Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Burden posted:

Try resetting your APN. If that doesn't work call tech support.

Worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Uthor posted:

My phone hasn't been able to send or receive MMS for at least a week now (Android 6, Moto X 2014, Google Messenger app, T-Mobile Nerd Plan). How to can I check if it's T-Mobile or my phone?

I get a message saying "New MMS message to download. Touch to download." Tapping on it it says "downloading", but never comes through. When sending, it tries to send, retries a few times, and fails. Super annoying in that I can't send regular SMS while it's doing this.

EDIT: just tried using Hangouts to send and it's going the same thing, so I don't think it's the app, at least.

I have the exact same issue on my nexus 6. Resetting the APN did nothing. Guess it's time to call tech support...

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

FlyingCheese posted:

I have the exact same issue on my nexus 6. Resetting the APN did nothing. Guess it's time to call tech support...

Did you reboot your phone after resetting the APN? It didn't work for me at first, but did after a reboot.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

Uthor posted:

Did you reboot your phone after resetting the APN? It didn't work for me at first, but did after a reboot.

I did. Still broken.

Also, anyone else having trouble with WiFi calling? It worked for about a week before throwing up a ton of errors about enabling it on the carriers side. Now it doesn't even do that, it just sits there as if the setting is off. I did try resetting the 911 address as that was mentioned on the T-Mobile website.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

My APN settings seem to have been borked. After following their instructions all is well. How does this even happen? I didn't change anything and I'm not running some custom rom or anything.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
god drat T-Mobile where's my LG G4 Marshmallow update :mad:

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...

Daily Forecast posted:

god drat T-Mobile where's my LG G4 Marshmallow update :mad:

Same place as my Galaxy S6 Marshmallow update? :mad:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Uthor posted:

My phone hasn't been able to send or receive MMS for at least a week now (Android 6, Moto X 2014, Google Messenger app, T-Mobile Nerd Plan). How to can I check if it's T-Mobile or my phone?

I get a message saying "New MMS message to download. Touch to download." Tapping on it it says "downloading", but never comes through. When sending, it tries to send, retries a few times, and fails. Super annoying in that I can't send regular SMS while it's doing this.

EDIT: just tried using Hangouts to send and it's going the same thing, so I don't think it's the app, at least.

Do you have Wifi Calling enabled?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

Do you have Wifi Calling enabled?

Don't have WiFi calling. I'm using a carrier-free phone.

Also, I fixed it. See up above.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
I'm switching my family to Tmobile simple choice, and I convinced my mother to replace her 15 year old flip phone. I've read Walmart Family Phones work out of the box on Tmo post paid, can anyone confirm that this is true? The budget phones I was looking at are ~$50 cheaper there.

Update: a tmo rep on /r/tmobile confirmed they work out of box.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 26, 2016

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
http://www.tmonews.com/2016/01/t-mobile-adds-four-more-services-to-free-binge-on-streaming/

Amazon Video, Fox News, Univision NOW, and WWE Network officially join Binge On.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

the auschwitz diet posted:

I'm switching my family to Tmobile simple choice, and I convinced my mother to replace her 15 year old flip phone. I've read Walmart Family Phones work out of the box on Tmo post paid, can anyone confirm that this is true? The budget phones I was looking at are ~$50 cheaper there.

Update: a tmo rep on /r/tmobile confirmed they work out of box.

You might need a new SIM. I bought my dad a Brightspot phone (similar to what you're doing but with Target) and he had some connectivity issues until he switched SIM's.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

Don't have WiFi calling. I'm using a carrier-free phone.

Also, I fixed it. See up above.

I lied, not fixed. Every few days I get a new MMS from my sister with the message that it can't download. Usually a reset of my phone and/or APN settings gets it to work again, but it's very annoying.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
I've been on TMO for a little under 2 years now. I'm wanting to upgrade my iPhone from a 5s to a 6s (64gb because 16gb is lame), but wondering what the best way to do that is if I'm not going to pay it completely up front.

I'm just about finished with my EIP for the 5s, should I just start a new one for a 6s? Looks like this would cost $100 + 27/month, but i'd probably still end up buying AppleCare+ too.

Or would going with Apple's installment plan that includes applecare+ be worth it for $37 a month? It'd certainly make upgrading yearly far easier.

It doesn't look like there's a Jump! On Demand super deal any more. Anyone know how to school me on this?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
If I want suggestions on what used phone to buy, would that be better here or the Suggest Products thread in PYF? My S4 has begun doing the No SIM Reboot every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and I'm prepared to invest in not-an-S4 for the T-Mobile network.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

If you're looking for high-end, Samsung G6, LG G4, or Nexus 6P. However, new Samsung and LG phones are coming in a few weeks, so I'd wait.
http://www.tested.com/tech/android/562462-best-android-smartphones-your-network/

Lower end, Moto G (or Moto X on sale), Nexus 5X, there are tons of cheap Chinese phones, older Galaxy's on sale, etc.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Plastik posted:

If I want suggestions on what used phone to buy, would that be better here or the Suggest Products thread in PYF? My S4 has begun doing the No SIM Reboot every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and I'm prepared to invest in not-an-S4 for the T-Mobile network.

hey there no SIM card detected buddy, I've been looking at the Nexus 6 or 6p but haven't jumped yet. I was hoping to find out what was causing the issue and just fixing it and keeping this phone, but I guess it's a hardware issue?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Is there a way to see how much data usage is getting bypassed by binge on / music freedom / etc?

