Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

2033: Star Citizen Release in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dusty Lens posted:

Blame grandpa.

But what prompted the change and what is it referencing?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

fuctifino posted:

And mummy and Daddy and Granpa and Uncle Gary and....

Sandi "Pusher robots" Gardiner, folks. Alleged degree holder, enemy of the comma.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

MeLKoR posted:

But what prompted the change and what is it referencing?

I honestly have no idea. I get it either.

Given the Scrooge McDuck levels of solid gold quotes you can dive through in this thread it seems a drat shame.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

fuctifino posted:

A party? I thought she never ever had a day off since she was a little girl and was confirmed the best saleswoman of all time? :crossarms:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

KiddieGrinder posted:

A party? I thought she never ever had a day off since she was a little girl and was confirmed the best saleswoman of all time? :crossarms:
It's the space-themed Nazi Party.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

KiddieGrinder posted:

ugh the party is work she will be promoting star citizen like she does 24/7

you dont understand sales

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Is Elite worth purchasing yet or is it still mile wide inch deep status?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Yes

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

If your idea of fun is spending six weeks to make 1500 jumps to see something just because its never been seen before, Elite is worth buying. If you want to play a game that is fun, maybe wait for them to put out a few more expansions.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Horizons added another inch.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46bb5h/psa_voyager_direct_unmelt_got_canceled/d03t9i7

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/iol0tuL.gifv

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

More office space.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

That fight was fixed. The white catte clearly was paid to take a dive.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

You got to love Wesha.

- I'm not trying to impress you, I'm impressing the rest of the audience! :goonsay:

* gets systematically downvoted *

- Well not you people :chloe:, the rest of the audience, the smart ones.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I wanted to believe :rip:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Daztek posted:

I wanted to believe :rip:

what is this about?

by the way i changed my username (it was gilganixon) next comic still coming in two weeks

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I feel like I haven't seen the Seraph idiot here in a while (it's a good feeling)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ag Bengip posted:

I feel like I haven't seen the Seraph idiot here in a while (it's a good feeling)

His money is all tied up in bitcoin at the moment.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6384710/#Comment_6384710

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6380974/#Comment_6380974

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6380961/#Comment_6380961

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I'm amazed how everything is spun in to a positive for CIG.

Terrible customer service? They're too busy making best game to reply (even though customer service dont make games)

Parius how much have you spent on this trash?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Iridium posted:

A decade from now, archived Reddit posts on r/starcitizen are going to end up as part of some academic paper about group psychology.

The whole thing keeps giving me flashbacks to the Great Console Wars. Back in the day when you only had money for one system so you'd choose one, and play it, and adamantly fight with your friends to argue that you got the best one and that therefore if they had anything else they didn't have the best one. and you would never be dissuaded. Because giving in, even an inch, is admitting you spent your money on the wrong one and not the best one.

It sounds exactly like that, what with the constant, weak attacks on Elite at all times. They have to put it down out of their own insecurity that they didn't pick the best one. Except the console wars are over: plenty of people now afford multiple consoles so you can judge them individually on merit. I mean, sure, there are still fanboys but it doesn't get to the same kind of blinders-on, full speed ahead level. And of course in this case, it's just software: playing one or the other game is vastly less expensive. Star Citizen will (might possibly if it gets finished) be great! Meanwhile here, enjoy something else. You could have skipped one Hornet in your hangar, gotten Elite and several future expansions, and just have been out one ship. Then you could enjoy both with friends who also enjoy both, and play whatever strikes your fancy when it's available.

But no. No, no. We have to go all in on the best one. I have to show my fandom is pure and shout down the nonbelievers. Because if I don't, I don't look like I backed the best one, and my fragile little ego couldn't compensate for that.

And I just realized they're pulling the same by bashing SA. Our posters here are largely perfectly fine with having Reddit accounts. There's a lot of good poo poo over there (r/legaladvice is loving laffo). Alas: they have to draw the lines.
The same poo poo goes for politics - that's why incumbents are more often than not reelected. People think Congress sucks and that we should vote out everyone... except for their selected representatives.

