Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
This is the thread where we admit we secretly love The Shadow, right?

Like it's terrible movie, but I will watch the poo poo out of it any chance I get. I could watch that taxi driver happily crash into a gas station on a loop and never get tired of it.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I had no idea so many people thought The Shadow was a bad movie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Shadow is very much a good bad movie. There's a lot to make fun of but it's got enough redeeming where you'll have fun with it.

Also

Ror posted:

Yep. I went with my Dad and I could feel the "what are WE watching?" emanating from him in the seat next to me. I had probably been talking it up for weeks in advance like a dumb nerd too.

Sup fellow person who watched this in theater with his dad. I think that may have hurt our relationship more than me coming out...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Slantedfloors posted:

This is the thread where we admit we secretly love The Shadow, right?

:hfive:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen D&D

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
From Son of the Mask:

"Who produced this, The Joker? It was like a viking funeral for money." :laugh:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The term "viking funeral for money" has become part of my daily vocabulary :D

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Mask Sperm revelation from that episode is easily the best moment in WHM history.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Crowetron posted:

The Mask Sperm revelation from that episode is easily the best moment in WHM history.

Complete with old-timey "please stand by" musical cue while they stop the show to go watch it! :allears:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

sean10mm posted:

Complete with old-timey "please stand by" musical cue while they stop the show to go watch it! :allears:

You can hear the shellshock in their voices when they return.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love the haunted tone of Andrew's "Ladies and gentlemen..."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Squallege posted:

I've never seen D&D

You're missing out man. Jeremy Irons gets paid to conduct an experiment in set chewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I'm watching C.H.U.D. for the first time along with the Chudmentary, and these guys really are the best. I'd love for them to do more commentary tracks if they are all as good as this first one. They are so disgusted by Daniel Stern and his horrible sweat stains :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its too bad they don't do full length shows. I would love to see their reaction to the Batman episode Nora Clavicle and the Ladies' Crime Club

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gyges posted:

You're missing out man. Jeremy Irons gets paid to conduct an experiment in set chewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs

The funny thing is that in the OTHER lovely sword and sorcery flick he appeared in, Eragon, he was very clearly the only actor who gave a poo poo and was trying to turn in a good performance.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shirec posted:

I'm watching C.H.U.D. for the first time along with the Chudmentary, and these guys really are the best. I'd love for them to do more commentary tracks if they are all as good as this first one. They are so disgusted by Daniel Stern and his horrible sweat stains :allears:

i watched the sithmantary and that was the only way i could get through sith. I remember loving when i was younger, but watching it now, its almost unwatchable. thats not just from a jaded star wars fan perspective. its a legit bad movie.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh man, if you're a fan of bad Keanu Reeves impressions, there's an embarrassment of riches in this week's episode!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

My god. It doesn't stop. And it's great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DoombatINC posted:

Oh man, if you're a fan of bad Keanu Reeves impressions, there's an embarrassment of riches in this week's episode!
More Mr. Anderson jokes! The podcast gods have answered my prayers :allears:

e: Chekhov's cock, holy poo poo :lol:

e2: Jesus Christ, this Bryan part is going to make me pee on myself. They don't stop!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 16, 2016

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Firstborn posted:

I love how his nose grows when he becomes The Shadow, and the opening where he has long coke fingers and a bed full of ladies and a dagger with a face bitches at him. Also Tim Curry gets to do his snorting, derisive guffaws about double crossing someone. I love when he does that.

That sounds incredible. I can't wait.

Hockles posted:

My god. It doesn't stop. And it's great.

As someone who was probably THE ONLY person championing The Watcher being on WHM (it's my favourite bad movie of all time), I was incredibly loving happy with this episode. The bit where they're talking about "LEE HARVEY OSMOND" and "ADOLF TIT-LER" had me doing that uncontrollable near-silent sob laughter that causes people to come into the room and ask why you're crying.
Now, I'm pretty much the only person who finds The Watcher hilarious, but I would absolutely tell you to see it if you haven't already. It's got insanely horrible camerawork and visual effects (fast-mo! Slow-mo! Shaky cam! Things turning negative! Everything looking like the Smack My Bitch Up video! Keanu's cheap camcorder eyes!), Keanu's dancing is probably the worst dancing I've ever seen (and they film his dancing in pseudo ripoff bullet time!) and the Keanu/Spader homoeroticism is incredible/so awkward. I still don't know whether it was intentional or not - but if it wasn't intentional, Joe Charbanic is one hell of a naive dude.

I still maintain that the only way this movie makes sense is if it ended with Spader's character waking up in bed with his boyfriend Keanu, and going "I just had a really weird dream where you were a serial killer who was obsessed with me!"

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
The Shadow is The poo poo.

"The sun is shining..."

"But the ice....IS SLIPPERY!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

More Mr. Anderson jokes! The podcast gods have answered my prayers :allears:

e: Chekhov's cock, holy poo poo :lol:

e2: Jesus Christ, this Bryan part is going to make me pee on myself. They don't stop!

Does James Spader live like a hamster?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Watcher is such a strange movie to me. It's a movie about a serial killer being hunted by an FBI agent, starring Keanu Reeves and James Spader. And James Spader doesn't play the serial killer?! What the gently caress?

When I heard about the movie, I just assumed the roles were reversed. James Spader is one of the creepiest motherfuckers ever. Swing and a miss on casting, there.

I haven't listened to the episode yet, apologies if they bring this up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I actually did almost have a car accident during the Chekov's cock bit.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love how the keanu impressions still sound a little southern because of Devil's Advocate

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Between Chekhov's Cock and Keanu's assistant mail opener Brian I could barely breathe during this episode, good lord

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I'm just glad to know I wasn't the only one who has obsessed over the weird reading of "CAAANS! THEY'RE JUST CAAAANS!" since 1994

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It was an understated line but [keanu surfer voice] "Do you want to play a game?" cracked me up.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
My favorite part was when they went through Keanu doing all the Nolan Batman characters.

I never thought Cabin took anything away from the show but man, the silliness has just reached new heights now that it's the same three guys every week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been listening to the oldest episodes that I skipped before, and holy poo poo some of them are just as good as the newer ones. In particular, The Wrong Guys, The Net and Deep Impact are loving hilarious.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Yeah, I feel like WHM hit their stride really early after the first few episodes.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

I never thought Cabin took anything away from the show but man, the silliness has just reached new heights now that it's the same three guys every week.
Yeah. Zoo is good though. Just in a really eerie way.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So do you guys think Brian and Jeremy were roommates at some point?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So is Olympus Has Fallen the white house takeover movie people like, or the one they don't like?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So is Olympus Has Fallen the white house takeover movie people like, or the one they don't like?
More people prefer White House Down, but I think Olympus Has Fallen was the better of the 2. I expected nothing out of it and what I got was a surprisingly enjoyable Die Hard clone set in the White House.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yes.

Real answer, I genuinely cannot remember which is which.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Olympus Has Fallen is the one without Jamie Foxx and with GERARDH BUTLERH instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's the one with a sequel coming out this year.