Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Waffleman_ posted:

She wore them after she got out of the pool, presumably not having a lot of time to dry off.

Even with drying, her hair would smell all chlorine-y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
To fix her hair she could just shower and use Chloe's shampoo and stuff, but yeah her clothes would be soaked (at the very least her shirt would be from her bra) and laundry is a lot more complicated than a shower

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I finally caught up with this LP, and got the ability to vote!

Bacon all the way, B's!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

McKilligan posted:

Damnit people is Max is ever truly going to dunk that nerd she needs gains! Eggs and Bacon.

Nope. Carb load forever.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
I could be mistaken but I think that this is the only major decision so far that Max's internal monolog hasn't second guessed. Normally Max agonizes over each of these decisions (like in taking the money Max feels bad taking the money but if you don't take it she'll feel bad for letting Chloe down) but here she seems pretty happy to have kissed Chloe (though for unclear reasons). I'd be sort of curious to know what her internal monolog says if you don't kiss.

also Pancakes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Captian Nuke posted:

I could be mistaken but I think that this is the only major decision so far that Max's internal monolog hasn't second guessed. Normally Max agonizes over each of these decisions (like in taking the money Max feels bad taking the money but if you don't take it she'll feel bad for letting Chloe down) but here she seems pretty happy to have kissed Chloe (though for unclear reasons). I'd be sort of curious to know what her internal monolog says if you don't kiss.

also Pancakes

I was thinking the same thing, I'm kinda curious what she says if you don't, but I also don't want there to be any timelines where Chloe remains unkissed by our time travelling dork-lord

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Danaru posted:

I was thinking the same thing, I'm kinda curious what she says if you don't, but I also don't want there to be any timelines where Chloe remains unkissed by our time travelling dork-lord

She thinks "I love that Chloe is so fearless" in a really wistful tone, like she's already considering rewinding for the smooch. Here's a clip of it!

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
Interesting.

Also wow is Chloe passive aggressive in that clip. She may be affecting a playful attitude throughout this section but she's clearly pissed if Max doesn't kiss her.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Captian Nuke posted:

Interesting.

Also wow is Chloe passive aggressive in that clip. She may be affecting a playful attitude throughout this section but she's clearly pissed if Max doesn't kiss her.

That's Our Chloe!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You know, I keep thinking that if you actually went for that landslide vote, I'd be the one bit on the other side. Not homophobic, rather... Chloe-phobic, would be the word?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I actually really like Chloe a lot, and I think she and Max make a good pair. :shobon: Max is so shy and anti-social, having someone reckless like Chloe really drags her out of her shell and lets her live her life a bit more to its fullest. Chloe meanwhile needs someone to ground her and remind her that there's good in the world, and Max does that in spades.
Honestly no matter how many times I've seen the pool scene, it always really endears me to Chloe. Specifically the unguarded expression she makes when Max undresses to jump in, and the conversation following where she just dumps her heart out ("You're like the smartest, most talented person I've ever known."). That scene is really the first time we've seen her without walls up and god GOD. Gotta smash that kiss button all over again.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Max and Chloe are fine as best friends but nothing more. This is important because we are all know Max's real love has to be with Warren because goon love is the only kind of romance worth supporting. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, sure. It starts out well enough with homemade bombs and Fullmetal Alchemist.

But then he wants to dress up as Dr. Zaius in the bedroom.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
Panzer Skank I just want to wish you luck with your LP. Life Is Strange is a great game and if more people get to see it, that's A-OK with me! It was easly my GOTY last year!

DropsySufferer posted:

Max and Chloe are fine as best friends but nothing more. This is important because we are all know Max's real love has to be with Warren because goon love is the only kind of romance worth supporting. :colbert:

Hold on now, lets not say anything we cant take back.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DropsySufferer posted:

Warren is almost enough to turn me straight.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Warren Did Nothing Wrong.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Warren is a lovable dork. He must still be dunked at all opportunities, but maybe smooch him after.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Panzer Skank posted:

I actually really like Chloe a lot, and I think she and Max make a good pair. :shobon: Max is so shy and anti-social, having someone reckless like Chloe really drags her out of her shell and lets her live her life a bit more to its fullest. Chloe meanwhile needs someone to ground her and remind her that there's good in the world, and Max does that in spades.
Honestly no matter how many times I've seen the pool scene, it always really endears me to Chloe. Specifically the unguarded expression she makes when Max undresses to jump in, and the conversation following where she just dumps her heart out ("You're like the smartest, most talented person I've ever known."). That scene is really the first time we've seen her without walls up and god GOD. Gotta smash that kiss button all over again.