Team dynamics are a powerful thing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Captain B'tak has strange fears

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Luckily he'll never find out

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Horizons added another inch.

and the upcoming year of updates seem to plan on digging deeper.

- Modules customization and mission revamp (more missions, ability to take more risky mission for more rewards, mission give something else than money and rep and more impact on the world) and loot this spring.

Later this year the plans are :

- Commander creation
- multi-crew & parasite fighters
- Passenger transport

And a big, hush-hush reveal at the end of the year (most people are betting on the Thargoids.)

How they will implement these feature will be interesting for SC future development, since if its good it will become the de facto standard for space game and if its average or bad, SC will try to do it in a different way at all cost, even if it mean re-rigging the animation skeleton again.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Chocobo posted:

If your idea of fun is spending six weeks to make 1500 jumps to see something just because its never been seen before, Elite is worth buying. If you want to play a game that is fun, maybe wait for them to put out a few more expansions.

Let's say I have like 5 hours a week for gaming would elite stay fun for months or would I never get IMMERSED enough to enjoy it? 1500 jumps in 6 weeks sounds like multiple hours every day which is for the unemployed/depressed/fat lesnickians

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Let's say I have like 5 hours a week for gaming would elite stay fun for months or would I never get IMMERSED enough to enjoy it? 1500 jumps in 6 weeks sounds like multiple hours every day which is for the unemployed/depressed/fat lesnickians

How many 4k monitors you got?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Playing E:D with a well organised group is almost a different game. Join Diamond Frogs today.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I made a handy chart for those of you that are still having trouble understanding software development.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Wrecked Angle posted:

I made a handy chart for those of you that are still having trouble understanding software development.

That's a good looking chart commando, hopefully those loving goonies will finally understand that this is normal!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle posted:

I can tell that this chart is high on fidelity.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How many 4k monitors you got?

Chops busted fellow adult, chops busted.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TTerrible posted:

Playing E:D with a well organised group is almost a different game. Join Diamond Frogs today.
Can you remind me how to these Diamond Frogs hooligans? I'd to get involved in some of these goony hijinx.

I want to be the Emergent Gameplay I wish to see in this game.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

That depends on what you consider fun. Did you ever want to find out what was on the other side of the galaxy? Do you want to spend months on travelling over there?

Do you love games like Eurotruck Simulator?

Is flying a space ship and occasionally firing weapons enough for you to have fun?

If you can answer any of these questions with "Hell yes!", Elite is the game for you. Otherwise, I suggest waiting for Valkyrie to come out.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

TTerrible posted:

Once I have my new PC built and Elite purchased I well become a hot frog.

What's the Xbox one version like and can they play with PC people? (I dont own an xbone)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Can you remind me how to these Diamond Frogs hooligans? I'd to get involved in some of these goony hijinx.

I want to be the Emergent Gameplay I wish to see in this game.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Everything we touch turns to salt

Be free, commando

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Libluini posted:

That depends on what you consider fun. Did you ever want to find out what was on the other side of the galaxy? Do you want to spend months on travelling over there?

Do you love games like Eurotruck Simulator?

Is flying a space ship and occasionally firing weapons enough for you to have fun?

If you can answer any of these questions with "Hell yes!", Elite is the game for you. Otherwise, I suggest waiting for Valkyrie to come out.

My answer is mmm not sure. Never played truck simulator but do love space poo poo and would like to see stuff. Is the sense of scale done well? I like the thought of using VR and being dwarfed by giant balls in my face.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wrecked Angle posted:

I looked at this chart from several angles on my many 84" 4k monitors and it made all the plants in my room, and a half mile radius die. What the heck man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

High Admiral [$1000+]

High Admiral [$1000+]

High Admiral [$1000+]

• Locked thread