Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally a hog posted:

Im pretty sure they never uploaded that stream to youtube. I remember checking and whatever dumb theme name the stream was different than what the next youtube vid they uploaded was.

Heres spacetoaster's post's from when it happened:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=1388&perpage=40#post455221234

Fake Edit:
According to their Twitch schedule it happened on a wednesday so it was probably a "Play with INN" stream which they dont archive or upload to youtube. They only regularly upload their saturday streams.

OK that makes sense. I was skipping around that video and it was 70 minutes of "we'll see" and "from what I heard" type of speculation not based on anything the developers of the most openly developed game in history have said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

spacetoaster posted:

I had to type "Do it fools" really fast because the fat one on the top was mumbling about banning me right that second.

I had asked, and they talked about it, Star Marine updates disappearing.

Then I asked about Illfonic being fired and they said that didn't happen.

Oh it was their anniversary stream. yeah they never uploaded this, sorry.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Posting from the future.

:pgabz: :eonwe:

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Why do they always look the same. It's like throwing a dart at the sex offenders' registry.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

On that INN video I just posted Dolvak is referred to as an "employee of CIG". A characterization he doesn't deny. That's when he started calling Chris Roberts Hitler and saying he saw Sandi tear an employee's heart out and eat it.

Link/timestamp?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Posting from the future.

:pgabz: :eonwe:

I didn't even realize we past the 2000 mark. Thread moves so fast.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Moogle posted:

Why do they always look the same. It's like throwing a dart at the sex offenders' registry.

Why must men with no jawline/chins grow beards? And why was my mental image of these CIG-ophants 100% correct?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That's the saddest looking single bed behind FireSpikez.

Dolvak's single bed is off screen, but you can see his schoolboy swimming trophies on his top shelf. (He still lives with his parents too doesn't he?)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Moogle posted:

Fat Manchild
Fat Neckbeard
Hipster Neckbeard
Fat Neckbeard

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I want to do an INN knock off and get more views than them, i think it would be easy

Oh hell yes

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Toops posted:

Yo guys, brief update, still mashing away at Solar Plebeian, but I had to deal with flying on planes so that always shits up the works. I'm now like 30 pages behind but I assume most of it is shitposting to 2000 and the associated momentum.

Wrapped up a first pass of the UI design/framework, did a bunch of geeky back-end stuff, got the source control repo tied into Unity's Cloud Build service. Did a couple of builds, they worked. Cloud Build seems legit AF I'll be pushing 30g fidelity updates to you cats in no time.

Also did a bunch of legit planning. Finished up the "Colosseum Commando" game mode design spec. Here's a list of systems, ad a little taste of ramming.

I'll post a video tomorrow of the UI and some gameplay.

Were I a Shitizen it would be concerning that you've put more thought into this parody game than CIG has into their $100m crowd funded shitshow. But I am not so it is simply funny.

Krakenwagen posted:

Stop motion?

:gary:

fuctifino posted:

His pillow looks like a particularly pungent blue cheese.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

I had to type "Do it fools" really fast because the fat one on the top was mumbling about banning me right that second.

I had asked, and they talked about it, Star Marine updates disappearing.

Then I asked about Illfonic being fired and they said that didn't happen.

Looking at that pic: That's quite the ensemble...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

fuctifino posted:

Dolvak's single bed is off screen, but you can see his schoolboy swimming trophies on his top shelf. (He still lives with his parents too doesn't he?)

lol all these high integrity super serious journalist big boys still living at home.

"James R Dolvak get off that internet machine and take out the garbage right now!" :byodame:

"MOOOOM GET OUT I'M DOING MY NEWS BROADCAST!!!! I'll do my chores later!" :qq:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

$2500 for spaceships, $6 for a haircut.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

"Speciality: Boarding"

Little of this game is real yet and few of the mechanics even exist as design concepts but yeah your speciality is boarding.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I will never not be amused how people voluntarily put their own pictures on the internet. What could possibly go wrong!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
2017. Is this game out yet?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

no_recall posted:

No but you should see the trailer they had in front of the latest Star Wars film! It really put Elite to shame!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLcjUmBncZ8

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

"Kilroy Was Here" has been invoked in discussions of what /starcitizen could turn into.

It prompted me to go watch the video for the first time since like 1980-something. Still holds up!

Hello from behind the iron curtain!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Tbf, Ben simultaneously looks at the correct camera and the ceiling.

:vince: wow!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
did anyone notice that the page numbers have been correlating with years of the gregorian calendar that are relevant to us? we should post about this correlation at great length.

Tandor
Jan 5, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LOL :five:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

did anyone notice that the page numbers have been correlating with years of the gregorian calendar that are relevant to us? we should post about this correlation at great length.

I've been posting in Julian. :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I've been posting in Julian. :(

Is that a euphemism?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Is that a euphemism?

Certified shitposting.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

See what I mean???

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way, if you're looking for an arena space fighter game Elite Dangerous' CQC was made into a standalone product you can get if you don't want to do the exploration thing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/david-braben-on-arena-and-the-future-of-elite-dangerous/

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
It's quite okay for 6.49 € :)

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Toops posted:

Tell me about which one you get, because I have E:D and really like it, but I'm not sure which one to get.

I advise CH Products. Mine are over ten years old and still feel solid.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

KakerMix posted:

hey guys

star citizen and reddit are big idiots!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben's hands are on backwards

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What amazes me again and again is how the reddit community is able to refuse to entertain the idea that something is very very wrong with the development of their game.

And the best part, they throw more money at CIG to disprove our claims.

Lol.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
What amazes me is that Dolvak doesn't understand that you can buy reputable reddit accounts with tens of thousands of upvotes and an inconspicuous post history for like five bucks, and that we have hundreds of them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Can someone explain where o9 commando comes from?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
some of the issue is that they all believe and make up what the end product will be.

Take a look at the poo poo tech demo or grief module we have.

Reality has a real issue with CR and his loving dreams.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

o7 is the emote for salute. o9 does nothing, and is used in conjunction with Commando (instead of Commander) to piss off the cultists.

e: :pgabz: started it :)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
pretend I emptyquoted the Stimperor gif from way back pages ago

Seriously is someone in touch with the original author of the Stimpire thread? He needs to know he has fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Intentionally wrong version of o7 salute

• Locked thread