Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say "Wow that theme song is crazy long for a CN cartoon" but then

I had no idea there was an extended version of this song.

Also the girls having green lantern powers bothers me. BACK IN MY DAY having knockoff Superman powers was enough to mix superhero shenanigans with jokes! Also we walked to school through snow uphill both ways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I hope that bringing back PPG means they're gonna get more musicians to do songs about the show, because that was one of my favorite things about the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYZcIC6bqU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Gumball special on tonight was a lot of fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sleeveless posted:

I hope that bringing back PPG means they're gonna get more musicians to do songs about the show, because that was one of my favorite things about the original.

Seeing Moko Ono reminded me of the Beatles parody episode they did. I didn't get that episode at all when I was a kid because I hadn't been exposed to a lot of the Beatles, so it was just the weirdest thing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Of course, the best song to emerge from the Powerpuff Girls is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQRbzoAd7U

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Seeing Moko Ono reminded me of the Beatles parody episode they did. I didn't get that episode at all when I was a kid because I hadn't been exposed to a lot of the Beatles, so it was just the weirdest thing.

It was funny how they went for a bunch of obvious jokes but then also added in some obscure stuff like the "Silver Beat-Alls" part.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Also the girls having green lantern powers bothers me. BACK IN MY DAY having knockoff Superman powers was enough to mix superhero shenanigans with jokes! Also we walked to school through snow uphill both ways!
IMO having the ability to create spectral poo poo means all sorts of new ideas for sight gags so I'm on board

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also they always have the girls whatever power they needed to make the plot work so this isn't really all that new.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Also they always have the girls whatever power they needed to make the plot work so this isn't really all that new.

Listen, Bubbles could already talk to squirrels, adding constructs makes her too OP pls nerf.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm not yet sure what to think of Miraculous, but I'm still watching it so far. Some points:
* The dialog is pretty bad, but I'm guessing the english dub is at fault on that one.
* I really don't like the design of those fairies that power Ladybug and Cat Noir. It's like a chinese bootleg of a Digimon.
* Man, the identity of the big bad is really obvious.
* Lastly, Ladybug's superpower REALLY reminds me of that Action Man CGI show from the 90s: https://youtu.be/J0g8SsFLCfg?t=1115

Yeah, the dialogue is entirely the english dub. I highly recommend the french version; you can easily find it online (they even have an pseudo-official sub group, though because of that you have to provide your own copies of the episodes to sub).

Sleeveless posted:

My favorite was always the Signal in the Sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNW7FJwWq9M

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
How does Greg Weisman dot it? http://geektyrant.com/news/netflix-currently-reviewing-young-justice-stats-for-potential-season-3

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Oh god, if this works his head will swell to the size of Galactus.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I'll admit I'd be a lot more excited for Gargoyles getting revived but that's still potentially good news

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I'll believe it when I hear it from someone who doesn't have a nice fat paycheck riding on their ability to convince everybody that it's totally a thing that could happen.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Senerio posted:

Yeah, the dialogue is entirely the english dub. I highly recommend the french version; you can easily find it online (they even have an pseudo-official sub group, though because of that you have to provide your own copies of the episodes to sub).

Also French is one of those languages that's delightful to listen to even when the actual conversation is totally inane.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Oxxidation posted:

Also French is one of those languages that's delightful to listen to even when the actual conversation is totally inane.

Omelette du Fromage.

edit: What is Miraculous Ladybug anyway? Is it a superhero thing, a magical girl thing, or a silly comedy?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

From the footage I've seen, yes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

I'm whelmed.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

No.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

They all talk like they've got a mouthful of bubbly soap, it's great.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

They all talk like they've got a mouthful of bubbly soap, it's great.

More like people trying to scrap snail mucous off their tongues without actually touching their teeth. It's the one accent, to date, that I actively dislike.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mycot posted:

Omelette du Fromage.

edit: What is Miraculous Ladybug anyway? Is it a superhero thing, a magical girl thing, or a silly comedy?

Yes.