To get a real usage number, that is.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

ilkhan posted:

Is there a way to see how much data usage is getting bypassed by binge on / music freedom / etc?

To get a real usage number, that is.

You can look on your t-mobile account and then compare that against what your phone reports.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

real dilemma posted:

hey there no SIM card detected buddy, I've been looking at the Nexus 6 or 6p but haven't jumped yet. I was hoping to find out what was causing the issue and just fixing it and keeping this phone, but I guess it's a hardware issue?

It's a hardware issue, yeah. I haven't seen anyone post an actual breakdown of the problem but I have seen several people report that they haven't seen an S4 that didn't do the No Sim Reboot since <arbitrary date>. It definitely happens on every model number of S4 and it definitely happens to everyone I know who has an S4, regardless of carrier.

I'm looking at the Nexus 5X myself, at Uthor's recommendation. $250 used is a little more than I was intending to spend, but it'll handle everything I can throw at it without any problems.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nimper posted:

You can look on your t-mobile account and then compare that against what your phone reports.
I was hoping for something easier than that. Phone says 2.5GB just on Google Play Music, so switching to a 3GB verizon plan probably not the best idea anyway.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

So the Galaxy S7 preorder page went live but I don't see how I would just buy it at full retail price without changing my plan. Is that something I'm going to have to wait for in-store availability to do?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
The part of the site that checks your credit rating and plan information before letting you have the monthly payment plan is occasionally broken like that, from what I can tell. It was going to make me pay full price for my dad's top-spec iphone 6s+ last year, then I waited a few days and it went back to normal.

My dilemma is that my Jump! isn't up until March 26. :( Hopefully this doesn't dick me out of the free year of Netflix, but I think I'm boned on the free extra GearVR.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 23, 2016

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

broken clock opsec posted:

The part of the site that checks your credit rating and plan information before letting you have the monthly payment plan is occasionally broken like that, from what I can tell. It was going to make me pay full price for my dad's top-spec iphone 6s+ last year, then I waited a few days and it went back to normal.

My dilemma is that my Jump! isn't up until March 26. :( Hopefully this doesn't dick me out of the free year of Netflix, but I think I'm boned on the free extra GearVR.

I think I figured it out, at least partially - I have to log in, then click on the "32GB" button under the picture of the phone - then an "Upgrade" button appears.

The free Gear VR offer says valid until March 18. Good luck :(

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Is the new TMo iOS app cool? I've had it for over a week, but it says "Sorry, we're not ready for your account type" on the $30 plan.

Pretty new icon, at least.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Rumor is T-Mobile is going to do a buy one, get one free (with activation of new line) on the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge starting on March 11.

http://www.tmonews.com/2016/03/t-mobile-planning-samsung-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-buy-one-get-one-free-deal/

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Does that mean you can't get Jump on the devices, and if I use jump 1.0 I'm ineligible?

I was under the impression that jod is lease, and jump 1.0 was eip but I could just be an idiot.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Sounds like one of them can be your Jump 1.0 upgrade, but you have to activate a new line for the free phone, and the new line can be under Jump 2.0 at your discretion.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Youtube has now been added to Binge On. They also tweaked the program so that video providers who don't want to limit the quality of their streams can fully opt-out (so even if the user has Binge On active their connection to that provider won't be throttled).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I actually like the throttling because my kid doesn't need to see Disney Jr in crisp HD on a car ride.

This is great news though!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

So, Android now has YT Music, which lets you listen to YouTube videos (with the video component disabled).

Is this included in the unlimited video, or audio? Or neither, as it's new?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
T Mobile giving out MLB.tv premium to their customers this year in addition to the usual free At Bat app subscription.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Qu Appelle posted:

So, Android now has YT Music, which lets you listen to YouTube videos (with the video component disabled).

I'm 90% sure it's included, but you may want to run a test just to be sure (check your T-Mobile data usage, stream for a few hours on cellular, and then check again).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

nickutz posted:

T Mobile giving out MLB.tv premium to their customers this year in addition to the usual free At Bat app subscription.

Son of a... If just went in as part of a group sub on SA

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Qu Appelle posted:

Pretty sure Tmobile just added YouTube to BingeOn, so it should be included.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Just a heads up, if you see a cheaper promo price for your plan online or in a T-mobile Ad, call and ask if they will honor that price for your plan. I was paying $140/month for two lines of unlimited everything. Saw that it was $120/month for new customers online but it wouldn't let me switch. Two minutes on the phone and the rep had me switched to the lower price. Pretty happy with $60/month considering the amount of data hat I've been using.

Also, that MLB promo is awesome considering I'd probably throw down for the subscription later in the season.

Point of post: T-Mobile seems to know how to keep their customers happy ;)

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

Astro7x posted:

Son of a... If just went in as part of a group sub on SA

Yeah my roommate already bought it for the year, oh well! Shouldn't use AT&T!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Free MLB TV is loving awesome thanks TMo!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

how do I use free baseball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/mlb-2016.htm

quote:

T-Mobile Simple Choice customers on qualifying plans can sign up during Opening Week, April 3-10, to get a full, free year’s subscription to MLB.TV Premium