Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

What kind of maniac has multiple 3DS's and Wii U's to worry about outside of the situation where you need to transfer system information after an upgrade.

What if you own multiple homes or have multiple systems in different parts of your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FanaticalMilk posted:

What if you own multiple homes

Well la di da, then you could also easily afford multiple copies of games so that's just a poor little rich girl argument.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Let's talk about games here and keep the boring dumb arguments in the Wii U thread. Double Dragon 3: Is it as bad as I remember? I haven't played it since it was new but I remember really hating it. Someone tell me if it was actually cool and I was just confused.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's pretty cool. The dumb thing about it is you have one life, that's it. Game over.

But that can be fixed with save states.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Nintendo doesn't care about families I guess

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hadji murad posted:

Nintendo doesn't care about families I guess

Only about their money.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So I know if I buy a Wii U game online, I can enter the code into my web browser and my Wii U at home will begin downloading it.

Is it possible for the 3DS to do this, too? It'd be pretty slick if I could come home from work to an installed Fire Emblem tomorrow.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sudden Javelin posted:

Any of the games in the Nindies Love You sale worth a drat? I'm in Europe.

Race the Sun and the Trine games are pretty neat. The former is sort of an infinite runner mixed with F-Zero mixed with some chill drugs, the latter are a modern take on Lost Vikings with really pretty art. Check some videos for impressions, though, unless there are demos that you can try yourself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kaubocks posted:

So I know if I buy a Wii U game online, I can enter the code into my web browser and my Wii U at home will begin downloading it.

Is it possible for the 3DS to do this, too? It'd be pretty slick if I could come home from work to an installed Fire Emblem tomorrow.

Yes, you can redeem codes the same way on 3DS and it'll start downloading it if it's on wifi.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kaubocks posted:

I dunno if you can have the 3DS do that, but I think you can preload it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm with JivJovJuice on this one. It takes a lot for something to "suck" in my opinion and at the end of the day, You can pay for, download, and play games digitally with little hassle. Most importantly their poo poo works. Look at PSN after Christmas and their buggy lovely store.

Now that doesn't mean there is no room for improvement and they should work to add the features that gamers want. But their product doesn't suck.

Popularity is not "buggy poo poo". There is no goddamn way to cope with a large influx of simultaneous connections like on Christmas Day, and there's no reason to upgrade the network infrastructure when it will die down in a day or two anyway.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kaubocks posted:

You can buy it on the website, but it e-mails you a download code that you still have to enter on the 3DS eShop.

You can also pre-load it if you buy it now on the eShop, but again that requires having the 3DS on hand. There's no way to buy something remotely on the 3DS and have it download automatically, sadly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Any idea how long until the new themes get added to the 3DS's Theme Shop?

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
If you're lookin' for the Dreamcast theme, it should've shown up for you(edit: in the US), I bought it this morning. Might have to put it into sleep mode until the pink dot shows up on the icon and manually check for new themes.

And yes, it does make the "dead VMU battery and disc drive spin-up" sound when you take the system out of sleep mode :kimchi:

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 19, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro Creep posted:

If you're lookin' for the Dreamcast theme, it should've shown up for you, I bought it this morning. Might have to put it into sleep mode until the pink dot shows up on the icon and manually check for new themes.

And yes, it does make the "dead VMU battery and disc drive spin-up" sound when you open take the system out of sleep mode :kimchi:

Checked the store twice this afternoon and no sign of the new ones at all yet :sigh:. The real important question though if you're in the PAL region; Is it blue instead of orange?

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Checked the store twice this afternoon and no sign of the new ones at all yet :sigh:. The real important question though if you're in the PAL region; Is it blue instead of orange?

Ah, no, sorry, I'm in the US. The SEGA Europe Twitter account did retweet a thing from NOE saying they'd be available Friday, though, and that preview picture does look promising.....

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I know everyone is all a-twitter about Fire Emblem, but what's the word on Project X-Zone 2? I was interested in the first game but gave it a pass after all the negative impressions started rolling in. Is Project X-Zone 2 any better?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A few people have posted about it in the 3DS thread and yeah, it sounds like it's unquestionably better than the first game even if they didn't totally "fix" it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a bit less tedious than the first game but it's still going to depend on whether Heihatchi Mishima searching out Phoenix Wright and Maya to defend him from accusations of unleashing zombies on Tokyo before the latter gets saved by a team up of Kiryu Kazuma and Saejima from Yazuka is worth putting up with a dull-ish game.
There's a demo on the eShop if you want to try it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That demo was tedious as poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The demo is allegedly a poor misrepresentation of the full game. Don't ask me how.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The demo is allegedly a poor misrepresentation of the full game. Don't ask me how.

