Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jose, why do you want me dead so bad? I've played one game with you and it was a game that was too robust and long for me actively care about. Your tunnel and like of any effort day one is worse than anything I even did in the soldiers game.

Wanting to lynch me instead of scum is why I believe people are voting you now. I recommend you start taking this game more seriously or the threads going to end up lynching you on principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Alternate universe Imgay makes a compelling case. Although actually, I do remember that before he died early in Jojos mafia, he was more active than he was in soldiers game before I shanked him in battle.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Even if Imgay was shitposting, I still think it's a bad call to policy lynch him. Given that he's contributing, it's even worse of a plan.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I would still like to kill imgay on principle. If I was scum he'd be dead.

This is an absolutely terrible point and you know that. Are you actually going to try to make this claim as a certainty?

quote:

I think Max is scummy based on his terrible claim that I'm scum and swooped in at 3 minutes to the deadline to kill merk instead of letting us no kill

Agreed here Max's case is pretty poor. Lynching merk over no-lynching is not a bad thing to do.

The Lord of Hats posted:

he was more active than he was in soldiers game before I shanked him in battle.

You just gotta keep rubbing it in don't you :(

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

imgay posted:

Your tunnel and like of any effort day one is worse than anything I even did in the soldiers game.
Your entire game in soldiers was poo poo posting, that's all you did the entire game. That's why I didn't want to play with you and that's why I wanted to kill you day 1. Even now your "effort" is fake effort like:

imgay posted:

Now let's look at merk and ecco and what they contributed so far. Oh wait, they haven't contributed anything but unapologetic poo poo postings that do nothing but insult the time and effort our host cpig put into this game. If they stay down this awful rabbit hole, I'd whole heartfelt agree with them being scum. Maybe put some effort in your posts and try to make the SA mafia community less lovely for all of us.
This isn't real content, it's trolling because you know you are a poo poo poster

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

This is an absolutely terrible point and you know that. Are you actually going to try to make this claim as a certainty?

I wasn't saying that you should just trust me that he'd be dead if I was scum and use that as proof of my being town, it is just a statement of fact and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

Even if Imgay was shitposting, I still think it's a bad call to policy lynch him. Given that he's contributing, it's even worse of a plan.

As to this point, I 100% disagree. He coasted by doing jack poo poo in Soldiers for most of the game and nobody wanted to kill him because he was just a poo poo poster. If he'd been scum he would have coasted to victory because nobody wants to kill a poo poo poster who isn't participating. The only reason I'm not pushing harder for him to be the d2 kill is because while I think the comments about his effort are giving him way too much credit at least he's not pure poo poo posting and is actually commenting on the game.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

OK, bed time, ##vote Max for rushing in to put together the worst possible case based on the merk execution. He's just trying to roll over one town execution into another based on poor logic.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you call my content fake, then you need to take a good, hard look at your own content. You keep pushing me for no other reason than you think I'm a shitposter. I haven't shitposted once this game and yet you are continuing to make the argument that I am. If you aren't going to try to play mafia and just vote based on meta that isn't consistent with this game, then I give up on you dude.

I honestly don't understand your beef with me, but you've been using this as a guise of actually doing anything the entire game. Your day one content was bereft of any content and your push on me day two is dog poo poo.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

As to this point, I 100% disagree. He coasted by doing jack poo poo in Soldiers for most of the game and nobody wanted to kill him because he was just a poo poo poster. If he'd been scum he would have coasted to victory because nobody wants to kill a poo poo poster who isn't participating. The only reason I'm not pushing harder for him to be the d2 kill is because while I think the comments about his effort are giving him way too much credit at least he's not pure poo poo posting and is actually commenting on the game.

I love how your case against him is "he's not going to do anything but poo poo post" but you don't want to vote him because "he's not poo poo posting." Do you not see how that's ridiculous?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary posted:

I love how your case against him is "he's not going to do anything but poo poo post" but you don't want to vote him because "he's not poo poo posting." Do you not see how that's ridiculous?

To clarify on this post because I missed a sentence. It's bad that you make the case on imgay then when you're called on it you back off a bit by admitting your case is actually non-existent, but you're still continuing to push it regardless.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

To clarify on this post because I missed a sentence. It's bad that you make the case on imgay then when you're called on it you back off a bit by admitting your case is actually non-existent, but you're still continuing to push it regardless.

imgay posted:

If you call my content fake, then you need to take a good, hard look at your own content. You keep pushing me for no other reason than you think I'm a shitposter. I haven't shitposted once this game and yet you are continuing to make the argument that I am. If you aren't going to try to play mafia and just vote based on meta that isn't consistent with this game, then I give up on you dude.

I honestly don't understand your beef with me, but you've been using this as a guise of actually doing anything the entire game. Your day one content was bereft of any content and your push on me day two is dog poo poo.
Please show me where I have said you are poo poo posting in this game.
Please show me where I have pushed for your execution day 2.

Neither of those things exist. The only reason I'm talking about imgay day 2 is because you guys are bringing it up.

