Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
That's some freaky Yoko Ono poo poo right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Phi230 posted:

what console company would let SC on their consoles

All of them, as long as they can stay at arms-length from the whole publishing, PR, development and anything that has to do with the actual software. I'm sure Microsoft, in particular, would love to slap CRobber around a bit more during the certification process. :haw:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
The following message was deleted.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
They definitely don't answer questions from Twitch chat, so posting there is useless unless your goal is to rile the mods in which case keep up the good work!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Also I piggybacked someone else's long question and added "Stimpires" in place of Starfarers and NO ONE NOTICED. I highly recommend this tactic.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
CIG is keying on the letters "S-T-I-M-P" and using that for insta-bans.
Open community, my arse.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gently caress they really don't like the stimpire

I regged "Stimperor" and literally posted "A pleasant evening to all citizens out there!" and was instabanned

skins be thin in the 'Laxy

What could possibly be upsetting about the Stimpire?!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Madcosby posted:

I just got banned:

Renandstimpire: I'd like to send the developers some free gifts. How about some free beer?

YOU ARE PERMANENTLy BANNED

I would like to express my appreciation for this post.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BluestreakBTHR posted:

CIG is keying on the letters "S-T-I-M-P" and using that for insta-bans.
Open community, my arse.

"What was that cartoon series called? Ren and something or other?" is a good way to get genuine accounts banned.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
There is the face of a defeated man.

fuctifino posted:

"What was that cartoon series called? Ren and something or other?"
Stimpirate

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Has anyone made a 4th Stimpire org yet?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Need to start saying stymepyre and similar like a bad YA fiction writer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

G0RF posted:

Sandi is back and she's got the munchies again!

Doug Funnie's sister rear end lookin bitch

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This whole shitheap feels a lot closer to collapse than it should after banking $108m. They have nothing to show for their recent efforts and I don't think there are any confirmed features for their new update.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

spacetoaster posted:

Has anyone made a 4th Stimpire org yet?

Stimpire Dental?

badegakk
Feb 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Every show there are people begging for updates about their precious Carrack or whatever, spamming as often as the chatroom allows it. And they never get any answers. But they still come back every week, hoping against hope that their purchase will be validated with a nugget of information. Pretty sad.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

This whole shitheap feels a lot closer to collapse than it should after banking $108m. They have nothing to show for their recent efforts and I don't think there are any confirmed features for their new update.

A lot of people are talking about how even this thread is slowing down... it's literally because CIG does absolutely nothing. They never update their PU, they never add features. All they do is promise, and even the stuff they say they're working on RIGHT NOW! - planetary landings, even that stupid showroom - are nonexistant

Basically this thread is CIG

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BeefThief posted:

Unless they pull out a flyable idris or a basic economy/persistence fans are going to be disappointed. Going to be some fun reading

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF posted:

The following message was deleted.

Most twitch bots delete for all caps

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

"To troll CIG's twitch channel, you must understand CIG's twitch channel" - Mocap Sun Tzu

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
like they revealed that planetary landing video with "In-game" footage all over it. So, where is it? Your game is in alpha. Put it out there for your pathetic alpha testers that paid to test the game. And dont get me started on the PTU and then the PU. IT';s loving alpha, just throw it out there

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It wasn't "in game" footage, it was "in engine" footage.

In other words, they're not technically lying and you can't blame them because some over enthusiastic fans interpreted that as representative of actual game play!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
We need something juicy. Our sources are drying up.

Derek is not producing, with the FBI calling shenanigans
Ghost dev peaced out for the safety of hisself
CR is dead to the world, working on his FMV game
CIG's productivity is near zero, no new features to break
Stimpire is cringeworthy and played out

Guys, where will the comedy come from?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

tooterfish posted:

It wasn't "in game" footage, it was "in engine" footage.

In other words, they're not technically lying and you can't blame them because some over enthusiastic fans interpreted that as representative of actual game play!

Yep lol, they've done this in previous videos. It's an utterly meaningless claim. They're very proud that they've mastered the basics of scripting in the engine they've been using to build the best game in the universe for the past 5 years.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

We need something juicy. Our sources are drying up.

Derek is not producing, with the FBI calling shenanigans
Ghost dev peaced out for the safety of hisself
CR is dead to the world, working on his FMV game
CIG's productivity is near zero, no new features to break
Stimpire is cringeworthy and played out

Guys, where will the comedy come from?

Space Plebian. :)

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Stop laughing and start dreaming like Kanye Roberts, he only needs a billion dollars...

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/699503463332474880

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698699904303132672

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698926987281371136

He says this on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/699108230371397632

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/699108088687755264

:eonwe: :pgabz: Dream my commandos. This is the age of dreams! :pgabz: :eonwe:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Ravane posted:

Stop laughing and start dreaming like Kanye Roberts, he only needs a billion dollars...

Kanye and Crobberts have a lot in common.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AugmentedVision posted:

Yep lol, they've done this in previous videos. It's an utterly meaningless claim. They're very proud that they've mastered the basics of scripting in the engine they've been using to build the best game in the universe for the past 5 years.
It was what turned me off the project right at the very start.

They plastered "ACTUAL IN ENGINE FOOTAGE" all over the video they used to promote their kickstarter. Why even put that there, when on analysis it's utterly loving meaningless? It's a phrase deliberately designed to mislead the gullible.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

It was what turned me off the project right at the very start.

They plastered "ACTUAL IN ENGINE FOOTAGE" all over the video they used to promote their kickstarter. Why even put that there, when on analysis it's utterly loving meaningless? It's a phrase deliberately designed to mislead the gullible.

It's worked a loving treat then hasn't it!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

drat FASCISTS.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

airhorn.jog

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ravane posted:

Lol, I just looked this up. This is apparently what 53 million gets you:

Hey Chris, I found someone to design the clothes for Star Citizen!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
literally derelicte

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

BMan posted:

Lol, I just looked this up. This is apparently what 53 million gets you:

Hey Chris, I found someone to design the clothes for Star Citizen!

Ugandan war-child soldier chic?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

That poo poo costs hundreds of dollars too. It's a perfect fit!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

What was the 13th bump from again? So little of relevance happens that I can't keep track of what inane detail catches the attention of the horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Tippis posted:

What was the 13th bump from again? So little of relevance happens that I can't keep track of what inane detail catches the attention of the horde.

I think that was the last day that you could get SC and SQ42 together or some poo poo.

• Locked thread