Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
And I thought I hated Red Bull before I watched their 2016 livery reveal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1MwmMj3n2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

IWC makes fairly classy watches. And they're German and they sponsor the Germanest team with a Germanic German from Germany on it.

Except they are Swiss.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Riso posted:

Except they are Swiss.

Same Same.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

That RB livery is vile. Looks like the driver has vomited out of their helmet down a long straight at great speed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Breaking News: Wildly inconsistent feisty Asian Driver with government sponsorship signs for a potential mid field Manor.

:allears:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

meh, haryanto has a mediocre junior record but it's no more mediocre than anyone else in frame for the drive. still superior to guys like karthikeyan.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

POCKET CHOMP posted:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

That "dancing" though. loving handstands and flips and poo poo? what the poo poo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure which I liked best, the awkward looking mechanics not being able to get out of the way for the press shots, or Kvyat and Ricciado's embarrassment.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Holy poo poo this gave me a fairly good chuckle. You have to admire just how douchey that was, they really know their target demo.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

CoffeeBooze posted:

Yeah, I was just looking at the Martini livery again. It would work perfectly for a boy or a girl, it matches the other room well enough, and my wife would be ok with it. I think its a very good option despite being associated with alcohol.

You Am I posted:

Might as well start them off early.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It does look like the blue on the Red Bull is actually fairly matte, and it wasn't just the dry ice making it look that way. Which is almost interesting, but isn't.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I've found Brainwrong's new av:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That reveal was hilarious.

I dig the mate paint.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

Except they are Swiss.

Swiss aren't real.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

....wait, what? Did you just miss the weeks worth of Haas news that's been everywhere?

Yes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hold up, is that a 2014 dick nose on that Red bull? http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/?attachment_id=312460 Yup. That's a a dick nose.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Pretty good looking car, TBH

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Hold up, is that a 2014 dick nose on that Red bull? http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/?attachment_id=312460 Yup. That's a a dick nose.

That's not the 2016 car, that was just a "livery launch". Compare and contrast with this photo of the RB11 from Abu Dhabi

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah. Shows you how much attention I've been paying to Red bull otherwise I would have mocked the dick nose properly at the time. drat thing looks like a 7 year old child has been given some paint and a book of stickers.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Ah. Shows you how much attention I've been paying to Red bull otherwise I would have mocked the dick nose properly at the time. drat thing looks like a 7 year old child has been given some paint and a book of stickers.

I'd say you've given Red Bull about as much attention as they merit

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Also why has it occurred to no one with Puma sponsoring half the grid to hit up Adidas and have them play up their traditional rivalry?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Also why has it occurred to no one with Puma sponsoring half the grid to hit up Adidas and have them play up their traditional rivalry?

There's only one Slav on the grid and he's wearing Puma, the battle's already won.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fila Fresh.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I still buy Fila poo poo thanks to them sponsoring Brabham. That's incredible ROI, its still paying out 30 years later.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have several pairs of Fila shoes because I like to pretend I'm Nelson Piquet.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I dunno much about this Indonesian guy but it looks like he could be a new de Cesaris and that's a good thing.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Broken Britain indeed. You would have thought Christian Haliwell could have got his husband to reform the band and do this again:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

D C posted:

stripes around the room then the circle bit with the kids name in it.

[edit] Name your kid Martin or Martina.

Name your kid Lewis, or Winston

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Seriously, when the Renault was launched I thought 'what a great looking car' and that's from a team/DNA imbedded team that I don't particularly like. What a contrast to my revulsion of the RedBull effort. That thing is goddam hideous.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Renault is last year's Lotus which does rather prove the point that the livery matters.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Renault was disappointing only because that team has some of the best liveries in the 80s for me. If that was rolled out on a Force India or a Sauber I'd be praising it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The digital numbers were cool.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

mclaren are sponsored by asics

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren are sponsored by asics

McLaren Suck rear end

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

track day bro! posted:

McLaren Suck rear end

Alonso and Jenson are good and cool

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Alonso and Jenson are good and cool

Rest in peace.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The two most dreamy and wonderful guys in the most boring and nonfunctional team. F1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

when mclaren win in melbourne they will dispense with the traditional champagne and instead shower the podium in your tears

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

be nice wicka posted:

when mclaren win in melbourne they will dispense with the traditional champagne and instead shower the podium in your tears

Tears of joy, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Red bull in getting desperate shocker.

(Are Dan ordered to lay off the pies and to lose 5kg or his car will be overweight) http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricciardo-told-to-shed-weight-before-f1-season-674185/

• Locked thread