You can change skills at any time outside of battle and children inherit the skill you have in the fifth slot from both parents when you recruit then.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

memes are good

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Real split over going insane versus hard on birthright, guys

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Real split over going insane or hard on birthright, guys

Lunatic Birthright was pretty tepid till the floodgates opened around CH23, I'd stick with that and just turn the difficulty down if you feel like you can't hang. You can turn the difficulty down at any time once you're past the prologue chapters. But not up, only down.

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 16, 2016

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How does turning down the difficulty work with Lunatic's anti-scumming?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

One thing that really confuses me about this whole localization outrage is, was there this much complaining when Awakening came out? Why are they suddenly shocked about memes when the last game had a character that was localized to be the Heavy from Team Fortress?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Because it's important to complain about something.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

Real split over going insane versus hard on birthright, guys

play on hard. when you have the itch to play again then you can go with lunatic as a wiser, more experienced commander

Kay Kessler posted:

One thing that really confuses me about this whole localization outrage is, was there this much complaining when Awakening came out? Why are they suddenly shocked about memes when the last game had a character that was localized to be the Heavy from Team Fortress?

the game looks so good there's nothing else to complain about

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761355#post455688295

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Looper posted:

play on hard. when you have the itch to play again then you can go with lunatic as a wiser, more experienced commander

the game looks so good there's nothing else to complain about

Well, we could complain about the incredibly stupid design decisions made with character's starting levels in Revelations, but there's only so much to say about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People are dumb as poo poo about memes in localization, even when it can be unequivocally proven that an equivalent Japanese meme was in the original script.

e: The poo poo they're complaining about now isn't even a meme, it just isn't 1:1 like the awful fantranslation they're touting.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 16, 2016

• Locked thread