Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

c2usaf2004 posted:

Dafuq is wrong with her teeth!?!?!??

All teeth are disgusting to be fair

'specially in that kind of light

E: highly inadequate snipe

I give you my ex-dog:

I don't miss his owner one bit, but losing her dog hurts v muchily

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

DOMDOM posted:

also

I know you guys are like super busy and I know all about time & money but surely you could explain your knicknacks to all us loyal backers in between wasting our money filming garbage vanity projects where you rehearse not blinking a billion times

They rehearse not blinking because: Stimpire.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

They had these exact people on the Elite forums and it was loving :smug: city from all the rational people when the inevitable happened.
Good times.

I believe I posted a "lol" in one of those threads, it felt good.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Fargin Icehole posted:

Real talk, I hate cats, we need some dogs around here

here's a video of my dog in action, I don't know how to adjust the speed tbh :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixpk_emt9yc

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I give you my ex-dog:

It sucks to lose an awesome dog because they happen to be attached to a crummy person.

Here are my ex dags

From left: Porter, Sprout, and Bucket

Bucket and Sprout live in Connecticut now, and Porter lived with my friends but had to be put down last week because leukemia :(

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

here's a video of my dog in action, I don't know how to adjust the speed tbh :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixpk_emt9yc

Personally German Shepherds terrify me. I was attacked by one as a child and never got over it. Still and all cool psycho-pseudo-wolf dog

e: For the CIG thread watchers the above is super secret goon code. Wouldn't you like to know what it all means :cheeky:

Galarox fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 17, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sure.

A few hundred hundred pages back someone pontificated that when all this is said and done will be like the scene in "Wolf of Wall Street" when they raid the office.

Myself on the other hand had thought back to the hooker scene. Where the Titanic dude was snorting coke out of a hooker's rear end.

And naturally, thanks to logical conclusions and 4th Stimpire the imagery of Lesnick being the hooker and well you know who snorting fell in place.

Try to erase that image from your memory.

The office party scene, where the secretary is shorn in public in exchange of money for breast implants is, in my opinion, more horrific than any 4th stimpire fanfic.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Richard Garriott's "game" - Shroud of Sidestepping Legal Recourse From EA/Origin" or whatever - is on Steam (though even that team seems to have distanced themselves from CR over the past year - where once they were selling SC vanity items on their site, like capes and poo poo) - and for some misguided reason people keep picking that up.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Galarox posted:

Personally German Shepherds terrify me. I was attacked by one as a child and never got over it. Still and all cool psycho-pseudo-wolf dog

yeah I can see where that comes from, that face right as she's catching the toy is kind of terrifying if I'm being objective. let me make it up to you with a cute dog

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Lesnick dipped into the brown sea today. I have no idea what any of its about but its another one of those situations where CIG just stops talking about something and three months later its gone for good. You can probably just skip the first few paragraphs and go to "point 2" to get the gist.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6374747/#Comment_6374747

quote:

This part is easy to answer, since you guys saw the whole thing happen: we were talking about the buggy on RtV, we used it as an example in a conversation with wrong price and then when chat pointed that out promised to have a short sale to make up for that. It was not any sort of test or an attempt to plan for future Voyager Direct sales, or any other sort of conspiracy. It literally happened in a live broadcast :) I bet you can go back to the archive (three weeks back?) and see the whole thing happen.

But let me address a few of the questions and concerns from this thread!

First of all, Voyager Direct melting. I know we've talked about that before, but I'll say it here to make it absolutely clear: a number of specific things have changed since the 2015 post from me quoted here. We looked into melting items last year, and opted against dedicating development time to it for several reasons:

- The system was initially built to be permanent and 'in lore,' overall indicative of how commerce would work in the finished game (buying credits and using them on items instead of buying whole spaceships.) This is, to be perfectly honest, the biggest reason we've tried to be more lenient with the original store (introducing melting, buybacks, buyback credits, etc.) and not the other.

