Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I sure hate those Iraqis for killing soldiers after we invaded them for made up reasons whoo boy glad we took care of that problem

You shouldn't need to hate a population or even have any feeling about them at all to recognize they provide no relative worth to the world. I don't hate the Apaches, Iroquois, or Comanches or any other Native American tribes, but America and the world are better places with them gone. Similarly, Iraq would be better served as home to East Tel Aviv or West Shanghai than by Baghdad.

If we were going to create a new country populated by a sui generis people I don't think anyone would vote for "violent, lazy, inbred retards who believe in transparent nonsense." So why not regret their existence? I'm all about non-violent, semi-inbred, hard-working smart people who believe in transparent nonsense. Maybe what Iraq really needs is Salt Lake City East.

Anyway, I don't hate Iraqis. They're just a bad idea (one of many in the world!) that somehow escaped the lab.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
That's something I'll have to ponder, and more well reasoned than the "NUKE THE DESERT TILL ITS GLASS TRUMP 2016" response I was expecting.

But if we're going to get rid of cultures and stuff for the reasons you named, then really, the American South should probably be on that list above Iraqis.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Some famous American South contributions to the world:

1. Coca-cola
2. Jazz
3. The moon landings
4. Civil war

Some famous Iraqi contributions to the world:

1. Rape rooms
2. Donkey loving
3. Destruction of the Mesopotamian marshes
4. Civil war

Let's call it a tie.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Anyway, the Army wouldn't exist in anything close to its existing form without the American South, so I guess gently caress the south and gently caress the Army.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Did any of you guys ever deal with the IED divining rods?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Yes, they were all the rage in Mosul in 2009. We had some heated conversations in my platoon and among PLs about how they had to be complete bullshit. I had to go periodically inspect/help outer city checkpoints and my pucker factor went up a lot when I realized this was the technique being used to keep explosive precursors and finished bombs out of the city.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

this one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
 “There are decent Jews, after all!” — Counterargument: “This little phrase ‘after all’ proves that they are rare exceptions of no significance to our battle against Jewry as a whole. But Martin Luther saw four hundred years ago that this “decency,” proven by charitable deeds done in as public a manner as possible, is nothing but a hidden cost of business, to repaid a thousand times by uneducated Germans. “Know, dear Christian, and have no doubts about it, that next to the Devil you have no more bitter, poisonous and determined enemy than a genuine Jew. . . If they do something good for you, it is not because they love you, but because they need room to live with us, so they have to do something. But their heart remains as I have said!”

But with Iraqis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Slithery D posted:

Yes, they were all the rage in Mosul in 2009. We had some heated conversations in my platoon and among PLs about how they had to be complete bullshit. I had to go periodically inspect/help outer city checkpoints and my pucker factor went up a lot when I realized this was the technique being used to keep explosive precursors and finished bombs out of the city.

that's the poo poo I'm talking about. Dude almost got away with it and probably still has millions in the bank for when he gets out of prison in a few years.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I watched an Iraqi "EOD expert" beat an EFPIED to pieces with a long stick until the electronics fell off of it. He then looked over at us sagely and said: "It's ok now."

He also put on gloves before beating the explosives with a stick. Gotta be safe.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I watched an Iraqi "EOD expert" beat an EFPIED to pieces with a long stick until the electronics fell off of it. He then looked over at us sagely and said: "It's ok now."

He also put on gloves before beating the explosives with a stick. Gotta be safe.

I encountered an Iraqi EOD team that was one officer with a rifle and one private with a gripper stick like old people use to pick things up. Apparently the plan was the one guy would shoot the suspicious box up, then the other guy would use his stick to shake it apart.

They gratefully accepted my offer to call US EOD, since this was like 5 minutes outside FOB Marez.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Don't worry, I'll give you next Saturday off. OH! AND I'll throw in Sunday too!

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
I actually think beating an EFP with a stick would be pretty relatively safe, provided you weren't standing in the direction it fires.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
IEDs are only for crusaders, not true believers.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Slithery D posted:

Some famous American South contributions to the world:

1. Coca-cola
2. Jazz
3. The moon landings
4. Civil war

Some famous Iraqi contributions to the world:

1. Rape rooms
2. Donkey loving
3. Destruction of the Mesopotamian marshes
4. Civil war

Let's call it a tie.

