Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Entropist posted:

I think they also claim to have predicted 9/11, I forgot what song it was that had something about burning towers.

I'm not so sure about that one, can't remember ever hearing about it. Then again I don't think I've read every Laibach interview in existence.

God Is God does mention towers falling but that's a tenuous connection at best and I don't think there's anything else (unless there's something about it in Slovenian somewhere, I guess).

In other news I'm currently working on my master's thesis on inter- and intratextuality in Rammstein's lyrics and I've been able to at least mention all three of my favorite bands :c00l: Kraftwerk, Project Pitchfork and Laibach (especially Laibach) were, after all, all extremely important for Rammstein's development each in their own way so it's all valid stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Oh right, that was the song. I guess I imagined the part about them claiming it then, I cannot find it now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Found a new pretty drat slick Finnish band, gotta plug my countrymen here. It's more straight up insanely well-made, hyperactive electro than industrial but I'm 100 % sure many here would get a kick out of them.

BLASTROMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zIyIAfelTU
Music video for Sidtroen

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpnPh15c7k
This one is actually better than Sidtroen (which is also great)

Both of their albums are on Spotify.

I need to see these dudes live, they have some pretty snazzy live production going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9JuTJDfZvI

How do they do that poo poo live? I'd have a stroke trying to concentrate with that lighting.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I didn't like All the Way Down a ton when I first heard it, but I think that is just because I loved Rag Doll Blues so much. It's really growing on my though and I've been listening to it a lot lately. Those trumpets on the last track remind me of Persona 4 for some reason though and make me laugh.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Hi thread! We just moved to Germany and are pretty excited to maybe make it to some live shows, but in the meantime I've noticed that there are some gothic and industrial-focused magazines with cool stuff like compilation CDs, etc. Anything really stand out from the rest as a solid recommend?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Hi thread! We just moved to Germany and are pretty excited to maybe make it to some live shows, but in the meantime I've noticed that there are some gothic and industrial-focused magazines with cool stuff like compilation CDs, etc. Anything really stand out from the rest as a solid recommend?

The two big ones, Sonic Seducer and Orkus, are by and large very similar (and generally very good, too), I'd say. Can't say you should avoid one or the other, you can happily grab either one if a band you like is a featured artist!

edit: I personally seem to buy Orkus more often since they apparently love Project Pitchfork and have lengthy interviews with them from time to time. That's usually the only reason I buy a magazine.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 30, 2016

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I could not tell you the last time I bought a magazine.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Just got back from Health and can't get over it. In the ballpark for best live show I've ever seen.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Apparently the entirety of the 1986 Transformers movie soundtrack is being covered by industrial artists for an upcoming release.

Caustic are covering the Weird Al track.

Pretty excited about this album tbh

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Preview of the new Youth Code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSIJq0MHq8

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

crystal wrists @douglasjmccarty you're a fool. You're drunk rear end harassed sexually harassed Sara at a show and you think you can comment on her page. Kick rocks you loving washed up idiot

Don't mean to import offsite drama, but damnnnn

[youth code related]

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The guy from Nitzer Ebb?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like McCarthy should watch where his body leans.

:thejoke:
:drat:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 18, 2016

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty posted:

The guy from Nitzer Ebb?

I guess self-control was not the sort he was singing about.

preview is pretty cool though.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Hm. I thought he was a real family man

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Guess he thought there was fun to be had :(

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

Guess he thought there was fun to be had :(

Not when she's murderous.

"Say as many of these as you can, as fast as you can"

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 18, 2016

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Turns out he was getting closer than she was happy about!

Something something Warsaw Ghetto.

Seems I've not listened to enough Nitzer Ebb recently to properly run this into the ground like I want too :(

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Speaking of Youth Code, they've got a four date tour in the UK in May so I'm quite excited about that! Will get to see them at last!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Speaking of Youth Code, they've got a four date tour in the UK in May so I'm quite excited about that! Will get to see them at last!

noice

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
That tweet is invalid because of the misuse of "you're" instead of "your". :smuggo:

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Hmm, for awhile I thought he look like a gay.

(context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u8hNnayUXs)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sounds like a modern PWEI show would still be more than worth attending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bur3Wrqa7yc

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Officially making a habit of getting on stage. First was modulate last year, starting a stage invasion.

Last Friday I saw Syd 31 and Dreams Divide (buddies!) support Faderhead. During the last song Syd 31 always do, a hilarious cover of Mr Vain, Jason motioned me on to the stage and put the microphone in my hand. So that happened.