Yeah well they'll find my willing payment to be a poor misrepresentation of their asking price for that nonsense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best part of the demo is when you finish and it tells you have to play through it ten times to get all the bonuses for the full game
They're not even good bonuses

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Well in the demo, literally every enemy except like 1 boss dies to one hit. Literally. I'm assuming and hoping the actual game doesn't do that because wtf.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro Creep posted:

Ah, no, sorry, I'm in the US. The SEGA Europe Twitter account did retweet a thing from NOE saying they'd be available Friday, though, and that preview picture does look promising.....

It's finally up on the EU/AUS Theme Shop. I like the touch of adding the thick blue Dreamcast case logo to the left side, and got a chuckle from the authentic dead-VMU-Battery "BEEEEEEP!" and rock-tumbler disc spin sound :allears:.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FanaticalMilk posted:

What if you own multiple homes

Pack up your system and bring it with you like I did with my SNES when I went to visit my relatives for holidays

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Color Printer posted:

I have a dream that one day a nintendo thread will not crawl up its own rear end in a top hat every time Jivjov says something

If we deleted every post in this thread that just call out Jivjov, it would lose half of it's posts. And be twice as "good."

Does anyone know of a good spot to pick up some cheap Wiimotes? Also do the Wii Classic controllers (like the one that came with MHTri) still work for things like Smash Bros Wii U, or do you need the new updated one. And does the updated one work without a Wiimote, or do you need to plug it in to a Wiimote?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cheap wii motes are a myth, you're better off dropping $40 for a first party one. If you're lucky, you can get one on sale. You can use the old Classic Controllers with Smash. The new Pro Controller is a standalone Wii U controller, no wiimote needed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Anora posted:

If we deleted every post in this thread that just call out Jivjov, it would lose half of it's posts. And be twice as "good."

Does anyone know of a good spot to pick up some cheap Wiimotes? Also do the Wii Classic controllers (like the one that came with MHTri) still work for things like Smash Bros Wii U, or do you need the new updated one. And does the updated one work without a Wiimote, or do you need to plug it in to a Wiimote?

Amazon has a bunch of used ones from vendors that are like $20: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0094X227I/ref=sr_1_5_twi_gam_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1455914448&sr=8-5&keywords=wii+remote+controller+plus

I'm not sure about your other questions. If by the "new updated one" you mean the Wii U Pro Controller, that's a standalone wireless device that charges its battery from the Wii U's USB port.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
The best place for cheap Wiimotes is https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550278

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Cheap Wiimotes are real! Get them from the Nintendo Refurbished site. They're as good as new, and you can get a Wiimote plus Nunchuk combo for $25 a pop.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's wii mini? they have it listed on the wiimote page.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

baram. posted:

what's wii mini? they have it listed on the wiimote page.

http://www.cnet.com/products/nintendo-wii-mini

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was a smaller redesign of the Wii that Nintendo brought out in like literally the last months of its life, the only real difference, other than being a bit more compact, was that it had no internet capability at all, I guess they wanted to save a few bucks on the WiFi card.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a version of the Wii with no wifi card or SD card ports or GameCube controller ports that only plays Wii disc games.

No one really knows why it was ever released in the North American market.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

strange. surpised i'd never seen anything about it until just now.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

It's a version of the Wii with no wifi card or SD card ports or GameCube controller ports that only plays Wii disc games.

No one really knows why it was ever released in the North American market.

I saw one a few weeks ago at a used games warehouse-type store.

The used Nintendo Wii was $59.99, the used Nintendo Wii Mini was $69.99.

The Wii Mini is a Wii without Gamecube backwards compatibility or controllers and without Internet capabilities so it can't buy things off of the Wii eShop, and it's only marginally smaller.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Patter Song posted:

I saw one a few weeks ago at a used games warehouse-type store.

The used Nintendo Wii was $59.99, the used Nintendo Wii Mini was $69.99.

The Wii Mini is a Wii without Gamecube backwards compatibility or controllers and without Internet capabilities so it can't buy things off of the Wii eShop, and it's only marginally smaller.

I would think something like that would be developed as a cheap alternative for developing markets, but nope I think it was exclusive to Canada and US.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

I would think something like that would be developed as a cheap alternative for developing markets, but nope I think it was exclusive to Canada and US.

No it also came out in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Did it even come out in the US? I thought Wii Mini was Canada only.