Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

dolvak is one of the coolest, most charismatic sc enthusiast the community has to offer

Is he that kid that runs the Inn network page? Dude looks like he's twelve. Someone should warn him about seraph. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Mirificus posted:

If you're wondering what Rajafa has been up to lately: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rajafa

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR posted:

Well, well, what do we have here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46gf49/excessive_troll_accounts_posting_here/d05398o

Isn't using multiple accounts to avoid bans grounds for a global ban of all your Reddit accounts?

Reddit posted:

Prohibited behavior

In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on Reddit
  • Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
  • Breaking Reddit or doing anything that interferes with normal use of Reddit
  • Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think most people are no longer excited about star citizen but don't want to admit they've wasted money on it.

i think this is true. any momentum the project had has been completely eroded. if they want a few more WhaleBucks to flow throw their accounts they need to show something new and exciting or that progress is being made

basically they need to show something they just don't have

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
Well this is interesting. I was testing the ballistic tolerances of various models of ships I acquired in the PTU (spelled POS). I was purely doing for the sake of Alpha testing since I am a no refund backer. As usual the tech demo locked up and after I reconnected I am no longer able to connect to anything but my hanger. I wonder who I pissed off....lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Star Citizen: It went from awkward to great

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Sandweed posted:

Are anyone of you guys in the Dreadnought Alpha?

I'm Sandweed on there to

EDIT: Putting this here cause it's badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrU6YqyTO_s

Dreadnought actually looks kinda fun, interesting style.

It looks like it's been playable for over a year, unlike Star Citizen.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Visionaries hate him! Dead gay website discovered one weird trick for taking down $110M AAA juggernauts!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Variable 5 posted:

Is he that kid that runs the Inn network page? Dude looks like he's twelve. Someone should warn him about seraph. :ohdear:

That's CMDR cruisin

Dolvak is the vaping neckbeard without a bow tie (see my post on the previous page)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah it was in the PM your buddy sent me

Well, I'm kind of new to this reddit thing. What's the process for getting this little bitch banned? I presume the /r/starcitizen mods are useless if for nothing else because the offense took place in the Elite Dangerous sub. Do we report him to those mods? What if they do nothing, do we contact Reddit global mods?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

A nice thing to do in game at the moment is float above the station and wait until someone spawns a ship, say a Freelancer, then in chat annoy someone else by constantly telling them that their ship is terrible and no way could it ram 'my' Freelancer off the landing pad. Then just watch and laugh.

:vince:

What's the success rate on this game within a game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

G0RF posted:

That's CMDR cruisin

Dolvak is the vaping neckbeard without a bow tie (see my post on the previous page)

CMDR Cruisin has a rep for screaming at maximum volume into the mic right?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

CMDR Cruisin has a rep for screaming at maximum volume into the mic right?
Yes. Each has their own distinct repugnance. Screaming is his.

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

peter gabriel posted:

A nice thing to do in game at the moment is float above the station and wait until someone spawns a ship, say a Freelancer, then in chat annoy someone else by constantly telling them that their ship is terrible and no way could it ram 'my' Freelancer off the landing pad. Then just watch and laugh.

Bet you can push my Connie off the pad!!...wait, she's always on the pad!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
cmdrcruisin just dropped some hard-hitting journalism actually:

http://imperialnews.network/2016/02/what-is-star-citizen-2/

quote:

And that’s what makes this game so special. Every game that’s out right now tries to be an “RPG” in some sense of the word. But has the term been watered down so much over the years that it’s simply a particular progression mechanic or a choice-based narrative experience? How many games out there really let you play a role? Let you be who you want to be in another world? The majority of games out there give you a beautiful painting, and what you take from it could be totally different. And that’s great! There’s great merit in getting something meaningful from a piece of art. But what Star Citizen does that truly makes it what it is, at least for me, is hand me the paint brush.

:barf:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

Well, I'm kind of new to this reddit thing. What's the process for getting this little bitch banned? I presume the /r/starcitizen mods are useless if for nothing else because the offense took place in the Elite Dangerous sub. Do we report him to those mods? What if they do nothing, do we contact Reddit global mods?

