Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Now I have to watch KnK... again.

Not that I need an excuse, it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You gotta hand it to this game, they know how to blindside with their releases. I'm so loving down for Ryougi. The TV spot is really loving hype, I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92YMDisG1OU

Also, yes, watch KnK you losers

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nyaa posted:

Welp, now i have to watch knk

Yeah, same.

It's kinda lame that they're collabing with themselves, and i also kinda wish that they just did Tsukihime instead so we'd get Tohno-flavor Shiki instead, but oh well, it gives me an excuse to finally get around to watching KnK

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ryougi is better

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Compendium posted:

Ryougi is better

Does she gently caress up any chairs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ryougi has a cool jacket, eats lots of ice cream, has a cool sword in one of the movies, and becomes a yakuza boss.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

laith_rem posted:

Grand Order Collab is with Kara no Kyoukai

Ryougi is a 4* Assassin

E: She's also free apparently

Whelp. Time to play the hell out of FGO just to keep Ryougi and max her then. Should probably play Fate/Extra again since I never fought her as the bonus boss.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Tohno breaks a chair and bangs the maids

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
So it seem knk have 7 movies + epilogue movie + 8th movie + side movie to the 8th

Should i watch it in this order?

And there seem to be an optional recap movie of the first 6 movies too?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watch in order of release, optional recap movie not necessary, watch side movie only if you want to.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Sounds easy enough.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yep. Pretty sure you can skip the recap movie though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How much Melty Blood playing is required for this

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Baal posted:

How much Melty Blood playing is required for this

None

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
Play Melty anyway because it's fun

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

InfinityComplex posted:

Whelp. Time to play the hell out of FGO just to keep Ryougi and max her then. Should probably play Fate/Extra again since I never fought her as the bonus boss.
I did this as Caster on NG+ and it suuuuuuucked. Pretty sure it just requires blind luck because she can "kill"/lock some of your commands and suddenly make the battle essentially unwinnable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am adding Melty Blood playing to this list then

Play Melty Blood as Ryogi

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

I did this as Caster on NG+ and it suuuuuuucked.
I beat her with saber and archer, but it's impossible for my glass cannon caster to beat her. Make sure to increase her def stat or whatever it is for caster.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: how did this double post
PLAY MELTY BLOOD

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Nyaa posted:

I beat her with saber and archer, but it's impossible for my glass cannon caster to beat her. Make sure to increase her def stat or whatever it is for caster.

Caster doesn't need defense when you can not let her attack you by spamming all of skills most of the time. You just stop when her pattern tells you she is gonna use her sealing skill. Or Twin Towers.

I did it with Caster at level 37 so everyone else should have an easier time and not take like 10 minutes.

E: Also praying like mad that she doesn't use Suspended Esoterica

laith_rem fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 19, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fun fact, Maaya Sakamoto and Kenichi Suzumura (who voiced Shiki and Mikiya respectively) married two years after the seventh movie, and I think that is cute as heck

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

Yeah I beat her eventually, it just took a lot of retries and a lucky run where I didn't get too many of my moves sealed.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
What the hell? Nero Bride is bordering on dumb. I've been using Nero Bride supports (Formalcraft equipped) throughout today and I've consistently used her NP multiple times in a row. I do have 2x 2030 CEs equipped on Vlad and Waver, but the CEs are just enough to get her rolling. There are even situations where I did not even need to use Waver's skill and she can still use her NP 3 times in a row just because of her first skill and overkilling the following enemy with crits.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That's not a nero thing, that's a crit thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is Ryogi available yet if so how do I get her

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Is Ryogi available yet if so how do I get her

Only if you've watched KnK before. And don't try to cheat, the game knows

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I started watching KnK, and turns out, It's Good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watch the anime

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I watched some carnival phantasm yesterday.

loving lost it at beser-car

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Some updates on KnK event, no EN translation yet, but yeah, lots of new things.

http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/ybsjjo/

I hate this game I want all the KnK CEs

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The racing episode of Carnival Phantasm is probably objectively the strongest but my personal favorite is the one where Berserker goes shopping for batteries.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The racing episode of Carnival Phantasm is probably objectively the strongest but my personal favorite is the one where Berserker goes shopping for batteries.

I think it's the narration. "Gil-kun is just bored" kills me every time.

Also, "Archer defeated. Lancer DEAD".

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Who would have guessed the Holy Grail War was so easy to win? Shame Ilya never caught that in the main story.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All these 5 star sabers

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Compendium posted:

Some updates on KnK event, no EN translation yet, but yeah, lots of new things.

http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/ybsjjo/

I hate this game I want all the KnK CEs

Starts on the 25th, ends on March 9th. Need to have cleared Fuyuki to participate.

Clear missions of collecting certain amounts of items or killing certain types of enemies to get rewards and unlock new missions. Get limited edition CEs to increase the appearance rate of necessary enemies and drops. Clear all missions, get Ryougi Shiki, 4 star assassin.

Total of 10 new limited CE's, I think? Looks like by leveling some to max you can further increase enemy spawn rates.

Ryougi Shiki, 4 star assassin
Max ATK 8867 HP 11055
Didn't realize it, but it seems she herself became an urban legend.

I think she may need special event drops for her ascensions?

Also available separately from the event gacha:

Ryougi Shiki, 5 star saber
Max ATK 10721 HP 15453
NP Mukushiki - Kara no Kyoukai
Powerful attack against all enemies that ignores defense.
Chance of instant death. (increases with charge)
Removes debuffs on all allies.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

thats also a good ep

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cirnopedia's translated the details of the event. That's kinda low attack for a 5-star Saber, but an AoE with a chance of instant death isn't bad.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
This KnK event makes me actually want to start playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, the guy on 4chan who was making cheat apks said he's stopping, and took down his old ones, causing an amazing amount of salt.