Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dongattack posted:

lmao, the physical storebought copy of the game is significantly cheaper than the steam version in my country, whaaat is gooiiing ooooonnn

help

which country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Lovable Luciferian posted:

Is the game region locked? I have half a mind to pre order it in the UK if that is somehow possible.

I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem for PC really but not 100% - however you cannot get the collectors edition in the UK anymore it has sold out.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Bugblatter posted:

Wait, I live in SK... will that version really be fully English? I figured there would be some downside to purchasing the SK version, but if it'll be identical to the US release...

Yup as games have English Chinese Korean (sometimes Japanese) combined into their Asia version, these versions go as far west as India so highly likely yes. Just no relese-dates nailed down for anywhere but Europe, North America, Japan yet.

Genocyber posted:

So the SK version can't be gotten digitally?

Not outside of SK, also unknown if there's an IP lock and time-lock applied to SK PSN accounts. Gaming there is weird.
Fuckwaitingthreeweeksfuckwaitingthreeweeks

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

Blackfyre posted:

I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem for PC really but not 100% - however you cannot get the collectors edition in the UK anymore it has sold out.

Well drat it. MAYBE I'LL JUST BOYCOTT DSIII!

(There's no way in hell I'm boycotting this game)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Theme for PS4 preorder :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LgEIdHQo0A

Today's (yesterday's) livestream - just the network test area but I haven't watched it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttudwoxRy9E

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Lovable Luciferian posted:

Well drat it. MAYBE I'LL JUST BOYCOTT DSIII!

(There's no way in hell I'm boycotting this game)

Did you like the statue that came with it? (Collectors Red Knight not the prestige edition one).

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

Blackfyre posted:

Did you like the statue that came with it? (Collectors Red Knight not the prestige edition one).

Yeah I want my Mr. Wooly shoulders statue to have a buddy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

turtlecrunch posted:

Today's (yesterday's) livestream - just the network test area but I haven't watched it

Everybody neglected to tell me that Scimitar's weapon art lets you do anime flips.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Why are they having a conversation with a robot?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
V good to see that guy get murdered by a Baldur Knight Mk II :smug:

Elerion posted:

Why are they having a conversation with a robot?

Japanese text to voice sounds loving weird. As to why they're using that instead of a mic :shrug:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Isn't it the internal PS4 streaming comment-reading deal?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
what are DS games better on, xbox or PS 4?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Pretty much the exact same. More players on PS4 though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Ps4 for the larger player base.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

pc you plebian

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Basically the same but PS4 will have a larger fan base since alot of people got it just for Bloodbourne

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Basically the same but PS4 will have a larger fan base since alot of people got it just for Bloodbourne

And the fact that its player base is 2.5x that of xbone.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Groovelord Neato posted:

pc you plebian

Going to laugh when I post the final boss's name, スキルを取得, on March 25th.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

"Giant Abyssal Gwyn" :-O

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finished DeS for the first time just now. I hope that they make another attempt at a PVP boss.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

sector_corrector posted:

I finished DeS for the first time just now. I hope that they make another attempt at a PVP boss.

They did with the Looking Glass Knight.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dan Didio posted:

They did with the Looking Glass Knight.

No poo poo, dude. I'm saying, that in this new game called Dark Souls III, they make another attempt at a PVP boss, like their two previous attempts, but hopefully better.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

No poo poo, dude. I'm saying, that in this new game called Dark Souls III, they make another attempt at a PVP boss, like their two previous attempts, but hopefully better.

They did it with the Looking Glass Knight.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

sector_corrector posted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They did it with the Old Monk

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

Dan Didio posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, poo poo, didn't realize. My bad.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Looking Glass Knight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

Oh, poo poo, didn't realize. My bad.

They did it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

They did it with the Old Monk

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Looking+Glass+Knight?responseToken=295fa5d28f7902eeb081988d43789125

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
Level up and try that post again after doing moonlight butterfly

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

They did that with Pinwheel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be honest, I don't. If they do another PvP boss I think it should be more indirect PvP, like flipping switches to activate traps in the boss arena or something.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

turtlecrunch posted:

Seeing this made me think - What is Japan's view of the series? I know we all love hyping up the difficulty (advertisers included), but I don't know if it gained that sort of reputation elsewhere.

And スキルを取得 doesn't have nearly enough ASCII art to be a Japanese meme.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

RatHat posted:

To be honest, I don't. If they do another PvP boss I think it should be more indirect PvP, like flipping switches to activate traps in the boss arena or something.

they should do it like a combo between bed of chaos, and the doors of pharos zone, so that they're drawing upon two of the best implemented and most popular things from DS 1 & 2.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

homeless poster posted:

they should do it like a combo between bed of chaos, and the doors of pharos zone, so that they're drawing upon two of the best implemented and most popular things from DS 1 & 2.

replace bed of chaos with the micolash corridors from BB and you unironically have maybe a cool idea

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
I'd be cool if crest fallen warrior turned into a sun bro via quest chain. Only to be eaten by a chest

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

his name is the Blue NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
In Dark Souls III they repeat the Cave of the Dead gank squad boss fight.

Except this time it's real.

• Locked thread