Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Supremezero posted:

I was always under the assumption that you couldn't adopt the kid from the gay marriage during the game because of the logic problems involved. Like what the heck Kana would be if she wasn't actually your kid, since Kana's part dragon.

could just pull some astral plane bullshit out i mean really are we bringing logic into the game *only * when it comes to gay pairings for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I was always under the assumption that you couldn't adopt the kid from the gay marriage during the game because of the logic problems involved. Like what the heck Kana would be if she wasn't actually your kid, since Kana's part dragon.

Option 1. gently caress it it's a video game I dunno you passed on dragon powers via magic.

Option 2. Make them the avatar's secondary class, give them a different paralogue.

Option 3. At least give us Nina.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Even if you wanted to assume you couldn't pass down magical dragon powers in a gay relationship, just make Kana's base class be like Strategist or something in that case.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ways for gay people to have kids with each other are already being researched, in the real world, with science. In a fantasy setting with incredible magic that can do stuff like instantly cure wounds, teleport people, create stone golems, and completely alter the fabric of reality, I don't think it would be a plot hole for a gay wizard to have, at some point, devoted his life to how to make gay babies, and succeeded in figuring out how to make gay babies.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

the world has magic in it, and pocket dimensions

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also, it's not like the kids from hetero pairing make much sense in Fates either.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

ways for gay people to have kids with each other are already being researched, in the real world, with science. In a fantasy setting with incredible magic that can do stuff like instantly cure wounds, teleport people, create stone golems, and completely alter the fabric of reality, I don't think it would be a plot hole for a gay wizard to have, at some point, devoted his life to how to make gay babies, and succeeded in figuring out how to make gay babies.

This obviously needs it's own game. Fire Emblem: The Quest For Homosexual Reproduction!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

This obviously needs it's own game.
i am literally making that game. here's the gay wizard.

he isn't a very attractive gay wizard. apologies to all fujoshi.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

to be honest i still don't really like pair up but it isn't killing the game for me or anything

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Character A: Hello I am a 1000 year old dragon with the body of a 10 year old girl.

FE player: hmmmmmmm seems legit

Character B: I'm gay and I have a kid

FE Player: *Comically spits out coffee* HUWHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
like, everything to do with the astral plane is stupid but it works for gameplay so who cares. in the astral planes anything can happen

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oh yeah that's filtered now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

to be honest i still don't really like pair up but it isn't killing the game for me or anything
the pair-up system in fates is cool because you usually don't want to be in guard stance and the dual attacks make you focus on the positioning of both your units and the enemy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
do enemies ever do guard stance on their own? they've always started the mission already in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

do enemies ever do guard stance on their own? they've always started the mission already in it
I think there are a couple of scripted instances of them going into it, but I don't think it's something the AI can just do on its own. Probably because for their purposes (Slowing the player down and trying to wear one of their units down) it'd pretty much always be the best option

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oh yeah that's filtered now.

Well I mean for the purposes of that post it makes it stand out as ridiculous which is the view FE Player is taking so it works. :v:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just thought it'd be funny and potentially terrifying if the enemy started using it to ferry around slower units like a human would

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Well I mean for the purposes of that post it makes it stand out as ridiculous which is the view FE Player is taking so it works. :v:

FE15 to include cuck support.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Endorph posted:

Or, gently caress, there's more than a few folklore stories about childless couples being blessed with a random baby out of loving nowhere, so just give them kids because the universe or the gods answered their fervent wishes and those kids just happen to share their parents' traits because they were literally made of their parents hopes and dreams.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

i just thought it'd be funny and potentially terrifying if the enemy started using it to ferry around slower units like a human would
yeah sadly it's mostly just units of the same type paired up, though there's a couple of instances of mid-bosses getting paired up in odd combos. Peri and Laslow do it like three times in Birthright.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, the weird thing about Effie is that her actual dialogue in her supports is pretty much the same - all sweet and kind, kind of unaware of just how ridiculously strong she is - they just gave her a really unfitting voice to try and trick you into thinking she's a sully repeat? it's bizarre. I guess she's a little shorter with people in some of her conversations? But comparing those skinship lines to

quote:

Effie: Twelve people? Goodness, no. This is simply my lunch—nothing more.
Avatar: I see. Well, Elise is lucky to have someone like you on her side.
Effie: Thank you for the kind words! I do hope I'm doing an adequate job for her.

is kind of weird. It makes me think maybe the right hand wasn't talking to the left hand.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 19, 2016

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Effie's voice doesn't match up with her really placid appearance and it's weird. I think it was said she was originally very soft spoken and I think that would work a lot better.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Effie got me a 1% crit so she's cool in my book

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
So if hybrid str/magic isn't great does that mean doing +Skill isn't a good route?
Although I'm probably just going to start with Birthright on Normal to get back into FE mode so does it really matter?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

ChiTownEddie posted:

So if hybrid str/magic isn't great does that mean doing +Skill isn't a good route?
Although I'm probably just going to start with Birthright on Normal to get back into FE mode so does it really matter?

Your lv10 skill as the first class is a skill based proc for 1.5x damage

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

+Skill gives more activations for your level 10 skill so sure go for it. Especially on Birthright Normal.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
haha cool. Basically I just love skill proc's :P
Then I'll min/max for Conquest.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

It makes me think maybe the right hand wasn't talking to the pickle hand.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
what is the pickle man's deal and what is the earliest opportunity to dive into the brine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seagull posted:

what is the pickle man's deal and what is the earliest opportunity to dive into the brine
he was just a generic stoic swordsman in japanese, they added all sorts of weird pickle lines to his my room clips but didn't add them to all of his supports, just his romantic one with the female avatar, so he just looks like a lunatic.

he's hinata's kid.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If none of his battle lines are "I'm in a bit of a pickle" then treehouse hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

If none of his battle lines are "I'm in a bit of a pickle" then treehouse hosed up.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
treehouse vs 8-4 post

i'm still going to dive into the brine because he's a man after my own heart on the pickle front

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have many ways I can kill a man, but you're special so you can take your pick(le)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I haven't played a FE game since the one that was on the GBA, but love both big anime boobs and strategy RPGs. Managed to snag a FE NN3DS and got a copy of Conquest since there are other 3DS games I was kind of meaning to play at some point.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Endorph posted:

they added all sorts of weird pickle lines to his my room clips but didn't add them to all of his supports, just his romantic one with the female avatar, so he just looks like a lunatic.

jfc treehouse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his quote for when he levels up with most of his stas capped should be "Brine there, done that."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dual attack quote:

'let me chip in!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So this is two characters now where the voice team has made poo poo up and not told anyone else or otherwise made efforts to keep consistency with the text? Uh, ok. :psyduck:

• Locked thread