Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Johnny Sauter- Final/OT.

keevo posted:

What happened with SRA and the clock?

A bunch of trucks decided to try and beat the clock by pitting under green. Somebody ran into the 18, who ran into SRA and they wrecked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

Dude's down four laps.

Did not know that.

Still not a bad finish all things considered I guess.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Johnny Sauter- Final/OT.

A bunch of trucks decided to try and beat the clock by pitting under green. Somebody ran into the 18, who ran into SRA and they wrecked.

So the Competition Clock did exactly as it was supposed to and our SRA was caught in its aftermath. gently caress the Clock.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Spelunker Glad-handler finished 21st, to save you the trouble of looking it up. The truck that was flipping through the air finished ahead of him. Sad face.

Clock made the race worse for me. Bring back the "debris" caution triggered by rating dips.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The giant fanatics superstore thing is pretty rad.

Jr is quite popular

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Bingo, in case anybody's interested:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765153

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I find amazing that NASCAR basically lifted the "Don't talk poorly about us" rule IndyCar added a year ago, though I guess it shouldn't be a surprise seeing as I think it was France who gave them the "unsolicited phone call" suggesting it.

kidcoelacanth posted:

The giant fanatics superstore thing is pretty rad.

Jr is quite popular

I thought it was going to be one of those massive party tents where everything was inside, yet it looks like a bunch of garage stalls with different categories of merch inside? I haven't seen it in action yet myself.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
What the hell is this caution clock poo poo? Did NASCAR finally accept that we've been on to their "debris" caution game for ages and decide they might as well just make it official?

Dunno if you can really blame it for Spencer's wreck, since odds are someone would have managed to crash trying to pit under green in any case, but it's still a dumb gimmick.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm really enjoying people who don't pay attention to off season or truck news coming back and discovering the caution clock.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought it was going to be one of those massive party tents where everything was inside, yet it looks like a bunch of garage stalls with different categories of merch inside? I haven't seen it in action yet myself.

Is every stall just Dale Jr. merch? Except the Lowe's sponsored Jimmie Johnson spot on the end.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

njsykora posted:

I'm really enjoying people who don't pay attention to off season or truck news coming back and discovering the caution clock.

Lol who pays attention to the truck off season?

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

leica posted:

Lol who pays attention to the truck off season?

I probably wouldn't have paid any attention even if I hadn't spent the off-season moving overseas. Hell, I rarely even follow any of the Cup offseason drama.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I find amazing that NASCAR basically lifted the "Don't talk poorly about us" rule IndyCar added a year ago, though I guess it shouldn't be a surprise seeing as I think it was France who gave them the "unsolicited phone call" suggesting it.

Those are around, on the infield and elsewhere. This is the big main one on the frontstretch, has different sections for all the popular drivers. Literally a third of it is Junior

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

dennyk posted:

What the hell is this caution clock poo poo? Did NASCAR finally accept that we've been on to their "debris" caution game for ages and decide they might as well just make it official?

Dunno if you can really blame it for Spencer's wreck, since odds are someone would have managed to crash trying to pit under green in any case, but it's still a dumb gimmick.

quote:

I was in one of the discussions when they were first thinking about the caution clock and their rationale was literally "we already throw debris cautions when things get boring but that's shady so let's just codify the poo poo into the rule book"

I wish I was kidding
- From the driver who got rammed in the rear end in thanks of the caution clock

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Every bad decision is now forgiven

https://twitter.com/nascaronfox/status/701091965740388353

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

YESSS!!!! Bring back the grid music too!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aww yeahhhh.

I would say this is a blind squirrel finding a nut, but that's not giving them enough credit for this actually glorious decision.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The big time

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

kidcoelacanth posted:

The big time

Owns.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Harvick is short as poo poo. Standing on a box and Michael was slouching on a stool.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's like maybe 5 drivers who are above 5'9"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why am I wasting more time watching csrs go in a circle.. maybe ill.be bored tomorrow

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

The big time

Oh poo poo, that's going in the OP.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
Plate racing bad, world keeps spinning.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I missed the CWT race, but have watched this Xfinity nonsense, good job me! That said it looks like SUAREZMANIA may be running wild all over the Xfinity series again this year, and nobody will see it. He's got a real chance at winning this thing

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's a wreck that didn't happen.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Chase just told JoLo to dump him and JoLo blinked.

That kid is gonna win a shitload of races.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NASCAR: "No pushing, no pushing, no pushing"

Logano: *pushes the gently caress out of Elliott*

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

gently caress JOEY LOGANO

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Both cars should be black-flagged according to the rules.

Oh wait this is NASCAR, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jesus Christ, they were connected solidly from 2/3rds of the way down the back until they were off four.

But hey, Chase Elliott won and it's a good story, so let's just shove facts and reason under the rug theeeeeeeere...yeah...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It was an extremely dope block by Elliott.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Top ten finish number one of the season for Daniel Suarez, how many will he get this season? Probably all of 'em

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Any of you guys want some old 1/64s of mine. I have a Jeremy Mayfield, a Rusty, a DW #66 and a #45 Kyle Petty. And a #88 Dale Jarrett. I'm moving so I gotta get rid of some poo poo.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also I have a Winston No Bull Jeff Gordon and a Superman Jeff Gordon but you're gonna have to drop some big bucks on me for those suckers.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

kidcoelacanth posted:

NASCAR: "No pushing, no pushing, no pushing"

Logano: *pushes the gently caress out of Elliott*

Consistently inconsistent. Push for 2 seconds on lap 30, penalty. Push for 30 seconds on the last lap, who cares!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Any of you guys want some old 1/64s of mine. I have a Jeremy Mayfield, a Rusty, a DW #66 and a #45 Kyle Petty. And a #88 Dale Jarrett. I'm moving so I gotta get rid of some poo poo.

Which Rusty?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How Brian France looks in my mind's eye every time I hear him talk:

https://twitter.com/nascardaytona/status/701438116024942592

e- Apparently, Danica's been shafted hard by GoDaddy, who hasn't followed through on the "personal services contract" she was promised:

quote:

"I think it was like a half-rear end break-up," Patrick said. "It's disappointing. … They called and said they are not going to sponsor the car anymore but they want to stay with me and they want to keep going and there is a lot of value in that relationship. But there is no personal deal [signed yet] so I'm beginning to think that they were just lying about that too, and they just wanted to soften the blow and that they really don't want to do a personal deal. That's what it seems like.

"It's a little frustrating. It's a little disappointing. I guess it would be easier for me to understand if they were just moving on then it would be to accept they strung me along and then strung me along on a personal side sponsorship, too."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-s-season-of-discontent-231217150.html

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 21, 2016

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Sitting with those 3, Jeff Gordon must be questioning his life decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

CBJSprague24 posted:

How Brian France looks in my mind's eye every time I hear him talk:

https://twitter.com/nascardaytona/status/701438116024942592

e- Apparently, Danica's been shafted hard by GoDaddy, who hasn't followed through on the "personal services contract" she was promised:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-s-season-of-discontent-231217150.html

Countdown until GoDaddy becomes official webservice of NASCAR

• Locked thread