Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

On this point you are mistaken in both me being scum and posting coherently. I was a death miller in that game(which has already flipped correctly) and I poo poo posted constantly in that game to the point where I had multiple posts of me just going "bark bark" as if I was a dog.

welp

##vote quandary round 2 fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly voting imgay based on his posting on Day 1 is a bad idea. He always decides on a different style of shitposting for each game, and this game apparently his choice of shitposting is... not shitposting at all? You need to wait for more information to see how he interacts with people before making an alignment call.

Voting for imgay is also a very easy way to seem like you're scumhunting for voting the guy doing the weird posts.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Murmur Twin posted:

Bad or scummy?

Scummy.

Max posted:

Specifically, why say you would vote someone when there is less than a day left? Just vote.

It wasn't some heinous thing dude, it was me saying I would vote Murmur Twin. In fact, I will!

##vote murmurtwin

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

It wasn't some heinous thing dude, it was me saying I would vote Murmur Twin. In fact, I will!

##vote murmurtwin

this is a bad post too

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

Honestly voting imgay based on his posting on Day 1 is a bad idea. He always decides on a different style of shitposting for each game, and this game apparently his choice of shitposting is... not shitposting at all? You need to wait for more information to see how he interacts with people before making an alignment call.

Voting for imgay is also a very easy way to seem like you're scumhunting for voting the guy doing the weird posts.

I agree with this.

BottleKnight posted:

Scummy.

##vote murmurtwin

You understand that, looking at your post, you only stated you would vote MMT. You had no current vote down and had only provided commentary on innocuous things. That post, from the outside looking in, seems like someone testing the waters on someone to see if there is any traction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

this is a bad post too

Look into your heart, you know it to be true.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm going to put my vote on merk today. ##vote merk with my reasoning being thus:

He has only been shitposting, and from I know about merk, when he puts little effort into a game, he is usually scum.

Second would be what mmt has pointed out, a wierdly worded statement that sounds like a shifty scum claim.

Finally my reason for voting merk is thus,

merk posted:

I am ashamed every day, but not about this.

He is purposely non-participating, which is just terrible. I would be willing to also switch to Jose though since he hasn't posted squat since the game began. Not participating is worse than shitposting, but I earnestly hope scum kills the people not even playing first in order to make this an active and fun game of mafia.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (3): The Lord of Hats, Murmur Twin, imgay
Quandary (2): Max, Max, merk, EccoRaven
MG2 (2): MG2, Flying Leatherman
The Lord of Hats (2): SirSamVimes, Quandary
imgay (1): Jose Valasquez, EccoRaven, merk, merk, EccoRaven
BottleKnight (1): Max
Max (1): Quandary, TMMadman, Quandary
Murmur Twin (1): BottleKnight
EccoRaven (0): Max, Max
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 16th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 41 minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
this push on merk is bad and not good.

I could vote for BK but if day 1 is a "cut the chaff" day then

##vote mg

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

this push on merk is bad and not good.

I could vote for BK but if day 1 is a "cut the chaff" day then

##vote mg

Wow how am I chaff?

Also are you going to claim confirmed town masons with merk today?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
your "case" on me and merk is bad.

you refuse to explain it when prompted.

you continue to bring it up as if you're being serious.

chaff.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

your "case" on me and merk is bad.

you refuse to explain it when prompted.

you continue to bring it up as if you're being serious.

chaff.

I never refused to explain it when prompted.

Where did I continue to bring it up?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MG2 posted:

I never refused to explain it when prompted.

Where did I continue to bring it up?

when flying leatherman asked you for clarification you dodged it:

MG2 posted:

Haha whoops double post

you have brought it up frequently:

MG2 posted:

Also are you going to claim confirmed town masons with merk today?

MG2 posted:

What do you think of the evidence I brought to the table w/r/t Ecco and merk being a scumteam

chaff.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

when flying leatherman asked you for clarification you dodged it:

you have brought it up frequently:

chaff.

I didn't dodge it with the double post. And those other two 1 was asking Imgay about my metacase the other I was being tongue in cheek.

