Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Eonwe posted:

give it evolution a decade couple of millennia and the political landscape of texas will look a lot different, IMO

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:bernpop:

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

From a few pages back:

:gary: :gary: :master: :yarg: :yarg:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That new moderation rules thread has been so shitted up it's nearly impossible to tell real posts from fake. Well done commandos o9

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znckmg_k3KU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stanko-Prussian posted:

She's been kind of alluding at it but not so much to remind the god squad that she's christian, more to remind via allusion that sanders isn't.

She deployed her mammy voice today at an appearance with Reverend Al.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4--iq8WJA&t=623s

AP fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 17, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

That reminds me of the video that came out last year that almost made Star Citizen look cool. It had guys on a ship going to a derelict vessel, and they had EVA to it, float through it and activate artificial gravity and stuff, bringing it online. How can the game, this much later, still not offer at least that experience to players?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I changed the linked time, he's roleplaying doing a mission, has obviously got his mum to record something pretending to be his ship or is using one of those voice changer things. He roleplays receiving a 15k credit reward too.

This is one of the saddest videos I've seen so far, still at least he's getting some enjoyment out of his $5k investment.

AP fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 17, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Really you don't need persistence, inventory systems, working physics, economy, any of that. That's what your imagination is for. DREAM

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Mechwarrior online made me change my name so I picked a new one. I figured there was and overlap between people paying $500 for mechs in MWO and Star Citizen backers.

I'm now know as Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. Will post rage screenshots if I get any.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

G0RF posted:

But the naming-- Elite: Arena-- is what will surely serve as the sharp-elbow to prompt Chris' annoyance. "Arena" is as time worn as any word in multiplayer gaming, and it was stale as hell when Roberts called their space combat module "Arena Commander". People at Frontier made the deliberate choice to poke the dragon by co-opting it for their standalone CQC combat-- and that subtle kind of passive aggression is especially hilarious because they can easily laugh it off and say "Oh bollocks- we weren't even thinking about Arena Commander! How funny is that? Sorry mate can't change it now-- we'll be more careful next time!"

This poke from Elite was long overdue. CIG has a long history of trying to upstage real progress from Elite by a video, the procedural generation video being just the latest in a string of incidents. I'm glad to see Elite shooting back.

quote:

It seems like this year's releases will be the start of a long, painful death of a thousand cuts for Star Citizen. I don't mean a corporate death-- because I think that financially they can survive still milking their revenue models. I mean a credibility death-- one that's long overdue. It will come via a slow, steady stream of new title big publisher releases (Eve, No Man's Sky, Adrift, Mass Effect: Andromeda, etc.) and several indie titles (Infinity, Fractured Space, Firefly, Everspace, Angels Fall First, etc.), many that best Star Citizen in some critical feature or set of them. And THAT will hurt Chris, because he wants to be the jack of all trades AND the master of each.

So even though I don't expect CIG's outright failure this year, it surely is the year that the public and media realize the emperor has no clothes, and never had clothes. Chris will crank out 'in engine' videos showing he has plans to counter them all-- and fewer and fewer will believe them, having seen one too many promises-- Star Marine most recently-- not survive impact with the rube goldberg monstrosity that Chris Roberts has been cobbling together at great expense over too many years...

I agree with this, CIG has raised expectations for Star Citizen to an impossible level and has delivered on very little of that. This year, there will be a good number of medium to high quality space games, it is very possible that Star Citizen just becomes lost in the noise. CIG will run out of ways to market itself, the gameplay doesn't match the hype. People are afraid to say that now, but in a few months?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

What in the everloving gently caress did I just watch. Is this what people do in these space games?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

hanales posted:

What in the everloving gently caress did I just watch. Is this what people do in these space games?

It's called "emergent gameplay", look it up human being

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
to be fair he's taking the lack of gameplay into his own hands, fair play to him.

also thanks mom

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

aleksendr posted:

HoloXPLOR - Alpha
HoloXPLOR is your web-based alternative to the Star Citizen Holotable.