- We introduced two major game systems to the game itself, both intended to negate the need for changing that plan and building a melt system for UEC. One was the introduction of earnable REC to Arena Commander to allow backers to 'try before they buy,' which was certainly our primary concern with regards to having permanent REC purchases (the brouhaha at the time was that folks wanted to test items, both to know if they wanted to buy them permanently and because they wanted to test gameplay that would eventually be earnable but wasn't yet.) The second change was the introduction of both the Persistent Universe and a dedicated back-end system from Turbulent that allows us to issue temporary items during tests (to allow people to test items we're specifically concerned with, or to try them when we have something special to show off.)

- Looking forward, two items on the near term schedule further negated the need for/benefit of a melt: one is the introduction of an in-game shopping system which would move Voyager Direct where it belongs (in the game world) and would then lead to an in-game economy where items can be bought and sold used (which is what we were dreaming about back when we started the on-site UEC!) The second is the impending and fairly massive rework of the ship item system, which has been approaching for quite a while and is about to pounce now. Since it was going to require a then-unknown reworking of many items already sold, the thought was to table spending time/money on a melt system and instead consider a UEC amnesty or some other solution (it's actually looking like we can make a straight transition now in a way that will either not harm and will sometimes benefit older backers when it comes to specific item value... shields are our test case in a 2.x release for exactly this.)

Which is to say: we adapted our plans to negate the need for a purpose-built melt system. And I think it's been pretty successful, as this is just coming up again now... and the key issue here is different (wanting a discount instead of needing better support to test the game.)

Which brings us to the second point: sales!

What was said in the past remains true: early backers got the best prices for their package, and later that those backing specific concept ships had those ships offered at the lowest price we've planned. But neither of those things means that we will never have a 'discount' sale or that we'll never change any prices. The buggy, for instance, is NOT an early package or a concept ship. It's a fun cosmetic item introduced with full functionality into the game, sold through a system whose purpose is to help figure out the in game economy. This isn't the first time a Voyager Direct item has changed prices and it won't be the last. Prices for some things will go up (specifically when they gain additional functionality... this is going to happen to at least one of the shields) and others will go down... items may even be discontinued entirely if we feel like there are too many of them out there for game balance (not a concern with the buggy, as long as they've stopped exploding)! And we will absolutely have small sales on fun, inconsequential items like the buggy from time to time.

All of that said, I need to stress: the point of sales and cosmetic items in the first place is to bring in revenue for the game. I know, there's a bit of an "ugh, they want to make money!" behind that thinking, but it's dishonest to say anything else... and we are all adults! We try to be as lenient as possible with melting ships, changing packages, allowing for choice... but we're also a business, and it is in our best interests not to sell something to you, let you use it for a year and then give you half your money back because it was part of a sale. It's exactly the same principal as any store: I can't take my TV back to Best Buy a year later because it's half the price it was when I bought it. There's an additional layer with UEC, and some elements (many backers were given UEC)... but it boils down to that exact same equation. (All of that is to say, the initial desire isn't valid here: had we gone with a melting system for VD items, we would certainly have set it up not to allow users to take advantage of a sale in this way. You'd get an 'unable to melt buggy' for the weekend it was on sale or somesuch. Thinking about money sucks, I know, but it's also how we're making the game.)

Anyway, I hope that clears all of this up! I'll leave the thread open for a bit in case there are additional questions.

this guy sums it all up

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

yeah I can see where that comes from, that face right as she's catching the toy is kind of terrifying if I'm being objective. let me make it up to you with a cute dog

:five: Cute dog :)

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I give you my ex-dog:

I stand humbled and rebuked. I will not let it happen again.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Lmaooooo. Man that brings me back.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

A normal well adjusted person

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bring out the... Comfy chair...

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lesnick dipped into the brown sea today. I have no idea what any of its about but its another one of those situations where CIG just stops talking about something and three months later its gone for good. You can probably just skip the first few paragraphs and go to "point 2" to get the gist.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6374747/#Comment_6374747

this guy sums it all up

I seem to remember that one of BFTBG beefs pre-ban was that REC or UEC (or whatever - I find it hard to keep track of their loonie currency stuff) was being wasted when people bought stuff for their ships (guns I think) which then became unusable when they patched the game (in AC IIRC). That last screencap/quote catches it perfectly. "We're pissing on you, and telling you that it's raining" The Brown Sea is getting restless, lets sit back and :munch: while it all unravels

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The---Batman.

TheSexBatman?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this guy sums it all up

God he's such a DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chairman Wao posted:

A normal well adjusted person

Another normal well-adjusted person

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Kitty gloves.

Chris why aren't you making my slavery simulator to a higher standard?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

All glory to the 4th Snugpire.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

He wrote this about a game with only one gender in it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
"I can't be the only one who wants sex slaves in the game amiright guys?????? Who's with me gently caress YEAH!"

*Looks around in game at drones of Bob*

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mirificus posted:

Another normal well-adjusted person

:captainpop: :chanpop: :eyepop: :shittypop:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Toops posted:

We do need a community manager

I nominate Eonwe and behind that Jgab...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Is it diverse/PC or racist when you parade a token black guy in front of the camera every week and the token function is blatantly obvious?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

I play way too much LoL (more than none) and even I think this community is loving horrific.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

Kitty gloves.

Chris why aren't you making my slavery simulator to a higher standard?

Hopefully the kitty gloves come off for the next 10ftc.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wulfling posted:

I'm sorry.

I used to live there, I'm glad I no longer do.

I'd suggest a DFW meet up for Smarties in this thread, but I'd worry about it being crashed by Crobers more zealous fans. Lets not Congregate and open ourselves up for a bloodbath from some lovely religious fanatic.

Arlington sucks, you should be worried about me showing up.. at least Crobers fans are tolerable! Seriously though, get out of Arlington. ;-) The mid cities suck in DFW. I like many of the burbs and parts of Downtown FW and Downtown Dallas (during the day Downtown Dallas at night = CHL)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:geno: As if an airhorn had been blown, as if an eye had been blinked, as if some phantom force in the universe had made a move two weeks beyond our comprehension, suddenly, there were no jpegs! There was no CIG, no game, no thing called "Space Citizen" to be made fun of. There was nothing in the forum but the puzzled commandos of courage, who suddenly found themselves alone with shadows and cat-pics!

With the telegram, one cloud lifts, and another descends. Wing Commander fan Ben Lesnick, rescued, alive, well, and of normal size, some eight thousand miles away in a lifeboat, with no memory of where he has been, or how he was separated from his movie prop! Then who, or what, has posted here? Is it here yet? Or has the funding switch been pulled? Case in point: The pubes between game development and game journalism is microscopically thin! You have witnessed the pubes being shaved even thinner! But is the menace with us? Or is the space whale gone?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
1979 is a good year page

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this guy sums it all up

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6374808/#Comment_6374808

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6374830/#Comment_6374830

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Arlington sucks, you should be worried about me showing up.. at least Crobers fans are tolerable! Seriously though, get out of Arlington. ;-) The mid cities suck in DFW. I like many of the burbs and parts of Downtown FW and Downtown Dallas (during the day Downtown Dallas at night = CHL)

Yeah. The possibility of you showing you has had more of a damper on my willingness to do a meet-up than my fears of some shitizen showing up with a shotgun and a trench coat trilby combo.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Everytime people think "Pirate" they think sex, blow, rhum and cards.

What about scurvy ? Malnutrition ? Getting shot or hanged without even a hint of due process ? Where is my pirate simulator where i have to raid ships only to steal food and toileteries because everyone onboard is losing teeth and getting scabbies due to empty soap and lemon stores ?

Pirates, with the exception of a few lucky legends, where poor bastards at the end of the rope and most did not see their 30th birthday.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

my guess is no, you are not the only nerd that wants sex slaves

that does not mean its a good thing

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

EightAce posted:

There were two horses

Gizmondo and Star Citizen ... For real look it up . Wink wink

Jesus... there's a horse called star citizen still running owned by Godolphin.... Listed for sale in Jan 2016 for 4000 Euro

http://horsesforsale.godolphin.com/sites/default/files/lot-pdfs/doncaster-january-sale-2016--89.pdf

Wonder who bought it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
Every time I see a Ben Lesnick quote I'm pretty sure I get a little closer to developing CTE.

Sometimes I think about watching one of his youtube things, but I know I couldn't make it through. I'm not strong enough.

• Locked thread