Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
gently caress, he found us out, jumpy. Can I get a better quality sock next time? This one smells like gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Tae is one of my sockpuppets actually.

However, DoctorStrangleove is one of mine.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Supremezero posted:

gently caress, he found us out, jumpy. Can I get a better quality sock next time? This one smells like gym.

You get one, they don't degrade anymore.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

However, DoctorStrangleove is one of mine.

Nice job putting spoilers in the thread title.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

W.T. Fits posted:

Haven't been following the thread too closely because of how fast it moves. I've got Fates preloaded on my 3DS, can I just set the clock forward to get access to the game, or did Nintendo anticipate that potential work around?

If it were that easy we would all be playing it now. Preload works like in Steam where there are decryption files that need to be downloaded before you can play, and they will not be made available until sometime in the very near future.

Levantine posted:

So when does the game actually go live? I am waiting on a Special Edition from Gamestop but they haven't shipped yet so I'm seriously considering just going digital then selling it on Ebay or something.

Preload countdown is ticking over at 7pm EST. So either that or 12am.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Everyone is my sock puppet as I am a socktopus.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Levantine posted:

So when does the game actually go live? I am waiting on a Special Edition from Gamestop but they haven't shipped yet so I'm seriously considering just going digital then selling it on Ebay or something.

Sell it to me. :angel:

It'll probably be mid morning in whatever timezone NOA's HQ is in.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I'm my own sockpuppet now.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

It was your penance for actually getting the game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

I'm my own sockpuppet now.

Thus have we achieved Sockception.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Senerio posted:

The Windows 95 CD only had 2954 games on it.:ssh:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Windows 95 CD only had 2954 games on it.:ssh:

Looks like someone wasn't good enough at game #2365.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Looks like someone wasn't good enough at game #2365.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

This changes everything!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol hope this pirate guy is playing on casual

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate isn't even a class in Fates.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fire Emblem: Fates - We're a real family now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Pirate isn't even a class in Fates.

Making Ross a pirate always felt wrong, cause he idolizes his dad, but he was the only option for Pirate so i had to do it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I don't even think it was a good class, but we all have to make sacrifices

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pirate is good because it promotes into Berserker. Pirate Ross is pretty straightforwardly the option to take.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

berserker is the best class in the gba games

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I wonder if anyone will legit say they miss terrain penalties in Fates. Like I could maybe see someone disappointed there isn't any usage of fog of war or anything like that, but like for some reason they really liked the obligatory desert maps and only being able to move most units one or two spaces at a time.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I do remember Berserker Ross being unstoppable, I just couldn't remember if he could also get it going down the Fighter path

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder if anyone will legit say they miss terrain penalties in Fates. Like I could maybe see someone disappointed there isn't any usage of fog of war or anything like that, but like for some reason they really liked the obligatory desert maps and only being able to move most units one or two spaces at a time.

There are still terrain penalties iirc, considering one of Takumi's bow's effects is negating them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mandatory lesbian posted:

I do remember Berserker Ross being unstoppable, I just couldn't remember if he could also get it going down the Fighter path

Fighter's options were Warrior and Hero, same as always.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also Knight Amelia was pretty good, but she was my favorite character in Stones so i'm biased as heck

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Never really bothered me all that much as long as there weren't a ton of them. Variety is fun

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Fighter's options were Warrior and Hero, same as always.

I don't really like Fighters in any of the games i've played so I don't really remember what they class change into cause I mostly bench them after the first few chapters

Yes I know that means I'm usually missing Ax-Users but eh I can deal with it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It depends on the map. Most desert maps in the series just use them as inconveniences, not actual challenges, and the snow levels are even worse.

I don't really like Fighters in any of the games i've played so I don't really remember what they class change into cause I mostly bench them after the first few chapters

if you ever play FE5 you'll learn to love fighters. othin and halvan are gods.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Well, rejoice, for this game is the exception and lets them promote to Berserkers :haw:

Because Warrior isn't a thing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Well, rejoice, for this game is the exception and lets them promote to Berserkers :haw:

Also ladies can be berserkers.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Oh yeah, I like that change

Junpei Hyde posted:

Also ladies can be berserkers.

double oh yeah, i like that change

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dudes can be peg knights too, but if you're not going all axes all the time, I dunno what to tell you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they removed all the gender-exclusive classes (except for dlc classes, but at least girls can be dread fighters)

this is a good change

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Peri reclass to Berserker should be mandatory

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Junpei Hyde posted:

Dudes can be peg knights too, but if you're not going all axes all the time, I dunno what to tell you.

They can also be Troubadours!

And yet, for some reason, they still split up priest based on gender! Progressiveness!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Sucks to be them though, pretty sure you can't get DLC with pirated games without a whole lotta work.

From what I've read, making DLC work with pirated games is the same as installing the game in the first place.

I do know that with the Fan Translation, to make Invisible Kingdom work, you have to use NTR CFW's language plugin first and that's like a 10 second job every time you boot your 3DS.

So basically, playing the DLC is very simple.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

do I really have to wait seven more hours to play this game?

come on

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

voltcatfish posted:

do I really have to wait seven more hours to play this game?

come on

Or 12.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

They can also be Troubadours!

And yet, for some reason, they still split up priest based on gender! Progressiveness!
tbf it's a japanese cultural thing. mikos with bows and monks with spears is a Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Or 1000. :australia:

• Locked thread