My content day 1 was low because honestly I didn't realize day 1 was only going to be 48 hours long. When Ecco posted the 15 minute warning I started looking at other options.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose Valasquez posted:

Please show me where I have said you are poo poo posting in this game.
Please show me where I have pushed for your execution day 2.

Neither of those things exist. The only reason I'm talking about imgay day 2 is because you guys are bringing it up.

Jose Valasquez posted:

This isn't real content, it's trolling because you know you are a poo poo poster

Jose Valasquez posted:

I would still like to kill imgay on principle.

Actually they both do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am like 67% that Jose is town.

I think Jose you should join me for a magnus vote, final appeal before I start moving on.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Ecco why should we vote magnus?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quandary posted:

Ecco why should we vote magnus?

because he's posting but he's barely present in the game. see: yesterday, where he forgot he made a vote for me a few hours (maybe even minutes?) after he did so.

It is good to vote out players like that. At best they're town liabilities, at worst they're scum who will never be given a second glance.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm,

Sorry, when I made my Jose vote, I was mis-remembering who made this post:

Murmur Twin posted:

:crossarms:

:colbert:

##vote Merk

I was all nice and cozy in my bed and didn't want to bother with looking back to fact check myself.

##unvote

I'll eat crow on that one.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
W/r/t Magnus:

Max posted:

What did you learn from your fake case that you claim you pushed to learn things.

Did you ever get around to making those rereads that you said you would?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The "I'm going to go back and do a read" line reminds me of Chic's scum play.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

imgay posted:

Actually they both do.

Nope, the first one says you are a poo poo poster, not that you are poo poo posting in this particular game. In fact the entire point of that first post is that you were calling Ecco and merk poo poo posters and saying how poo poo posters like them are ruining Mafia when you don't really feel that way. It's fake content, you don't actually believe what you were saying, that's why I said you were trolling but I didn't say you were poo poo posting.

The second says I would still like to execute you on principal when I was directly asked by Quandary, it does not ask anyone else to vote for you

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Max posted:

Hmm,

Sorry, when I made my Jose vote, I was mis-remembering who made this post:

I was all nice and cozy in my bed and didn't want to bother with looking back to fact check myself.

##unvote

I'll eat crow on that one.
Somewhat suspicious back track after others agreed it was a questionable vote.

Not voting for me DOES raise your town stock in my opinion though...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

EccoRaven posted:

I am like 67% that Jose is town.

I think Jose you should join me for a magnus vote, final appeal before I start moving on.

I'll look at him this afternoon

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

Somewhat suspicious back track after others agreed it was a questionable vote.

Not voting for me DOES raise your town stock in my opinion though...

Shrug

Sometimes I don't pay attention.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, I actually forgot about that post I made in MG's direction the other day.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hey Magnus, other than Ecco can you post an opinion on anyone in the thread?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
MAFIA GAME let's BREAK THIS DOWN WOO

okay so I am going to categorize players into two groups, the worthless and the not necessarily worthless. it should be obvious who falls into which group even at a glance.

THE WORTHLESS:
TMM, ultra-worthless (moved a vote onto a townie and then got himself killed, gj tmm)

MG2, posts occasionally but is never "present" in the thread. Forgot a vote he made less than an hour after he made it.

imgay. For all his bluster he hasn't actually done much this game so far. I can't recall a specific opinion he's had that wasn't couched on "I am town how dare people be votin' me."

Sir Sam Vimes is apparently in this game. I could not have told you that. He should post more and better.

THE NOT NECESSARILY WORTHLESS:

hm this has become a less fruitful analysis than I expected going into this post.

BottleKnight - non-entity this game, what little he has posted has been scummy (his case on murmur without a vote e.g.)
EccoRaven - the towniest town to town a town
Flying Leatherman - came for the clutch with a merk vote yesterday, gets points in my book.
Jose Valasquez - I get townie feelings from jose. I feel like scum jose WOULD have tried to kill imgay last night.
Max - neutral
Murmur Twin - has been moving but if she can't participate more fully she should get replaced.
Quandary - I have been getting scummy vibes from him all game.
The Lord of Hats - neutral

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mostly agree with you, but are your feelings on Quandary just vibes or do they go beyond that? Because I haven't really been getting that feeling myself.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Jose Valasquez posted:

Hey Magnus, other than Ecco can you post an opinion on anyone in the thread?

Not currently (at work) but I can put some thoughts to words when I get off.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Ecco can you explain why you've called me scummy like 5 times now but still want to vote magnus? That makes, like, opposite sense.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Isn't killing lurkers/shitposters that are alignment-neutral actually bad for town?

If you call someone scum over and over, but fail to make a case on them, and in fact case someone who you just think is a bad poster... that seems pretty scummy.

##vote ecco

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Everyone should vote Ecco. She makes a lot of observations and then goes for the dumbest possible case. It reads like a scum poster with fake opinions trying their hardest to seem active. It's a forced case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Isn't killing lurkers/shitposters that are alignment-neutral actually bad for town?

no.

quote:

If you call someone scum over and over, but fail to make a case on them, and in fact case someone who you just think is a bad poster... that seems pretty scummy.

nah also I haven't been calling you scum "over and over." I said once at the end of day 1 that I would vote for you, but I didn't think it was likely we could muster the votes on you AND I wanted to cut chaff first.

