Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Coming this fall, Sturgeon Surgeon Starring Spurgeon Marine Vet MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is this the general lovely TV thread now?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

I think it was ABC Family that recently tried to do a reality show about a "medium" who also happens to be a high school girl and OMGZ she has such a hard time finding dates when guys find out about her powers, you guyz.

(Psychics predict the future, mediums talk to the dead, very different)

E: Here it is, Monica the Medium. She's a junior at Penn State, not in high school. Wikipedia says it got picked up for a second season.

Episode summaries at IMDb

How many reality shows exist with this sort of stupid premise that make it a few seasons yet fly under the radar? I don't really pay much attention to the genre, and I don't really see how it's really any sort of long-term programming solution. Is the cheapness of such shows really worth it when their popularity expires after five years if not sooner? Seems like a lovely investment.

Heath posted:

No, it's still about the genre the Duggars inhabit, and how it seems that shaming idiots like this doesn't keep them off the air. I don't really see anybody watching Duggar reruns five years in the future, even if they manage to avoid any more scandals.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Heath posted:

It really needs to turn into the TLC shitshow Megathread. :colbert:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've been saying that Sister Wives is the worst show on TLC, but I keep forgetting about Long Island Medium. I hate that poo poo so much.

Goddamned loving "psychics".

When I still lived on Long Island, there was more than one otherwise rational, intelligent person that lost their loving minds when I said that woman is full of poo poo. And I'm still pissed about her ruining my friends' parents anniversary dinner because she showed up to the restaurant with the camera crew and spent an hour walking around to tables asking people about their dead relatives.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When I still lived on Long Island, there was more than one otherwise rational, intelligent person that lost their loving minds when I said that woman is full of poo poo. And I'm still pissed about her ruining my friends' parents anniversary dinner because she showed up to the restaurant with the camera crew and spent an hour walking around to tables asking people about their dead relatives.

Blows my mind how she blows rational people's minds.

What a oval office. It's the only TLC show I've veto'd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

SteveVizsla posted:

I think it was ABC Family that recently tried to do a reality show about a "medium" who also happens to be a high school girl and OMGZ she has such a hard time finding dates when guys find out about her powers, you guyz.

Oh no her football field sized red flag scares people off.

However, I would fully supporther taking money from suckers who want to talk to Joe Paterno.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

However, I would fully supporther taking money from suckers who want to talk to Joe Paterno.
Joe says he raped kids too :haw:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

SteveVizsla posted:

(Psychics predict the future, mediums talk to the dead, very different)

E: Here it is, Monica the Medium. She's a junior at Penn State, not in high school. Wikipedia says it got picked up for a second season.

Episode summaries at IMDb

College Girl with Prodromal Schizophrenia now on TLC!

JIM BOB

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Casimir Radon posted:

Joe says he raped kids too :haw:

Joe willingly turned a blind eye to his protege preying on children inorder to win football games and then justified it to himself by saying "well, I passed it up the line, not my fault if no one did anything"

he is a loving monster

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nooner posted:

Joe willingly turned a blind eye to his protege preying on children inorder to win football games and then justified it to himself by saying "well, I passed it up the line, not my fault if no one did anything"

he is a loving monster
Telling Penn State fans that Joe is in hell would be too good an oppurtunity to pass up.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Casimir Radon posted:

Telling Penn State fans that Joe is in hell would be too good an oppurtunity to pass up.

I agree 100% but better make sure you have a car outside and its running lol. what a poo poo school

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

You've got to have a little bit of respect for someone who is capable of convincing otherwise rational people that she can see their death by rubbing their hands.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Eh, people have little blind spots about poo poo, especially if they've not experienced someone cold reading people and then having it explained afterwards, for example. Somebody waltzing up to you and nailing a rapid succession of life details is stupefying in the moment, but you've got your life on Facebook. I bet there's a face search app. Our brains take useful shortcuts that often are at odds with things like logic, reason and evidence.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
They read my mind and it said JIM BOB

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HEEERE'S JIMMY

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

:pusheen:

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

This made me laugh much harder than it should have. Well done.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
At work today something went wrong and my reaction was to swear aloud, "Josh Bob It!". Thanks, thread?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Hopes Fall posted:

At work today something went wrong and my reaction was to swear aloud, "Josh Bob It!". Thanks, thread?

to quote some stupid tv forum i sometimes visit which is filled with prudes: oh my dog!

because writing christ or god is a sin, but defending a duggar is not.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Has Josh Bob been released into the wild yet?

buddha_beatnik
May 17, 2010

donkey salami posted:

Lots of speculation on the FreeJinger forum, nothing definite yet.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

buddha_beatnik posted:

Lots of speculation on the FreeJinger forum, nothing definite yet.

Oh poo poo thats a real thing.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I wonder if Jinger knows that the freejinger forum is a thing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I wonder if Jinger knows that the freejinger forum is a thing

I doubt its on the list of 8 approved websites

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

donkey salami posted:

fat chance, he'll be imprisoned forever.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Per one of the episodes where they talk about technology, only the guys are restricted in their online access, the girls likely visit whatever websites they want, since theyre the keepers of the net nanny password.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

whalesteak posted:

Per one of the episodes where they talk about technology, only the guys are restricted in their online access, the girls likely visit whatever websites they want, since theyre the keepers of the net nanny password.

While the boys get Nike'd, the girls are busy downloading gay hentai.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer posted:

The girls are actually given the passwords needed to access the internet. Because men are lustful beasts and a single gaze upon a woman's countenance will allow Satan to build a fortress within their hearts, whereas women are sexless beings, despite the fact that they must hide their shameful bodies, who are nothing but receptacles for a man's seed.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I know it's pronounced like ginger but I can't read it as anything other than jing-er

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

donkey salami posted:

He is dead. Bij Mob killed him and buried his body on the Duggar compound.

JimBOB

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It's not appropriate to use the word 'oval office' to describe someone who lies to people and exploits their grief about dead relatives/friends in order to scam them into some kind of 'psychic reading' in order to profit and have a TV show?

huh.

dog buttz posted:

You've got to have a little bit of respect for someone who is capable of convincing otherwise rational people that she can see their death by rubbing their hands.

same amount of fascination in watching scam artists grift people I guess but she isn't a good person worthy of respect

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 17, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

It's not appropriate to use the word 'oval office' to describe someone who lies to people and exploits their grief about dead relatives/friends in order to scam them into some kind of 'psychic reading' in order to profit and have a TV show?

huh.

Listen we here at soemthingawful dont really like to use those hate terms. human being

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Listen we here at soemthingawful dont really like to use those hate terms. human being

it's prolly because oval office is considered to be super bad in the USA but it's just the equivalent of saying 'rear end in a top hat' in the UK or Australia so there's confusion

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I truly don't understand it either, but hey, it's not that big of a deal. I won't do it again (Because being probated is annoying), but I still stand by it. And I don't mean it in a misogynistic way, either; I have the very same feelings towards John Edwards. Maybe even more so, actually.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Genesplicer is an excellent mod; I've noticed he's a bit prickly about that word is all.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moridin920 posted:

I think Genesplicer is an excellent mod; I've noticed he's a bit prickly about that word is all.

Old people are like that.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Yeah, I truly don't understand it either, but hey, it's not that big of a deal. I won't do it again (Because being probated is annoying), but I still stand by it. And I don't mean it in a misogynistic way, either; I have the very same feelings towards John Edwards. Maybe even more so, actually.

*posts that sarah silverman gif of im not calling you a fag like a homosexual a fag like a "r" word*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
You just have to type it in a British accent and then it becomes relatively inoffensive.

• Locked thread