If this is really a thing you believe is reasonable, you are the one that we would be better off without.

You're a racist if anyone hasn't told you.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 18, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wish army subredditors would attempt posting here. I could use a laugh and GiP needs a replacement Slippery.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Slippery wasn't bad, just, oddly optimistic, but he was a noble in the USAF so I think thats about as good as you can get in the mainstream military.

I need to check out this Army subreddit. I hope it's half as good as the hilarious AKO forums. I hope people post their rank and follow customs and courtesy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Slippery inspired this, and that's going to be difficult to top.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Obstacle2 posted:

If this is really a thing you believe is reasonable, you are the one that we would be better off without.

You're a racist if anyone hasn't told you.

I'm interested in your alternative list! Iraqis and Americans aren't races if anyone hasn't told you. I think you need to look in your own heart and why you projected race on to this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Slithery D posted:

I'm interested in your alternative list! Iraqis and Americans aren't races if anyone hasn't told you. I think you need to look in your own heart and why you projected race on to this.

This is the same tired poo poo all weirdo racists say when someone points out their hosed up ways of thinking. You made it about race by comparing Native Americans (a race) to Iraqis. Its pretty clear you could just as comfortably said Arabs rather than Iraqis.

If you compare the amount of human suffering that has come from the actions of Iraqi's and that of the United States in some list, America would be far less deserving of a place in the world. But that is totally loving stupid because it lacks any nuance. You know, like how racists think.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 18, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

whatracistsactuallybelieve.txt

Thanks professor BORING.

Hey! Why does the Navy use powdered soap? It takes longer to pick up! HA!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Just like the army, this thread is loving horrible.

:gas:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Obstacle2 posted:

This is the same tired poo poo all weirdo racists say when someone points out their hosed up ways of thinking. You made it about race by comparing Native Americans (a race) to Iraqis.

If you compare the amount of human suffering that has come from the actions of Iraqi's and that of the United States in some list, America would be far less deserving of a place in the world. But that is totally loving stupid because it lacks any nuance. You know, like how racists think.

Did you have anything to contribute other than some ranting and spittle? Drop your paypal account, I'll see if I can get you off the street for a couple of nights, get you a shower so your fellow public library patrons don't have to deal with the smell of urine.

If you'd like to return to the conversation, please point out where I compared Native Americans to Iraqis (I didn't). And even if I had, neither Americans nor Iraqis are single racial countries. I suppose a racist might see them that way, though. Again, why are you racistly reading non-white and non-Arabs out of American/Iraqi history and political participation? Seriously, stop projecting.

LOL at the human suffering thing, though, that's pretty funny.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The army charged me for my permissive tdy and travel dates during pcs, housing refused to stamp my leave form, sent me to my S1, who had me re do a leave form, then made a memo, took it to finance, who kicked it back, and told me to go to housing, which then told me that I needed a new leave form from the unit I PCSed from 4 and a half months ago, in Korea, signed by an O-5. Oh yeah and he told me they couldn't return my travel days to me because "the finance director believes if you have leave days you should use them for traveling between posts"

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Oh yeah and my DA31 for terminal leave needs to be done in the next month and a half so of my leave doesn't get fixed by then, "I guess you'll just have 12 less days of terminal leave" thanks civilian housing guy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

The army charged me for my permissive tdy and travel dates during pcs, housing refused to stamp my leave form, sent me to my S1, who had me re do a leave form, then made a memo, took it to finance, who kicked it back, and told me to go to housing, which then told me that I needed a new leave form from the unit I PCSed from 4 and a half months ago, in Korea, signed by an O-5. Oh yeah and he told me they couldn't return my travel days to me because "the finance director believes if you have leave days you should use them for traveling between posts"

Snag the regs and if they refuse to obey policy sic the IG on them.

*after you explain it to them. Don't just run to the IG first. They'll laugh at you.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Ace of Baes posted:

The travel days thing is a slam dunk, IG that poo poo. I hope you kept your original leave form and did have approved for PTDY, because while housing should have stamped it, IG might or might not be willing to help out without the evidence.

spacetoaster posted:

Snag the regs and if they refuse to obey policy sic the IG on them.

*after you explain it to them. Don't just run to the IG first. They'll laugh at you.