I think this vote is super reactionary and OMGUS and is really bad BK sorry!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here is my exciting super-awesome case on bottleknight I made that's totally better than voting out magnus:

EccoRaven posted:

this is a bad post too

:aaaaa:

you have caught me bottleknight. my petard is hoisted.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

I mostly agree with you, but are your feelings on Quandary just vibes or do they go beyond that? Because I haven't really been getting that feeling myself.

I feel like his "I refuse to vote for policy lunches!" stance is really fake. It feels like what he thinks townies would do rather than what he actually feels. Especially if it turns out imgay and/or magnus are scum, it's a very safe way to deflect heat from a scumbuddy.

I dunno it's just something about him. I can't really explain it but nothing he's posted so far has felt genuine, it feels like it is crafted from the perspective of someone trying to do what they think townies would do.

Also the synx gambit, it rarely fails, it has as high a success rate as the rolleyes principle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, BK I'm trying to reconcile you coming in and calling out Ecco and not someone like me who was giving more effort in looking at you yesterday. It feels like you're only going after Ecco right now because they are the person that most recently mentioned your name.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EccoRaven posted:

MAFIA GAME let's BREAK THIS DOWN WOO

okay so I am going to categorize players into two groups, the worthless and the not necessarily worthless. it should be obvious who falls into which group even at a glance.

THE WORTHLESS:
TMM, ultra-worthless (moved a vote onto a townie and then got himself killed, gj tmm)

MG2, posts occasionally but is never "present" in the thread. Forgot a vote he made less than an hour after he made it.

imgay. For all his bluster he hasn't actually done much this game so far. I can't recall a specific opinion he's had that wasn't couched on "I am town how dare people be votin' me."

Sir Sam Vimes is apparently in this game. I could not have told you that. He should post more and better.

THE NOT NECESSARILY WORTHLESS:

hm this has become a less fruitful analysis than I expected going into this post.

BottleKnight - non-entity this game, what little he has posted has been scummy (his case on murmur without a vote e.g.)
EccoRaven - the towniest town to town a town
Flying Leatherman - came for the clutch with a merk vote yesterday, gets points in my book.
Jose Valasquez - I get townie feelings from jose. I feel like scum jose WOULD have tried to kill imgay last night.
Max - neutral
Murmur Twin - has been moving but if she can't participate more fully she should get replaced.
Quandary - I have been getting scummy vibes from him all game.
The Lord of Hats - neutral

While I agree that I have been pretty useless this game, it seems weird to categorise people based on how active they've been in the game instead of how scummy they are. Can you clarify what scummy vibes you've been getting from Quandary?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Yeah, BK I'm trying to reconcile you coming in and calling out Ecco and not someone like me who was giving more effort in looking at you yesterday. It feels like you're only going after Ecco right now because they are the person that most recently mentioned your name.

Yeah but you actually voted me and are not pushing some other, far worse case instead of me. You're actually scumhunting. Ecco is literally not scumhunting at all, she just wants to 'cut the chaff.'

I'm town, but for someone to say I'm scum and that they would vote me D1 and then instead stay on this bad Magnus case into D2 is scummy. It's forced.

And yes Ecco, 5 times was an exaggeration. But you keep saying you'd vote for someone and then staying on this bad case.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco is tied for post count leader and everything she's said this game is white noise. Even the Lumpen List is an attempt to show how much she is following the game without actually playing it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah but you actually voted me and are not pushing some other, far worse case instead of me. You're actually scumhunting. Ecco is literally not scumhunting at all, she just wants to 'cut the chaff.'

I'm town, but for someone to say I'm scum and that they would vote me D1 and then instead stay on this bad Magnus case into D2 is scummy. It's forced.

And yes Ecco, 5 times was an exaggeration. But you keep saying you'd vote for someone and then staying on this bad case.

magnus is not actually a bad case :eng101:

I found the flaw in your thinking, praise me. And I didn't "keep saying it," I said "you made a bad post" then I said, once "I would vote BK but I'd rather XYZ instead." And then I mentioned I still felt like you were scummy.

I vaguely see where you're coming from but you're grossly exaggerating it.

SirSamVimes posted:

While I agree that I have been pretty useless this game, it seems weird to categorise people based on how active they've been in the game instead of how scummy they are.

nope it's actually pretty sensible, esp. in a game where we almost no-hanged day 1 because people aren't playing mafia. it is the heart and soul of the ecco gambit, which is named for me, because it's something I like to do and it's generally a good idea way more often than not.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Ecco is tied for post count leader and everything she's said this game is white noise. Even the Lumpen List is an attempt to show how much she is following the game without actually playing it.

it's not really a lumpen list.

few people are playing the game so far.

I think I know what you're doing if you're town and I'm telling you it's a good idea but you chose the exact wrong person to do it to, you should really consider changing up your strategy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haven't seen a good old fashioned Ecco gambit in a while.

• Locked thread