After the show I moaned at Dreams Divide cos they didn't play my favourite song.
Anyway I decided at last minute to come see them again in London on the last night of tour. And they actually put it on the set.
I freaked out, motioned to dave if I could get on stage and did, singing the chorus with Gems because it's an amazing track. (Complex btw is the name of it)

Annnd I managed to cadge a backstage pass off dreams divide and hung out with them and Faderhead. Sami was mean to me but maybe I was being an annoying tit? Who knows. Marco is easier to get on with but also has a short fuse after a show it seems. Oh well, it was a fun experience anyway!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

teethgrinder posted:

Sounds like a modern PWEI show would still be more than worth attending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bur3Wrqa7yc

I saw them a year or two ago. They were pretty great.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Here's a question: why do bands release special tracks that are on the Japanese only release? TBF I've seen this with tons of other genres as well.

Babby Sathanas posted:

Officially making a habit of getting on stage. First was modulate last year, starting a stage invasion.

Last Friday I saw Syd 31 and Dreams Divide (buddies!) support Faderhead. During the last song Syd 31 always do, a hilarious cover of Mr Vain, Jason motioned me on to the stage and put the microphone in my hand. So that happened.

After the show I moaned at Dreams Divide cos they didn't play my favourite song.
Anyway I decided at last minute to come see them again in London on the last night of tour. And they actually put it on the set.
I freaked out, motioned to dave if I could get on stage and did, singing the chorus with Gems because it's an amazing track. (Complex btw is the name of it)

Annnd I managed to cadge a backstage pass off dreams divide and hung out with them and Faderhead. Sami was mean to me but maybe I was being an annoying tit? Who knows. Marco is easier to get on with but also has a short fuse after a show it seems. Oh well, it was a fun experience anyway!

If the internet rumors mean anything Sami's just like that sometimes. I wonder if he's just an introvert who stumbled into making money off of "in da club" music, but done industrially. Faderhead's still a guilty pleasure for me though.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

Here's a question: why do bands release special tracks that are on the Japanese only release? TBF I've seen this with tons of other genres as well.

If I recall correctly the Japanese music industry has always had higher retail costs, so labels encourage non-Japanese artists to add bonus material to entice people there to buy domestic. Otherwise they could import from the US or UK for less money.

Which is the reason I paid $28 for the newest Sunn O))) album: to get the bonus disc.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Oh man, so good

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/youth-code-commitment-to-complications-interview

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Project Pitchfork's Second Anthology is loving excellent. This time around the remasters of tracks that are like two years old are pretty much pointless, but there are a couple of surprisingly different-sounding ones in there. But it's the new track and the new versions of older songs that we're really here for, aren't we, and those are pretty fantastic. Especially Kaskade tracks sound incredible with a new coat of paint on 'em. Stellar choice of tracks to rerecord as well, Fleischverstärker is the only one I've never been a huge fan of. REALLY hoping Pitchfork adds some of them to their 25-anniversary tour setlists - they already played the new version of View From A Throne on the second part of the Blood tour, so I think there's a good chance they might! I just want to hear Inferno live for once, god damnit!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

That drat band occupies way too much of my listening time.

For ages I'd mainly listened to Eon:Eon and forward, bit of Alpha Omega tossed in. Got the first anthology and loved what I heard. Got hugely into Entities more recently.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, I'm ready for the rest. Preordered the LP

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
THERE'S A SECOND ANTHOLOGY RELEASE?

I'm so excited right now. It's Christmas.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Two CDs I've been listening to a lot recently that might be of interest even though they're not mainstream industrial I guess:

The latest Mlada Fronta release, Outrun, is retrowave as the title might suggest, but with the flourishes, top notch production and unique edge that you expect from a guy with about twenty years of IDM and techno/industrial releases behind him. If you like Perturbator and that sort of stuff, definitely check this out. It's pretty much my favourite retrowave thing now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6wmMoREck

I'm not a big Depeche Mode fan (which is basically heresy in the goth/industrial scene) but I really like Martin Gore's solo release MG from last year. It's mostly a melodic IDM kind of thing that wouldn't be out of place on a label like Tympanik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGw5jOl2sQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI60xdthK5o

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Friday - Saturday was the 10-year anniversary + farewell party of one of the oldest and biggest scene clubs in Finland, SYN/\PSI.

