Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

but then I have to use actual characters to whittle down enemies and dang it I already did that once with mozu.

my commitment to anime lesbians is wavering

As long as you pair him with a good mother for her she's not going to be terrible or anything if you just grind Hayato's support out and stick him back into his kiddie cupboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also hayato is actually okay in revelations

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
but he's ricken

set aside the stats for a moment, I don't know if I can inflict ricken on anyone and sleep at night

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the person that marries hayato will get a mildly annoying brat for a husband. the person that marries jakob will need counseling for the amount of verbal abuse they receive.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

On the one hand yes, but on the other hand jakob's hot

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Does that apply to everyone except Corrin, who is protected by the fact that they are your anime surrogate?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I was going to have Hayato marry Sakura but then I realised that would make Rhajat my niece.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

I was going to have Hayato marry Sakura but then I realised that would make Rhajat my niece.

Real Skinship with your real niece. Hex,Hex.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm going with Azura to Hayato because, while that does make her Corrina second cousin, blue hair seems like the most interesting of the available color options.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

People saying the female Corrin-Rhajat supports are the same as the male ones. Guess they were different in the Japanese version?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

People saying the female Corrin-Rhajat supports are the same as the male ones. Guess they were different in the Japanese version?
Yeah, a couple of them were different and there was an exchange about 'but we're both girls,' with female corrin responding that it's because they're both girls. i can see why they'd change that but imo it takes some of the point out of including it.

It's also kind of a dumb change because the male corrin/rhajat support was much more tharja-y with her stalking corrin, while the female corrin/rhajat support was a lot sweeter.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I've lost the link to the japanese version of that support sadly, endorph you have it handy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A support:

Rhajat:
You're so cute when you pretend to be terrified of me. Heh, heh...

Corrin:
Yes. I was pretending.

S support:

Corrin:
Perhaps we should stop sneaking around each other like this... I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you in plain sight.

Rhajat:
Eh, that doesn't sound so great. I'd like to be stalking you at least 20 percent of the time.

good job treehouse, you took out the kind of normal lesbian support and made it about stalking :cool:

here's an awful translation of the jp one. there's some dumb reincarnation talk, but f!kamui shuts the whole thing down and they realize that yes, they can just kiss, as girls. idk why they didn't just alter this a bit instead of copy/pasting the male one.

KAMUI: That's right. Not friendship, something more special.
So, let me say it again.
I like you, Shara.
You don't need to change who you are.
From now on, I'll love you, and none other.

SHARA: !? Really...? Do you really mean that...?

KAMUI: Yes.

SHARA: So I... I don't have to give up on my love...?

KAMUI: Of course not.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 19, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

A support:

Rhajat:

Corrin:
Yes. I was pretending.

S support:

Corrin:
Perhaps we should stop sneaking around each other like this... I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you in plain sight.

Rhajat:
Eh, that doesn't sound so great. I'd like to be stalking you at least 20 percent of the time.

good job treehouse, you took out the kind of normal lesbian support and made it about stalking :cool:

Yay. :effort:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

A support:

Rhajat:

Corrin:
Yes. I was pretending.

S support:

Corrin:

Rhajat:

here's an awful translation of the jp one. there's some dumb reincarnation talk, but f!kamui shuts the whole thing down and they realize that yes, they can just kiss, as girls. idk why they didn't just alter this a bit instead of copy/pasting the male one.

It is (not-)Tharja, so... Stalking seems in character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

It is (not-)Tharja, so...
except the japanese version of the support was actually pretty sweet and even the jp male version wasn't that stalker-y. She was a less exaggerated Tharja. The localization boosted her back up to being Tharja 2.0 instaed of Tharja 0.5. the translation exaggerates a lot of character traits anyway but it's really unfortunate that they did that to the one lesbian option in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and by 'really unfortunate' i mean 'actually incredibly infuriating'

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

A support:

Rhajat:

Corrin:
Yes. I was pretending.

S support:

Corrin:

Rhajat:

:cripes:

Motto fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 19, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OK, I'm mad at treehouse now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wow. So they can take the time to to make the supports worse, but not to remove the arbitrary flag that makes this one support not produce a kid. :ughh:
Maybe apples to oranges but come the gently caress on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only explanation I can think of is that someone just replaced the female support with the male one without actually reading either of them because jesus, I do not want to think that someone made that change with full knowledge of what they were doing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

well i don't feel as bad about benching notricken now.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Endorph posted:

and by 'really unfortunate' i mean 'actually incredibly infuriating'

Unfortunate. Damned unfortunate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They added a new confession for Azura though apparently? Quality time spent all around.

Sunnydere
Nov 2, 2012

(Does The Hottest Dance)

Welcome to my fell storefront! Thank you for your dark business.
These localizations of the characters seem kind of hit or miss from what I'm hearing. On the one hand I don't hate Hisameme at all, but Effie's whole shtick being changed and this thing with Rhajat seem pretty lame.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If I could have kids this would be a lot easier to accept.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

someone expressing some doubt and fear about their sexuality: too problematic, must be removed in the most hamfisted way possible

peri killing seventy servants for kicks: oh, sure, we can keep that in, no issue

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Endorph posted:

someone expressing some doubt and fear about their sexuality: too problematic, must be removed in the most hamfisted way possible

peri killing seventy servants for kicks: oh, sure, we can keep that in, no issue

It's all a very american perception of media situation

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

Also, adopting kids with your marriage partner of the same gender: unnacceptable.

Impregnating your sister: Totes fine dude you were adopted lol.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I am having some trouble with the new seals.

Master Seals only upgrade to promoted classes
Heart Seals will sidegrade to alternate classes

the other two seals with sidegrade to the one true waifu's class set.

Am I reading these right?

Is there a max level still? Should I be going for the 20/20 level base class, side grade 20/20 and then promote?

Is Jacob a jeigan? Because he's a big beautiful buff baby that fights like a man

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

scaterry posted:

I am having some trouble with the new seals.

Master Seals only upgrade to promoted classes
Heart Seals will sidegrade to alternate classes

the other two seals with sidegrade to the one true waifu's class set.

Am I reading these right?

Is there a max level still? Should I be going for the 20/20 level base class, side grade 20/20 and then promote?

Is Jacob a jeigan? Because he's a big beautiful buff baby that fights like a man

Jakob gains XP at the rate of a regular unpromoted unit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jacob is a promoted class but gains normal levels. just think of him like azura where his class is special.

master seals upgrade to promoted.
heart seals take you to your wife's class.
buddy seals take you to the class of whoever you have an A+ support with.
child seals are for kids, and give them their parent's classes.
eternal seals boost the level cap by 5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also on the positive side at least they localized jakob pretty well

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So far a lot of things that have nothing to do with the kids seem okay and not utterly insufferable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of the kids were insufferable/boring even in japanese anyway, so it's not like they had a ton to work with.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

also on the positive side at least they localized jakob pretty well

How did they localise him? All I've seen sof ar is that he's British now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was mostly just worried that they'd tone down how much of a rear end in a top hat he is, but if anything they made him even more of a smug prick. It's good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also lol, they gave Mitama even more haikus. Best girl. Best kid.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

I was mostly just worried that they'd tone down how much of a rear end in a top hat he is, but if anything they made him even more of a smug prick. It's good.

Well, Selena has her non Subaki husband now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

If your avatar is gay you miss out on the Morgan equivalent right, they don't just say you adopted (not)Morgan or something?

• Locked thread