I agree completely. Chloe reminds me a lot of my own gay teen crush, so I suppose I'm biased toward her, but they make a great pair and the story so far doesn't really seem the same to me if we assume Max isn't at least interested.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Gay Max makes her obliviousness/disinterest toward Warren make more sense, too. She doesn't think of him that way, so the obvious signs go over her head, or get ignored, or interpreted as a "just close friends" thing. I assume if we were making Max reciprocate with him we could see Chloe's hints in the same light.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Everything is better with gay teens. That's just a simple fact. You're doing God's work, Panzer. Smash that kiss button and never stop.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I agree completely. Chloe reminds me a lot of my own gay teen crush, so I suppose I'm biased toward her, but they make a great pair and the story so far doesn't really seem the same to me if we assume Max isn't at least interested.

See in my case Chloe reminds me of someone who attempted to wreck my life over me rejecting her teen crush on account of not being attracted to that gender, so I'm pretty biased against her. :v:

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
The best relationships are the ones where you can learn from and help to grow the other person. For example, Max needs to know every goddamn thing and Chloe kind of knows how to pick locks. Give their relationship a month or two and Max won't have to rely on people leaving their pregnancy tests out in the open to get at them.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Warren is a lovable dork. He must still be dunked at all opportunities, but maybe smooch him after.

That's Brooke's job tbh.

We are just 100% dunkage.

He got an A- because he forgot basic chemistry and blew himself up.

Or woul've if we hadn't rescued his nerd rear end

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

See in my case Chloe reminds me of someone who attempted to wreck my life over me rejecting her teen crush on account of not being attracted to that gender, so I'm pretty biased against her. :v:

Oh yeah, one of the problems with media that connects to people's teenage experience is that it can always cut either way, since teens are generally really bad at being decent people.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Good morning lovely thread! Time for a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Ah what a relaxing morning. Well, let's try to find a way to ruin it literally immediately.:siren:

Today's poll: closed!

Here are the new journal pages:

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 27, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The people have spoken. You can stop the poll now.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Air is lava! posted:

The people have spoken. You can stop the poll now.

Haha I honestly hope my commentary doesn't sway the vote in either direction!! I just wanted to make it clear what the outcome was on Joyce and David as the game doesn't really do a good job of communicating it (which i feel isn't really on purpose).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
From what I could tell of Joyce's posture, she seems defeated either way you go. Siding with David just keeps Joyce in the dark about some rather unsettling things that David is doing (surveillance both at Blackwell, and, more troubling, at home). Joyce might be better off letting the house cool off as far as David and Chloe also. And its interesting to note that Joyce leaves a chance for David to come back, instead of just kicking him out for good, if you side with Chloe.

Chloe might not be a saint, but the family might be better off with all of David's shady as gently caress doings being revealed.

epilepticsheep
Apr 9, 2015
I say that we side with Chloe. I don't think that we are forcing Joyce and David to break up in that scenario. It's not like we are lying and making up stories in order to cause a rift we are stating the facts and allowing Joyce to use this knowledge of her own accord. If this is an issue that would severely impact the relationship it is better for her to find out sooner than later. Is it better for her to not know how obsessed and creepy her husband is or for her to be blind to the scenario and thus is not informed as to whether she wants to stay in the relationship. I also think that due to the quickness of her decision (she didn't really question David about it, she could have easily assumed Max was lying or at least not have made such a quick judgement) she has had some doubts about him in the past. Whilst this may cause heartbreak for the moment and is a bit lovely I think that Joyce deserves to know (and hopefully meet someone less lovely in the future).If I was in a situation like this I would absolutely want to know. It's not Max's fault that David is lovely after all.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
It's a tough one – on the one hand, if this breaks them up, there's probably a lot of underlying tension and staying together is not a good idea for them. On the other hand, it really feels like David actually has a good reason for all his surveillance.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Given the poo poo that Chloe is involved in, and the whole thing about a gun being stolen from his locker, I find it difficult to blame David for his general actions. With Nathan Prescott on the loose, it seems also deeply foolish to have Joyce in the house alone. We can't afford to alienate a potential ally just so that Chloe gets her kicks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
David's an rear end in a top hat, but he's also seems like the closest thing to a 'good guy' adult in this game. He's basically Javert, he thinks he's doing a good thing without realizing how bonkers it is. It could be PTSD, or just the effects of military conditioning.

