Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Pac-Man And The Ghostly Adventures

You're probably at least aware of the semi-new Pac-Man television series, and may also be aware of the accompanying jingle and slogan. Regardless of whether that's your thing, the games might be! The two 3d platformers based on the show are actually fairly well designed, and I think they go beyond what most would expect from a tie-in product. They're colorful, unique, and just plain fun.

This is the first game in the series, and it's structured more or less like a traditional 3d platformer. I say more or less because there are no real collectibles, in spite of the game having a lot of optional areas to visit. The combat is more difficult than its sequel, due to the different enemy design, placement, and the lesser range of Pac's chomp. As it's impossible to 100% the game in any meaningful sense, we'll just be going through all the levels like any old chump. The game is really short, too, so although it technically has one more world than its sequel, don't expect a very long ride.

Thank you all for watching!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Why does Pac burp every time he picks something up and why didn't they record a proper burping sound for that

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Alexeythegreat posted:

Why does Pac burp every time he picks something up and why didn't they record a proper burping sound for that

*speaks at you in belches*

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
First and formost, thanks for LPing Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2.

Secondly, I love that there are multiple tube transitions so you can have Pac either come out of the tubes with style or just land on his head like a dumbass.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only goon who remembers Cubix: Robots for Everyone.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 19, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Chimera-gui posted:

First and formost, thanks for LP Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2.

Secondly, I love that there are multiple tube transitions so you can have Pac either come out of the tubes with style or just land on his head like a dumbass.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only goon who remembers Cubix: Robots for Everyone.

I'm also a poor sap who played the Cubix videogames.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

In World Two, we fight our first boss, The Egg Golem

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
That maze is great

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Alexeythegreat posted:

That maze is great

The one at the end of the world?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
No, I meant the one in the middle of the video. I posted before I finished the video :v:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Alexeythegreat posted:

No, I meant the one in the middle of the video. I posted before I finished the video :v:

Ah yeah, I really dig that.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Before anyone gets their hopes up, I am not recording the arcade mini-games. They are boring and depressing and I can't even bring myself to play them.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's a nice day to go to hell.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Looks like Betrayus is giving us the Cold Shoulder

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Here is fan-art that a friend made for the thread. He thinks Pac-Man looks a lot like the devil.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Memes are the DNA of the soul

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

And thus we reach the end of our very short adventures. I hope you've enjoyed your time with Pacster and his well-designed but short-lived game series.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, a YGO reference in the year 2013? At least the reference also works for the game.

e: oh, and also thanks for the LP, was a fun watch :v:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh wow, a YGO reference in the year 2013? At least the reference also works for the game.

e: oh, and also thanks for the LP, was a fun watch :v:

A what reference?

And sure, no problem. It wasn't all that hard and I would feel weird recording one and not the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GamesAreSupernice posted:

A what reference?

And sure, no problem. It wasn't all that hard and I would feel weird recording one and not the other.

Yu-Gi-Oh, spooky-type characters in that show would keep saying that the good guys don't stand 'a ghost of a chance' to win at card games.

• Locked thread