Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gilganixon posted:

lol i like that you spawn in a bedroom at least some of the time in LoD but you don't bother immersing us in the whole getting out of bed while wearing heavy armour thing.

i'm having some drat trouble mapping my thrustmaster hotass's throttle correctly but other than that i like the firepower the ships throw out and the way you can see clearly out of the cockpits. You also don't need to find the immersion chute to crawl through to get into the things which is nice. Space is really dense - there are heaps of objects out there and everything is obviously scaled down (lyrius in particular looks tiny) but that's actually good because it means getting somewhere isn't a miserable five hour immersion-slog strapped into a cockpit. You also might see someone out there more than once in a while, if anyone was there. welp those are my initial thoughts. I'll keep at it until i can manage to fly towards a planet without exploding.

How did you do these things?
My experience was somewhat different and it involved those laughs you do when you put your mouth over your face and make a fart sound with your laugh through your fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Spectacular.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

peter gabriel posted:

How did you do these things?
My experience was somewhat different and it involved those laughs you do when you put your mouth over your face and make a fart sound with your laugh through your fingers

there are supply panels everywhere that work now, just follow the pumping synth music and your feet will lead you there

(i do like that music tbh)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gilganixon posted:

lol i like that you spawn in a bedroom at least some of the time in LoD but you don't bother immersing us in the whole getting out of bed while wearing heavy armour thing.

i'm having some drat trouble mapping my thrustmaster hotass's throttle correctly but other than that i like the firepower the ships throw out and the way you can see clearly out of the cockpits. You also don't need to find the immersion chute to crawl through to get into the things which is nice. Space is really dense - there are heaps of objects out there and everything is obviously scaled down (lyrius in particular looks tiny) but that's actually good because it means getting somewhere isn't a miserable five hour immersion-slog strapped into a cockpit. You also might see someone out there more than once in a while, if anyone was there. welp those are my initial thoughts. I'll keep at it until i can manage to fly towards a planet without exploding.

Yeah, I deliberately kept things simple, the world small etc. None of that fake immersion bullshit.

You can pick a target (e.g. jump gate), press CTRL+W to jump through hyperspace. Then cruise through the jump gate, press F to trigger it, pick a scene

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm staying well out of this one :lol:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

peter gabriel posted:

I'm staying well out of this one :lol:

Can you make me an LoD gameplay video please :pgabz:. I have cc in hand but am on the fence.

Edit: What does his symbol mean on Steam? I can't read but isn't this sign normally bad? Well, I mean associated with bad things?

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 20, 2016

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

When it's released and had burned-in for a week or so, I'm giving every loving Goon who asks for one, a free key. One of my main objectives is to cram 256 people (a single scene limit) in a single scene in one test later this month.

I am looking forward to testing this game with my goon friends

e: I played the free SC Two Weeks so you have a lot to live up to, Derek, but I believe in you

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I am will be the server in about 30 mins

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

He has ascended.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

D_Smart posted:

Cool, I'll take the surf and turf and a diet coke. Thanks.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46nu6h/psa_on_trollsgoons_and_recent_events/

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Wrecked Angle posted:

Edit: What does his symbol mean on Steam? I can't read but isn't this sign normally bad? Well, I mean associated with bad things?

That sign appears to be upside down. I shall message the steam devs to deal with this. Uncle Derek's game is the best there ever was/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol @ any new user who has questions that aren't "I just spent $x000 to buy into this amazing game"

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Find Solaris to protect your base;

Then Blast Off into Hyperspace!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SmashedBug is a secret goon because posts like that gets my goon gears' cranking if you know what I mean

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

Can you make me an LoD gameplay video please :pgabz:. I have cc in hand but am on the fence.

The reviews on Steam are a good read. 22 ostensibly marked positive, but all but nine were sarcastic. Of those nine, three were neutral, three were written by idiots, and three were actually positive but mostly talked about potential, rather than an actual game.

I'm waiting for the day when DS hires Sandi away to do marketing for LoD :allears:

or the day when he realizes that as soon as SC becomes a footnote, so will he.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why would anyone visit a restaurant in the Stimpire if you just get turned into civil meat. I'll stay at home and cook.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why would anyone visit a restaurant in the Stimpire if you just get turned into civil meat. I'll stay at home and cook.

Refusing to stimulate the local economy is a pretty offensive offence. Please connect yourself to your home pain amplifier while a worst-electrician is dispatched to meat out your civil punishment.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

You should offer Chris Roberts a free account and honorary custom ship.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol flatline

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

This guy is a goon right? I mean would anyone seriously accuse goons of running a downvote not? Holy poo poo effort

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sower_of_Discord

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

lol flatline

200 employes x $30 average hourly cost (not salary) x 8 hours a day = $48,000

oh poo poo son

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/m5yg154mizsi9r/source/JumpPoint_04-02_Feb-16_Fly-Galactically-Design-Modularly.pdf

New JP is up with Scoutchat. The intro says it all...

"The Xi’An Scout has been in development longer than most ships, in large part because it’s the first Xi’An vessel we’ve created. Several artists have taken lead on it in succession, starting with Elijah McNeal, followed by Eddie Del Rio and Gary Sanchez, with significant input from Chris Olivia, Chris Smith and others."

Definitely reflects CIG's "priorities change hourly" school of project management.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/m5yg154mizsi9r/source/JumpPoint_04-02_Feb-16_Fly-Galactically-Design-Modularly.pdf

"The Xi’An Scout has been in development longer than most ships, in large part because it’s the first Xi’An vessel we’ve created. Several artists have taken lead on it in succession, starting with Elijah McNeal, followed by Eddie Del Rio and Gary Sanchez, with significant input from Chris Olivia, Chris Smith and others."

Definitely reflects CIG's "priorities change hourly" school of project management.

Have they just given up on pretending JP is for subscribers only?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please check your PMs :)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

I've been granted a pardon. I must only endure laser vivisection. Where the laser increases the pain by double every second.

So its like an acceleration laser ? like the photon goes faster every second ? Cool.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

D_Smart posted:

Hmm...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319012/alternative-titles-for-bugsmashers

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I see Sandi is so good she skipped the usual parts of being an actress

1- Be good at acting
2- Get noticed
3- Do some movies
4- Become a well known celeb
5- Burrow into a mountain of cocaine

She seriously skipped 1-4 and went straight to 5

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fuckin :lol: I for one have moved on from that shithole but let them all get frothy about it I guess

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'll bet if you look at wesha's post history you'd find that he is into bitcoin. He's got that smugness about him.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

good imo.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
another goon victory.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Fuckin :lol: I for one have moved on from that shithole but let them all get frothy about it I guess

My favorite part is when Dolvak keeps alluding to the secret shadow war that he's waging to keep the hoards at bay.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chocobo posted:

I'll bet if you look at wesha's post history you'd find that he is into bitcoin. He's got that smugness about him.

but hes a bitcoin millionaire bro

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Variable 5 posted:

200 employes x $30 average hourly cost (not salary) x 8 hours a day = $48,000

oh poo poo son

$3M per month is a better estimate, since Frontier Developments (who publishes their finances annually) costs $2.5M per month, has one studio, and has the same number of employees as CIG. Likely it's higher than that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Why put your kids through college when you can put them through

Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parias
Jul 17, 2000

My Generosity is again
LEGENDARY!

hi everyone what's going on in this thread :cool:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off
* Put this goon's amazing voice in the game
* Sneak a Goonrathi logo in somewhere (you'll know it when you see it)

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.

Parias fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 20, 2016

• Locked thread