My elevator pitch on the show is that imagine Sailor Moon is also Spider-man and Tuxedo Mask fused with Black Cat, but the Avengers Scouts aren't around the city so those two gotta beat up the monsters of the week.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh god, if this works his head will swell to the size of Galactus.

lol if you think it's not already there. I mean he was probably already sure some network would pick it up and get another season made before somebody even suggested Netflix as a means.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

xcheopis posted:

More like people trying to scrap snail mucous off their tongues without actually touching their teeth. It's the one accent, to date, that I actively dislike.
Which accent? The one french people have when they speak english?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
As someone who had to learn French for 7 years from middle- to high-school and had to repeat a class because of it, I can safely say French is garbage.

Also I really hope that if Season 3 of YJ happens they'll have a reference to how great Teen Titans Go is. That and that its ratings will dwarf compared to TTG. MrEnter would have a meltdown.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mycot posted:

It's all of them. Basically, take Spider-Man and Sailor Moon and put them in a blender. It's a fun watch.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm pretty stoked on the possibility of Young Justice getting renewed as I've been re-watching it on Netflix recently. I really can't get enough animated DC stuff, and that series is pretty cool. The show makes use of a lot of lesser-used superheroes, and that really sets it apart from a lot of other DC properties.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I find it funny how people criticize DC's new movies for being too dour and dark, but in the same breath lap up the possibility of new Young Justice, which was the original Teen Titans without any of all that pesky fun.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't hate the idea of Young Justice coming back, but I really want Greg Weisman's soul to be crushed.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
To be honest I'd much rather see more of Green Lantern TAS, mediocre CG and all.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Since the only super-hero cartoon I've ever watched is DangerMouse, the idea of people having actual meltdowns over them is hilarious.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I want a series out of those Shanghai Batman shorts.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Has anyone seen the french mini series Les Grande Grande Vacances? I have yet to find any videos of it with english subtitles, but what I've seen doesn't seem too bad. The animation is a bit simple, but still has some nice art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsvC0pHic8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akx8fqGc5xc

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

xcheopis posted:

Since the only super-hero cartoon I've ever watched is DangerMouse, the idea of people having actual meltdowns over them is hilarious.

Well, there is a new series out...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Doctor Soup posted:

To be honest I'd much rather see more of Green Lantern TAS, mediocre CG and all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wouldn't mind more of the Green Lantern cgi series.

Wouldn't mind more John Stewart ether if we're in the business of wishing on unicorn tears.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Gaunab posted:

I want a series out of those Shanghai Batman shorts.

Chinese Catwoman is my all. I don't even care if most episodes lack in the fighting department, just do it.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Well, there is a new series out...

Huh! I'll have to check it out.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Man, I didn't care about Young Justice, the bad CG Batman cartoon, or even TTGO. But the number one thing lost from DC Nation going defunct was all the various shorts they put out. Hell, I bet they could have lasted another couple of years if they greenlit full series based on:

-Video Game Amythest, Princess of Gem World
-Weird Al funny Animal Man
-Batman of Shanghai
-Franco and Art Balatzar Super Pets
-Aardman's 'Creature Comforts but with kids as Superheroes' thing.
-Tom Kenny Plastic Man
-Lauren Faust's Super Best Friends Forever
-The Tales of Metropolis shorts
-The Cool-as-poo poo 70's-as-gently caress Wonder Woman

...And others I never got around to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Man, I didn't care about Young Justice, the bad CG Batman cartoon, or even TTGO. But the number one thing lost from DC Nation going defunct was all the various shorts they put out. Hell, I bet they could have lasted another couple of years if they greenlit full series based on:

-Video Game Amythest, Princess of Gem World
-Lauren Faust's Super Best Friends Forever
Amethyst had a conclusion, unfortunately. It was a really awesome show, but just shy of riding the Steven Universe/Puppycat/Star Vs. The Forces of Evil wave of animation.

SBFF should have been made into something bigger, that much is true. The ALL DIFFERENT, ALL GIRLY DC comics line that just started is eye-gougingly bad.