Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Echo Chamber posted:

In defense of Kanye, Mark Zuckerberg already threw a ton of money at New Jersey politicians to "reform" Newark's public schools and all that money disappeared. Kanye's crazy enough to do something interesting with all that cash.

I'd say there's at least equal odds that you are throwing your money into a black hole either way. At least if you throw it at schools, there's the hope that someone might learn something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/pizzahutuk/status/699359480404951040

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
We'll never know all the details about what was said behind the scenes with CraigyFerg. I suspect he wanted to bow out gracefully rather than risk working directly for CBS and letting them mess with his show, especially if he moved to 11:30. Who knows what would have happened under other circumstances. Doesn't change the fact that the job would have been his if he wanted it, and he would have done a better job.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Echo Chamber posted:

In defense of Kanye, Mark Zuckerberg already threw a ton of money at New Jersey politicians to "reform" Newark's public schools and all that money disappeared. Kanye's crazy enough to do something interesting with all that cash.

That org chart is almost as majestic as the label on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Soap. Where the hell did "emoticon auto-correct" come from?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Doesn't change the fact that the job would have been his if he wanted it

I highly, highly doubt this. His Late Late Show ratings were dreadful and his "playhouse on TV" style appealed to a very niche demographic. A crazy Scottish guy playing with puppets and a gay robot skeleton would never have played at 11:30 and everyone knows it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Am I the only one who enjoyed Ferguson more in the early days of the Late Late Show? The wacky playhouse stuff was alright, but I remember his early monologues being much more entertaining when they were just the pure unhinged-ness of his brain coming out stream-of-consciousness style. I started to enjoy the monologues less once he starting patting the camera like he was talking to the viewer.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Am I the only one who enjoyed Ferguson more in the early days of the Late Late Show? The wacky playhouse stuff was alright, but I remember his early monologues being much more entertaining when they were just the pure unhinged-ness of his brain coming out stream-of-consciousness style. I started to enjoy the monologues less once he starting patting the camera like he was talking to the viewer.
Yeah, you can't have the sweet without the sour, a vacation without work, etc. It's enjoyable now and then but I can't imagine seeing lol so random skeleton every night and not wanting to change the channel.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

pwn posted:

Yeah, you can't have the sweet without the sour, a vacation without work, etc. It's enjoyable now and then but I can't imagine seeing lol so random skeleton every night and not wanting to change the channel.

I used to watch the Ferg about a week or two at a time then kinda have my fill for a month or two, funny how that works.

While I'm here I'll say that as an Ohioan watching Kasich sweat on Colbert tonight was pretty satisfying. After his usual posturing of being rational and a uniter yadda yadda he was worse at answering the SC nominee question than Trump, and way more obviously pissed. But most of you probably don't care about him and that's exactly how it should be.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have friends in Ohio who say the only reason Kasich won the governorship there is that his opponent imploded and that Kasich wouldn't ever actually tell anybody what he was planning to do until he got in and started creeping up the place.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
With Chris "Pure human garbage but loved by the beltway" Christie memorialized, this was most satisfying yet.

all the fallen

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Oh without question there are (and were) some more amazingly terrible people in the running, and I suppose its their comparable odiousness that allows people to stomach the idea that Kasich is somehow moderate when he's just a slightly less belligerent version of the exact same "gently caress you" platform planks. ...Which of course he kindly demonstrated last night.

:downs: "I'm Mavericky McIndividual! I'm not a slave to the party line!"
:crossarms: "So about the Court..."
:saddowns: "Party line! Party line dammit!"

Saul Lewinsky
Feb 1, 2012
Am I the only one who was a little put off by the dog segment on Colbert? it just seemed a tad mean-spirited. I realize things like ugly dog contests exist, but hey, leave them alone!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Friend of mine who lives in Ohio on Kasich: "Kasich sells himself by saying he governs by "bringing people together," which is a funny way of saying a legislative supermajority allows him to completely ignore half his constituency. He actively hides from those with opposing views. His legislature refuses to listen to them. Yeah, that's "bringing people together." *makes jerk off hand motion*"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saul Lewinsky posted:

Am I the only one who was a little put off by the dog segment on Colbert? it just seemed a tad mean-spirited. I realize things like ugly dog contests exist, but hey, leave them alone!
I thought all of those dogs were adorable :shobon:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Saul Lewinsky posted:

They're dogs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Saul Lewinsky posted:

Won't someone think of the self esteem of the animals that have no concept of self image or aesthetics?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Somehow that was amazing.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Craigyferg's new show is pretty good. That is all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Tonight's colbert was downright conan

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Does lobster have something to do with weed? Or is Tea Leoni just weird?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Oh god, is Colbert STILL doing that horribly unfunny Hunger Games parody? When are they going to put him out of his misery so he can go back to making relevant tv?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

CSM posted:

Oh god, is Colbert STILL doing that horribly unfunny Hunger Games parody? When are they going to put him out of his misery so he can go back to making relevant tv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02lvgmm4DQ
"Well (coughs) I can't stop now... I'm addicted..."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Blame the Republicans that the Hunger Game bit has gone on so long. If he didn't have 20 people to go through.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

CSM posted:

Oh god, is Colbert STILL doing that horribly unfunny Hunger Games parody?
No, he's instead doing the amazing Hunger Games bit. :colbert:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Tonight's colbert was downright conan

Assuming this was in reference to the Wheel of News segment. He's not as great as Conan at riffing off of things going to hell but that was really frigging funny, holy crap.

vvv That's right, I just remembered I hadn't actually watched the entire episode yet, completely forgot Triumph would be on there too.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 20, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

Assuming this was in reference to the Wheel of News segment. He's not as great as Conan at riffing off of things going to hell but that was really frigging funny, holy crap.

also triumph

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
The Hungry for Power Games bit is the only reason I am still watching.

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 21, 2016

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well then you'll be glad to know that ˇJeb! has called it quits, so we'll have to suffer through another boring waste of time hungry for power games bit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hopefully only Jeb quits so can do another for Carson and whoever else is left.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
After Jeb, there's still one democrat and four republicans left.

And they'll be hilarious to cover.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Fake Horse On Colbert.

Sadly, not Secretariat. Instead, adorable Meredith.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
What was going on with that Casey Affleck interview? Really hard to watch

Edit- that Richard Dreyfuss interview may have been even worse...

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 23, 2016

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

the fallen!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Jordan Schlansky's Instagram is amazing.

The man treats himself to vintage bars of Irish Spring soap from the 80s.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Steve Vader posted:

Fake Horse On Colbert.

Sadly, not Secretariat. Instead, adorable Meredith.

And Meredith returns!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

What was going on with that Casey Affleck interview? Really hard to watch

Edit- that Richard Dreyfuss interview may have been even worse...

Dreyfuss was fantastic, it's a shame he couldnt be on longer

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

piratepilates posted:

Jordan Schlansky's Instagram is amazing.

The man treats himself to vintage bars of Irish Spring soap from the 80s.

i know they play up his quirkiness but the dude is such a goon

also, how bout that EternaKitty segment last night :stare:

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

colbert asked adrien brody if he likes memes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Skunny Wundy posted:

colbert asked adrien brody if he likes memes.
He’s doing pretty well for a 120-year-old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
They're shooting new opening credits already?