Well for shits and giggles I reported dolvacs PM to me and it says it went to a 'Reddit Admin' - beyond that I have no clue

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I want to do an INN knock off and get more views than them, i think it would be easy

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Making it Rain posted:

:vince:

What's the success rate on this game within a game.

Pretty high :lol:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I want to do an INN knock off and get more views than them, i think it would be easy

Do you need a marine biologist?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

roleplay a white man glitching his way across a boring unpopulated star system!

no you can't roleplay someone else are you crazy

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you need a marine biologist?

If I did a live stream of it maybe. I was just thinking prerecorded though.

I just think a less cock sucky news show played straight would get way more views than those assholes, and that it would probably deeply hurt them.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Yes I can totally take a self-proclaimed news organization seriously that makes poo poo like this.

Maybe one day Sandig will appear in a fake in-game news video with them and awkwardly fire someone.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

According to the Reddit Contact Us page, you can contact the admins here.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

quote:

Dullvak in a PM posted:
Finally danced over the line. Good job though, I respect a good fellow shitposter when I see one.
I just wished him well tbh, good luck to them all I say
he's hip guys, he's one of us, just doing his job is all lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

he's hip guys, he's one of us, just doing his job is all lol

Imagine I posted the picture of Steve Buscemi pretending to be a teenager here.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

OH poo poo someone finally figured out that my reddit name and SA name are exactly the same!

I've been made, cheese it boys!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

DOMDOM posted:

Clearly the reason sandi can't memorize her lines is because she doesn't give a flying gently caress about any of this nonsense. Sure she likes being in front the screen, and the idea being a VP in a huge company, but as far as the product goes, and probably video games in general, I get the feeling it's all white noise to her.

Ben on the other hand is in love with the project which lends itself to talking naturally about it.

but really, as an actress Sandi, you should be able to memorize lines and stop blinking so loving much.

hth

I remember in a very early cig interview she said she never played any of the games Chris made. Lol

This was back when they were hiding their marriage

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Romes128 posted:

I remember in a very early cig interview she said she never played any of the games Chris made. Lol

too busy rippin cones, learning about marine biology and running a successful nightclub to bother with that nerd poo poo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

too busy rippin cones, learning about marine biology and running a successful nightclub to bother with that nerd poo poo
Don't forget running a highly successful import / export business. Her mastery of logistics at so early an age helped make writing her second Master's thesis (this one on "International Marketing") such a snap. Which is why prestigious colleges the world over sought to have her complete her Ph.D studies in "International Marketing" with them...

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what is star citizen?

chris was able to answer easily in 1 word why cant this random shut up

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

My god, thank you for taking the time to distill the horror down to a single item: Does the liquid metal harden or not.

Would the Stimpire use Mercury or Gallium alloys to have mush bags exist?

I'm leaning towards no. Reason being is that there needs to be sharpened teeth to inflict pain on nursing mothers.

Pretty simple. It hardens on contact with air. That way you get mush bags that have giant gaping maws of jagged argent fangs.

Also, the growing and hardening leads on to wonder: Could the regular resupply and growth and hardening in air end up leading to it sealing up thing like eye sockets, ears, and mouths?

(Seriously, I am NOT a murderous fanfic freak. I just have some talent about taking things to ridiculous excesses.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Oh, like mentioning something like that and then telling everyone not to google it is going to stop us.

You practically held an electric triple pain gun to my head. :colbert:

Not just you. I wonder how many watchlists I am on from all those "Don't Google THIS" posts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iridium posted:

auto upload to imgur is cool but when i installed and saw the Jira plugin (for work poo poo) i was loving sold

thx commando o9

We are all in this together, commando.

O7

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

If I did a live stream of it maybe. I was just thinking prerecorded though.

I just think a less cock sucky news show played straight would get way more views than those assholes, and that it would probably deeply hurt them.

I would like to take part, if you'll have me.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen is a scam

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Say "Thank you"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I said it before:

Stimperial News Network

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I do not think I could record myself saying "Stimperial" and keep my composure

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Do it.

Also, I just made a reddit account. I've never been on reddit. How best to piss these nerds off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

skaboomizzy posted:

I said it before:

Stimperial News Network

It has to be

• Locked thread