I really like David as a character. He's deeply flawed but he really does seem to be doing his best. The fact that he was the only one who even tried to do anything (besides Max of course) when Kate was going to jump really stuck out for me. :saddowns:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's also kinda douchey to hold the fact that he is investigating the Rachel Amber/Kate Marsh connection against him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm actually sorta bummed that you erased the call from the police on the answering machine. If you don't do that, David actually covers for Chloe and tells them that she was home the whole evening.

He really does care and wants to protect his family.
To bad the thread will decide not to give him a chance.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Leaving Chloe's feelings out of this, I'm not sure we should help David hide his creepy behaviour from his wife. She does deserve to know, and if he can't sufficiently explain or justify his actions to her, she has every right to ask him to leave.

I do think he does have reasons for the surveillance, but he needs to discuss it with Joyce, not cover it up.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I love David, he is my favorite character in this whole game

That said, we are a Gay Teen and if there's one thing that teens do it's siding with the person they're crushing on/dating over any authority figure

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate on the files on Max. We saw with Rachel that he was snooping around and catching some illegal business. Then with Kate, while he may have been completely wrong on what happened there, he was trying to figure out who brought the drugs to the party. Reading through the list of events, I can kind of see how he thought Kate might be responsible and holding a guilty conscious - with the big assumption that he had no clue about her video. So while he's doing a lot of surveillance he really is trying to clean things up at the school.

As for Max, we did kind of show up unexpectedly at his home and he seems like the kind of person who doesn't like to be surprised. He "caught" us dealing weed to Chloe, so it's not surprising that he's going to keep tabs on Max for that. He thinks we're a bad influence on Chloe (hilariously, it's probably the other way around) so we probably shouldn't be too surprised to see Max on his list of drug suspects.

Creepy? From anyone on that list's perspective, totally. But not without justification.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Air is lava! posted:

I'm actually sorta bummed that you erased the call from the police on the answering machine. If you don't do that, David actually covers for Chloe and tells them that she was home the whole evening.

He really does care and wants to protect his family.
To bad the thread will decide not to give him a chance.

His motivation for this is actually covered by Chloe at the start of the school break in section when she says he'd never let her fall into the hands of the local police (implying it's so he can punish her himself).

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
One thing to note is that Max IS doing tons of illegal poo poo with Chloe. It's not like she is some saint that is being unfairly accused by David. He did catch her with weed on Day 1, she was loving around with guns in a junk yard, and she totally DID break into Blackwell the night before. David is actually being logical about trying to keep an eye on her.

This is actually one of the reasons I dislike Chloe a lot. While she is apparently reminding some of you as your gay high school crush, she is reminding me a lot of a dude I was friends with who slowly went down a dark path all on his own. I was good buds with him for a long time and in high school he started doing more and more illegal poo poo and totally was dragging me into it because I didn't want to be a dork and stop hanging out with my friend. I eventually ditched him senior year of high school when he wanted to transport drugs using my car and I basically lucked out because he ended up in jail not 3 months later. Chloe just reeks of the same type of person, who is making an otherwise good friend act more and more out of character in the name of adventure but is just giving her friend a fast track to a criminal record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Panzer Skank posted:

His motivation for this is actually covered by Chloe at the start of the school break in section when she says he'd never let her fall into the hands of the local police (implying it's so he can punish her himself).

That's probably more Chole's interpretation of his motivation though.

• Locked thread