I've now seen Rabia Sorda on the WGT main stage, an arena and yesterday on a tiny rear end boat (actually a photo of Telemark but just wanted to give you an idea of the size of the stage). Works equally well in any live context, really, and with any lineup, which is pretty incredible. This time it was just Erk and a guitarist with everything else coming from a laptop. Erk Aicrag is just one hell of a frontman. Still am not hugely into Rabia Sorda's music but I'll check them out live whenever I get the chance. Same with Hocico, although RS is a lot more interesting musically than Hocico.

Cryo seemed like some good stuff. Although their music seems a bit more straightforward, there was something of a Covenant-ish vibe to them (they are Swedish after all), never a bad thing, that.

If you want to listen to old school EBM with Finnish vocals for whatever reason you should check out Old School Union https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVc2klefDs

I was mystified by how awful the sound was, especially coming from people who've been organizing clubs and live shows for 10 years. The electro stage on the lower deck would've sounded alright were it not for the ridiculous volume and the "rock stage" (where Rabia Sorda played) just sounded atrocious.

e: Can't write

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 28, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's still cool though. I saw Seabound last night. :awesomelon:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also, industrial music in an arena and a tiny-rear end boat!? Europe is so bizarre. Sounds cool as gently caress but still bizarre.

I recently moved to Dallas, which has had an industrial scene stretching back years and years. Anyways, I got to talking with the Seabound drummer (from Alter Der Ruine, and dude drums for a lot of touring industrial groups in North America). Really nice guy and I've seen him several times. He powered through his set while recovering from an illness, too. So there's that. He's tough.

But he told me the scene had improved here considerably over the past few years. Apparently, a few years ago it wasn't so good. Great show and very friendly people in the crowd. (More than I expected, too.)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

New Al Jourgensen thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljgs9Bbe_wU

Babby Sathanas posted:

THERE'S A SECOND ANTHOLOGY RELEASE?

I'm so excited right now. It's Christmas.
I uh ... find it terribly underwhelming.

I don't even mind the late Pitchfork career, but I guess it's less about individual songs for me, and more the feel of the albums.

As a collection this is leaving me a bit cold. The First Anthology introduced me to so much music that I'd missed early in their career that I just loving loved, specifically:

- Caught in the Abattoir
- Lie On Grass
- Entity
- Corps d'Amour
- Green World

Gone back and love those albums too. When I listen to any album from Dream, Tiresias! onward I feel I'm doing it more out of obligation, trying to figure out where the band was going with it. Kind of like the last Seabound album.

Omi-Polari posted:

That's still cool though. I saw Seabound last night. :awesomelon:
Woo! Congrats!! I feel so lucky to have seen them (twice!). Really need to nail down Project Pitchfork and Ashbury Heights at some point.

Did you guys see that there's a Seabound vinyl boxset of "Everything" releasing this year? Kind of cool for collectors I guess. Makes me wonder if they're finishing the project here.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The word 'unlistenable' appears on screen in this video and that word sums up the track nicely. :v:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haha yeah not my thing. But one friend delightfully called it "retro".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

New Al Jourgensen thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljgs9Bbe_wU

I uh ... find it terribly underwhelming.

I don't even mind the late Pitchfork career, but I guess it's less about individual songs for me, and more the feel of the albums.

As a collection this is leaving me a bit cold. The First Anthology introduced me to so much music that I'd missed early in their career that I just loving loved, specifically:

- Caught in the Abattoir
- Lie On Grass
- Entity
- Corps d'Amour
- Green World

Gone back and love those albums too. When I listen to any album from Dream, Tiresias! onward I feel I'm doing it more out of obligation, trying to figure out where the band was going with it. Kind of like the last Seabound album.

You know, I actually agree - as a whole I do feel it's actually somewhat underwhelming, but to me it has to do with the fact that a whole of tracks on it are remastered material released in the last like five years and as such completely unnecessary. The remasters on First Anthology had reason to exist because the old material was old enough to really need a bit of polish to hold up today. HOWEVER, the real meat of Second Anthology are the new song and the rerecorded tracks, of which there are a total of TWELVE. FA had just six. To me that number of reworked songs alone is worth the price of admission (still waiting for my physical copy, gotta have it next to FA), especially since they're really good. Maybe with this Second Anthology PP should've done what Blutengel did with Nemesis and only release the reworked tracks.

There's no accounting for tastes, but I can see why you'd feel that way about the later albums, especially after Quantum Mechanics, which was just a kind of a mess. I, however, think especially BLACK and Blood have had clear directions, with BLACK as the pinnacle of the post-Kaskade Pitchfork sound, and Blood as a lateral move into more "conceptual" album whole, including its overall sound.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 1, 2016