HoloXPLOR allows you to modify your existing inventory XML file and then download the modified version to use in Arena Commander and the Persistent Universe.

Original concept has been taken from Zane Bien's work, which he produced for his interview with CIG

Its a very nifty tool.

Its nice to see a 100+M$ company having to use tools developped by the fans for its QA.

http://holoxplor.azurewebsites.net/

Gwaihir posted:

It means that the ingame UI for fiddling with your ship is so god awful that no one, including the people who are paid to fuss with it, want to touch it.

Haha wow. $106 million dollars. Money well spent.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKiCs_g5OFw

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

AugmentedVision posted:

It's called "emergent gameplay", look it up human being

Yeah cool my six year old does the same thing when he pretends his skylanders are alive.

Edit:

loving lol.

Edit2: vv I accept your apology commando.

hanales fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 17, 2016

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I lied, emergent gameplay actually involves making use of things that exist in the game. This is just a grown man playing pretend.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Galarox, you have inspired me to take my work to the next level.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

redwalrus posted:

:eyepop: :five:

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

redwalrus posted:

holy poo poo

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

redwalrus posted:

put this in the museum

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

in the future combat ai will let you know when someone is shooting at you

very cool

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

redwalrus posted:

tears of joy stream down my face

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Happy Sisyphus posted:

in the future combat ai will let you know when someone is shooting at you

very cool

In the future, we will have smart bullets that will stop immediately before they hit you and pop up a dialog box on your helmet HUD "do you consent to being hit with this bullet? Y/N".

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

redwalrus posted:

this is amazing

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

redwalrus posted:

JFC, that's amazing. :monocle:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Iglocska posted:

Dear diary,

My struggle continues, I am not giving up! I believe in staying civil and convincing the other party with sources and arguments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45xmjt/star_citizen_can_we_keep_the_faith/d02gzd5?context=3

I am starting to worry that the voices are right, I am losing my sanity

:sympathy:

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah agreed, this guy is head and shoulders above anyone I've seen for out and out shitbrained stupidity

I like the way you put it the other day, "Of all the light bulbs on that forum this one glows the dullest." Their stupidity and hubris are quite the combination.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

redwalrus posted:

:vince:

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Happy Sisyphus posted:

put this in the museum

We should open a Patreon and collect money to put all these masterpieces in a gallery. Then invite Oldman for the opening night.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

redwalrus posted:

:five: :sbahj:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

redwalrus posted:

It's Good

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

redwalrus posted:

:holymoley:

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

AugmentedVision posted:

In the future, we will have smart bullets that will stop immediately before they hit you and pop up a dialog box on your helmet HUD "do you consent to being hit with this bullet? Y/N".

But only if you have the PvP slider set to have that happen.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

redwalrus posted:

Yes

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

That new moderation rules thread has been so shitted up it's nearly impossible to tell real posts from fake. Well done commandos o9

I'm shilling hard for full stalinist purges. :getin:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Toops posted:

This is a good idea. I'll talk to Natron about adding a "museum" wing to the space port he's working on.

Well, this isn't even a question. Of course the space station will have a museum. What kind of civilized space station doesn't have its own Smartsonian Institute for Fine JPEGs??

Also, I'm sorry to say, but progress has been slow on the space station modeling because I recently fell of my bike breaking both my wrists got a horrible cold/flu and then a lovely dash of bronchitis, so I've been laying low for a while. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow and getting some :catdrugs:, and then I should be able to send along some rough shots of the general shape of the thing.

So in other words, two weeks.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"It seems" their computer is loving retarded and should be put down.

Im all for people having fun with a Role Play, but this is sad. Its a solo game and hes role playing with himself and a mentally deficient computer that loves to say "It seems" "There seems" and "I believe" in front of EVERYTHING. Who the gently caress would be stupid enough to program a computer to do that unless your TRYING to get the player to commit suicide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45xmjt/star_citizen_can_we_keep_the_faith/d02gzd5?context=3

• Locked thread