If a finance director has to have it explained to him that he can't charge leave for travel days because he feels like it then holy gently caress.

The Slithery D fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 18, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, it's in regs stating you get that time for free. Slap him in the face with IG dick.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Slithery D posted:

If a finance director has to have it explained to him that he can't charge leave for travel days because he feels like it then holy gently caress.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He sounds like a butt though.

I was a deputy G-1 for a two star command and I certainly didn't know every single freaking HR reg and policy.

*edit* The IG is going to ask you if you showed him/her the reg. They might call over there and do it for you, but I doubt you want to be "that guy" at your new unit.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Slithery D posted:

If you'd like to return to the conversation, please point out where I compared Native Americans to Iraqis (I didn't)

The Slithery D posted:

You shouldn't need to hate a population or even have any feeling about them at all to recognize they provide no relative worth to the world. I don't hate the Apaches, Iroquois, or Comanches or any other Native American tribes, but America and the world are better places with them gone. Similarly, Iraq would be better served as home to East Tel Aviv or West Shanghai than by Baghdad.

I hope you get help you have some pretty obvious issues.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Obstacle2 posted:

Oooooooo, droppin sick burns in internet fights! Yeah!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'll be PCSing in like 2 months, still not all that sure how that poo poo works. Doesn't seem like any of the guys that already PCSed have been hosed over in the process yet. Curious to see how many days I get to move all my poo poo 3000 miles and then find a new place to live.

Talked to a MCCC CPT today that was at Lewis, said Lacey is a good place to live since I'll be on North Fort. Was surprised to learn that some LT's live in Seattle and don't mind the commute. I put it into google maps and it's over an hour to drive like 35 miles, loving crazy.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Obstacle2 posted:

"You wouldn't hit a screw with a hammer, because it's the wrong tool. Similarly, you shouldn't shoot a tank with a .45."

Did I just compare a screw and a tank? What conclusions can we draw from this supposed comparison?

Anyway, same to you. Given that our society rightly comes down pretty hard on racists, I'm afraid your mask is eventually going to slip and they're going to find you out. Writing black/Hispanic people out of America (after I gave you a list with jazz on it, no less) and the brutally oppressed Kurds out of Iraq and trying to invent a racial angle that doesn't exist just doesn't look very good. Have you thought about just keeping your racist feelings/views to yourself rather than trying to distract people by falsely accusing others?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah don't go live in Seattle. I-5 traffic is loving horrible, all the choke points are in Seattle, federal way, the curve near the Tacoma Dome, and everything near Lewis. Also Washington drivers are retards.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Shut the gently caress up you loving retards.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It's my fault, I initially took the bait, sorry GIP

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Mustang posted:

I'll be PCSing in like 2 months, still not all that sure how that poo poo works. Doesn't seem like any of the guys that already PCSed have been hosed over in the process yet. Curious to see how many days I get to move all my poo poo 3000 miles and then find a new place to live.

You get one day of free, uncharged leave for every 400 miles or portion thereof you move on a PCS. Spell out exactly what's going on in the memo area. "Service member will take leave from X to Y. Service member is authorized 8 days of uncharged travel time, so chargeable leave will run from X+8 until blah blah. Service member is also authorized 10 days PTDY, etc."

Makes it harder to gently caress up.

You absolutely have to get your departing O5 to sign off on PTDY and have it on your leave form when you depart. People will tell you that you can get it authorized when you arrive, and technically that's possible, maybe, but LOL. It won't happen in 9/10 cases.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

Talked to a MCCC CPT today that was at Lewis, said Lacey is a good place to live since I'll be on North Fort. Was surprised to learn that some LT's live in Seattle and don't mind the commute. I put it into google maps and it's over an hour to drive like 35 miles, loving crazy.

Yeah. If you live on North Fort try to get on post housing, or look for DuPont. DO NOT LIVE NORTH OF BASE LIKE TACOMA OR well I guess Lakewood would be ok, if you can stomach the violence.

I live in Lacey. It's not bad, but the drive sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It's my fault, I initially took the bait, sorry GIP

Hey HCT, I showed your salty sayings from a page or two back to a buddy of mine that's been in for about 24 years. He was in tears laughing by the end and said you should publish them in a book or a daily calendar or whatever. So there ya go.

• Locked thread