Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I want to live this life

Mouse Dresser posted:

The hero that Canada deserves. :canada:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/raccoon-toronto-crane-poop/

Raccoon Climbs 700 foot tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

This one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

The hero that Canada deserves. :canada:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/04/raccoon-toronto-crane-poop/

Raccoon Climbs 700 foot tall Toronto crane, poops at the top

quote:

If you thought Vancouver had the most rebellious raccoons in the country, you could be wrong.

Guess it shows what lack of knowledge I have about Canada and raccoons that I wasn't aware this was a stereotype

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!
Next-door at my old flat there was a family of trash pandas living under the deck. Nosy little bastards.

PK has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Feb 21, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

PK posted:

Next-door at my old flat there was a family of trash pandas living under the deck. Nosy little bastards.

To inline an image like that you need to have the i.imgur and an extension on the end, any extension will do, imgur will figure it out.

So something like http://i.imgur.com/tFTWPl6.jpg

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!

Birb Katter posted:

To inline an image like that you need to have the i.imgur and an extension on the end, any extension will do, imgur will figure it out.

So something like http://i.imgur.com/tFTWPl6.jpg

I always gently caress it up.

Bonus pic:

They also dabble in decorating.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PK posted:

I always gently caress it up.

Bonus pic:

They also dabble in decorating.

Dabble is right, that's some wacky rear end balance of color

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dabble is right, that's some wacky rear end balance of color

They're adding a pop of colour to an otherwise understated deck. Also, they are colour-blind.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

PK posted:

I like how the one on the left is like "one day, brother, we will live inside there and at last discover the source of all the trash and we will feast forever"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There are raccoons in Costa Rica

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

They're on vacation

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Thin Privilege posted:

Whole different species of them, too: they're Crab-Eating Raccoons.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Might I present to you, the raccoon in my friend's window well in Brantford, ON.

She calls it 'Bandit'.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hoover Dam posted:

Whole different species of them, too: they're Crab-Eating Raccoons.

Woah they look like raccoon lemurs. That's sweet

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Pure, unfiltered class.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Scientists terrify raccoons to reveal inner workings of ecosystems

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

'Distressed' Toronto Raccoon Comforts Dead Raccoon

quote:

"The other [raccoon] stayed on the scene. It began running in circles and crying, almost oblivious to people and cars that gathered around. Then it approached its friend and began shaking it vigorously"

:(

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Thin Privilege posted:

And their close cousins, the coati! I'm on vacation in Costa Rica right now and the coatis are one of the best parts :3: I got this photo of a curious lil guy checking out my breakfast a few days ago.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

:chloe:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:smith: I watched something similar happen a few years ago. The worst part is the raccoon who was injured was one of the ones born under my porch.

McPantserton posted:

And their close cousins, the coati! I'm on vacation in Costa Rica right now and the coatis are one of the best parts :3: I got this photo of a curious lil guy checking out my breakfast a few days ago.

I feel like this animal makes incredible noises.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

cash crab posted:

I feel like this animal makes incredible noises.

Youtubing them is a must, they are so chirpy and adorable. The first one I saw was romping and playing in a stream out front of my hotel room window aaaaa :3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

McPantserton posted:

Youtubing them is a must, they are so chirpy and adorable. The first one I saw was romping and playing in a stream out front of my hotel room window aaaaa :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_U5jZAi_UU

Several things: One, it just occurred to me that I have met one of these things, several years ago. It was very, very fond of my friend's hair. Also, their noises are so, so cute and chirpy and my cat was fascinated by this video.

Also:

COATI VS RACCOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXWXs8Uupac

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT KISS KISS KISS

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Dear Raccoon thread;

My name is Birb Katter, I have never seen a raccoon in real life, not even in a zoo. The closest analogy I can come up with to your 'trash bears' is our native possum. It is adorable but makes very loud noises on your roof when having sex and will only break into your house to steal fruit.

Are raccoons as adorable in real life as they are in pics? I realise this is a biased audience but I'm really just fishing for a raccoon pic bomb so go hog wild.

Regards
Birb Katter

ps, here is what our 'annoying pest' looks like (it's really not annoying at all).

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

https://i.imgur.com/Zu5vh28.gifv

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Birb Katter posted:

Dear Raccoon thread;

My name is Birb Katter, I have never seen a raccoon in real life, not even in a zoo. The closest analogy I can come up with to your 'trash bears' is our native possum. It is adorable but makes very loud noises on your roof when having sex and will only break into your house to steal fruit.

Are raccoons as adorable in real life as they are in pics? I realise this is a biased audience but I'm really just fishing for a raccoon pic bomb so go hog wild.

Regards
Birb Katter

They are adorable unless you own poultry, in which case they are murderous hell beasts without mercy.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
:3: Peekaboo! :3:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Raccoon by Mathias Appel, on Flickr

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

VERY fat

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

You look like a little monkey!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7m-EhQhFU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This is the picture we took after we told him we finally got a thread title. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I was giggling over the title of the thread and had to explain it to my boyfriend. He seems perplexed as to why chubby raccoons are a thing that people love. :3:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
MAKE GARBAGE TASTE GREAT AGAIN!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cuntvalet posted:

I was giggling over the title of the thread and had to explain it to my boyfriend. He seems perplexed as to why chubby raccoons are a thing that people love. :3:

They are majestic, like King George IV

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They look like living, breathing Davy Crockett hats. It's super adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

They look like living, breathing Davy Crockett hats. It's super adorable.

Well, they kind of are.

:smith:

ANYWAY :buddy: