Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fawf posted:

My birthday's this month so I'll be pleased as punch if I can get access to my special discounts before I have to wait a year.

Oh no no, this is for Nintendo Account, for discounts you want My Nintendo which launches next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh no no, this is for Nintendo Account, for discounts you want My Nintendo which launches next month.

god

fuckin

drat

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo and the Neverending Array Of Logins For Similar Services

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Trying to make sure I got this. Nintendo Account will be Nintendo's account system going forward into the NX family of systems, as well as their mobile ventures (which means that it's linked to Miitomo?). You can link (and/or log into?) it with your facebook/twitter/google account. However, NNID will continue to be the system on 3DS and WiiU, and preexisting users can log into their Nintendo Account using their NNID.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, that's it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does this finally mean purchases are tied to an account like every other digital service in the 21st century

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

MinibarMatchman posted:

does this finally mean purchases are tied to an account like every other digital service in the 21st century

you fool what have you done

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

On the NX platform(s), maybe. Business as usual on the current batch of hardware.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MinibarMatchman posted:

Oh, here we go....

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

MinibarMatchman posted:

The bigger question is... will the account no longer be tied to just a single piece of hardware?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo pre-reg is live: https://miitomo.com/en/

Signing up with your Nintendo Account will get you Platinum Points that you'll be able to spent when My Nintendo (Club Nintendo successor) goes live next month.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

you fool what have you done

He's summoning Jivjov.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MinibarMatchman posted:

This actually happened a couple years ago when the NNID was introduced. This new system just ties in PCs and smartphones (and associated apps like Miitomo) to one login.

Don't worry about your digital purchases, they've been tied to your NNID for a while.

shaitan posted:

The bigger question is... will the account no longer be tied to just a single piece of hardware?

The NNID works with both 3DS and Wii U, and can be freely system transferred both by users and Nintendo (in the event of a system theft or irreparable damage)

jivjov fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 17, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cartoon Man posted:

He's summoning Jivjov.

Are there like amulets or spells you can use for protection?

vvvv RIP

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 17, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

*me after getting into a car crash in the middle of nowhere and my phone is broken*
'i...i wish purchases were...were tied to the account...and not the system'

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

*me after getting into a car crash in the middle of nowhere and my phone is broken*
'i...i wish purchases were...were tied to the account...and not the system'

*Jivjov appears in your rearview mirror, brandishing a smartphone with Nintendo Support FAQs opened up on it*

Poor Jivjov. He's been cursed with the sisyphean task of explaining NNID transfers to Something Awful Forums Users in a never-ending cycle of pain.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he's not wrong.

Your purchases are tied to your account, it's just your account can only be tied to one piece of hardware at a time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

Well he's not wrong.

Your purchases are tied to your account, it's just your account can only be tied to one piece of hardware at a time.

Two pieces. And can be freely transferred to new ones.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If you phone them directly between business hours. Also your system must be from the region you need help from.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
If you can't get into accounts.nintendo.com go to https://miitomo.com/en and click on the "Create account and pre-register" link to make one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Signing up with your Nintendo Account will get you Platinum Points that you'll be able to spent when My Nintendo (Club Nintendo successor) goes live next month.

Well I'm glad they've made things simpler.

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
This is weird, I couldn't pre-register for Miitomo with my US NNID account because I don't have a US IP.

Had to use a vpn service. Hope this won't be the case for every time I access to My Nintendo website once it launches...

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
This week's NA Wii U VC releases:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Double Dragon 3

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does NA really not have those game already? Weird.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

we don't have a lot of things

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You have Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, what more do you need?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nope. I had a urge to play Ninja Gaiden 2 last year and was baffled it wasn't even there at the time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget Bayou Billy. :smithicide:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rusty taking over the badge arcade.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't forget Bayou Billy. :smithicide:

And Rival Turf!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll take 3 a week if this is going to be the new normal (did more NoA staff get allocated to VC maybe? with fewer Wii U titles to work on in 2016..)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I could be wrong but I think they tend to go hard on VC at the beginning of every year and then back off again once the pace of retail releases picks back up.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

jivjov posted:

Two pieces. And can be freely transferred to new ones.

A single 3ds and a single Wii U. If you are gonna preach on about NNID at least tell the truth.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

jivjov can you explain the new Nintendo accounts and why there's multiple again

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

shaitan posted:

A single 3ds and a single Wii U. If you are gonna preach on about NNID at least tell the truth.

Yes, 1 3ds and 1 Wii U. That adds up to two. If you are going to attempt to call me out in so pedestrian a fashion, at least have a grasp of simple arithmetic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

baram. posted:

jivjov can you explain the new Nintendo accounts and why there's multiple again

That, I honestly have no idea. I'm thinking the thought process was to separate the rewards-giving aspect of things from the user-functionality aspect of things; which I sorta understand...but really, for everyone's conveinance, it should all be a single log-in going forward.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

jivjov posted:

Yes, 1 3ds and 1 Wii U. That adds up to two. If you are going to attempt to call me out in so pedestrian a fashion, at least have a grasp of simple arithmetic.

Okay I'm going to go transferring my 3DS purchases to my Wii U. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE THERE'S NO CROSS BUY

You can tie it to one thing that those purchases are valid for; don't be pedantic

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll explain in his stead.

There's Nintendo Account which will be used to log into new Nintendo consoles like the NX and smartphone apps like Miitomo. It's replacing NNID which will die off with the WiiU and 3ds family of systems because the NNID has some structural limitations that make it difficult to integrate across different platforms and they wanted to create a new account system from scratch.

My Nintendo is a rewards program tied to your Nintendo Account where you earn Platinum and Gold points. Platinum points are earned by playing Nintendo games, viewing Nintendo content and visiting Nintendo parks or seeing a Nintendo partnered movie, etc. They are used to get digital bonus items for use in games, like how if you buy Mountain Dew White Phosphorous you get a new gun in CoD. Gold points are earned by buying games on Nintendo systems and can be used to buy games digitally or possibly get eShop credit.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

jivjov posted:

Right but if I had 2 Wii U systems I can't put it on two systems. Just one single system. All I want to do is to stop the spread of half truths is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

BattleMaster posted:

Okay I'm going to go transferring my 3DS purchases to my Wii U. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE THERE'S NO CROSS BUY

You can tie it to one thing that those purchases are valid for; don't be pedantic

Certain games have cross-buy functionality (Mario and DK Tipping Stars gives you a code for the other system when you buy it on one; the Smash Bros. DLC comes in Wii U + 3DS packs, etc)

shaitan posted:

Right but if I had 2 Wii U systems I can't put it on two systems. Just one single system. All I want to do is to stop the spread of half truths is all.

You can freely system transfer your NNID between the two Wii Us; if for some reason you had a 2nd console.