My "case" on you is not real. It was a tool to make reads on other players.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made a reasoned vote on Quandary. It is not a poo poo post.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

merk posted:

I made a reasoned vote on Quandary. It is not a poo poo post.

What do you think about Eccos case on me?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
magnus do you have any thoughts on the game at all? or do you just like asking people questions about cases?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BottleKnight posted:

Scummy.

##vote murmurtwin

Phone posting from spotty Internet -

BKs case on me feels forced in that I can't believe he read my post on imgay and saw it as anything other than goofing around (like what would the scum motivation for it be?) but I can't tell if it's a scummy or wrong.

##vote BK

Merk, what makes you think quandary is scum?

I see what Ecco is saying re: MG but don't think it's necessarily scummy (it's d1 in a content-light game so meta cases border on "fair game"

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Have people forgotten that we haven't executed imgay yet? Because he's still alive for some reason.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jose Valasquez posted:

Have people forgotten that we haven't executed imgay yet? Because he's still alive for some reason.

imgay is trying to post though, I know we were totally psyched for a day 1 imgay vote but it's looking like a day 1 magnus vote is going to be just as good if not better.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

magnus do you have any thoughts on the game at all? or do you just like asking people questions about cases?

Well it's D1 and I don't have any history with any of these players since I've not played mafia in a while so I'm just gaining perspectives on people based off of the stuff that I say in this thread.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What did you learn from your fake case that you claim you pushed to learn things.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Max posted:

What did you learn from your fake case that you claim you pushed to learn things.

I haven't really formulated ideas on people since I didn't expect having to claim it was a fake case now. I'll have to do some re-reading

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

I approve of your advanced trolling but it's pretty obvious you are the scum here I am sorry you don't have enough self-awareness to see it

This post from Ecco seems to be awkwardly defending Ecco from the accusatory post I made w/r/t Ecco.

##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MG2 posted:

This post from Ecco seems to be awkwardly defending Ecco from the accusatory post I made w/r/t Ecco.

this was very obviously directed to imgay

MG2 posted:

I haven't really formulated ideas on people since I didn't expect having to claim it was a fake case now. I'll have to do some re-reading

it was very obviously not a real case, dear.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm...are we going to hang someone today?

I'd do merk for the scum claim or BK for his forced case on MMT. Not really onboard a MG vote. I don't think the Hats votes are real.

I'd comment about SSV dropping the Hats vote and then leaving it there, but I pretty much did the same thing with my Max vote.

##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
deadline is in 15 minutes tmm

vote for mg

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think to at least try to get a lynch today, I'll ##vote merk for his scum claim. I was scum with him in that CPig game where he scum claimed before, so it's entirely possible that he's actually scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am not going to vote for merk on day 1.

Vote for mg tmm.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not gonna happen. I don't buy your case on him.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the case is that he's worthless and it's better to remove him now rather than sit on our hands going :effort: later.

the only thing you can disagree about it is that it's better to leave worthless players around all game and I sure hope you don't think that.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

the case is that he's worthless and it's better to remove him now rather than sit on our hands going :effort: later.

the only thing you can disagree about it is that it's better to leave worthless players around all game and I sure hope you don't think that.

You think I'm a worthless player? Haha

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Who changed my merkecco vote to Ecco?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you did

MG2 posted:

##vote Ecco

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MG2 posted:

Who changed my merkecco vote to Ecco?

Umm..you did. And someone actually had the merkecco marked as a vote on yourself.

MG2 posted:

##vote Ecco

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Why is merk scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jose Valasquez posted:

Why is merk scum?

there aren't good reasons but you should vote for magnus though he's like imgay but better.

deadline is in 5 minutes woop

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Why is merk scum?

He scum claimed.

merk posted:

Ugh another scum game.

It's good enough to vote during a content light D1.

Plus, I've seen him scum claim as scum before.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

Ugh another scum game.

This does kinda seem like the kind of thing merk would say if he was scum though :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Gonna ##vote merk :shrug:

• Locked thread