Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:stonklol:

Stimpire be damned, that's horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

"A few clarifications. We don't have ads or make money. In fact we are well into the red. We are an LLC because we are a publishing company and have to protect ourselves. It's in the name, Limited Liability Corporation. You make way more money then we do. Nobody has personally ever seen a cent over here. The patreon money doesn't even come close to covering server costs." The D dropping truths.

Also, bitcoin is out of reach unless you have a scaled ~cloud~.

paarp

What loving server costs? They could run INN on a $5 or $10 Digital Ocean droplet. The youtube videos get literally DOZENS of hits a year.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is this an opinion or...?

No, it will be a new thread rule. B'tak or banned.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 21, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

AAAHAHAHAA omg this is my favorite SC bug!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhoHbf_ztns

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fuctifino posted:

I reported the video for non-gaming content because I'm bored and vindictive... http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/48304471

I would encourage people report streams that break Twitch's TOS.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

my useless CIG trivia for the day is that Lesnick, Lando and Toast all live in the same building.

The smell must be unequivocally, inexorably unbearable... like living downwind from a chicken farm.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Oh what the gently caress? Seriously dude.

BEN, GET HELP!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

jfc...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hobo Lando protected :lesnick:'s modesty with his tablet for the return journey

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In the video do his knees make a noise?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

What loving server costs? They could run INN on a $5 or $10 Digital Ocean droplet. The youtube videos get literally DOZENS of hits a year.

Pretty sure I could host their server on my NAS

Nothing on their site would require them to go "in the red", they make loving webcam videos

Unless they spend lots on CGI work I guess :shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lets see how my newest reddit thread goes!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino posted:

Hobo Lando protected :lesnick:'s modesty with his tablet for the return journey

lol

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

hanales posted:

Why do they all think "Everyone thought PC Gaming was Dead"?

In the dark ages when people bought games at shops PC gaming was in a bad place. Consoles were popular and PC gaming was for massive spergs with too much money. So shops devoted more shelf space to consoles and the PC section seemed to shrink every week. Plus what you did get was often bad ports with console UIs.

Then Steam came along and saved PC gaming now it's worth zillions.

Like everything to do with games Chris is years behind the curve and his fans eat it up because they are dumb.

Berious fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 21, 2016

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Pretty sure I could host their server on my NAS

Nothing on their site would require them to go "in the red", they make loving webcam videos

Unless they spend lots on CGI work I guess :shrug:

Hey that one guy's mom probably spent a lot of money on the wall sound dampeners.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Variable 5 posted:

Hey that one guy's mom probably spent a lot of money on the wall sound dampeners.

Not nearly enough

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lets see how my newest reddit thread goes!

You posted that, but apparently it was too much trouble to, you know, post a link? Seriously?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

You posted that, but apparently it was too much trouble to, you know, post a link? Seriously?

YES MY WARLORD

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/46wd4f/can_we_please_get_help_for_ben/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Someone should put a freezeframe just as he's about to get up

followed by "HHHHRRRRRRRNNNNNNNGH...gently caress it" text

then reverse it to him sitting back down again, loop forever.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh hey, goons caused Ben to get fat!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Berious posted:

In the dark ages when people bought games at shops PC gaming was in a bad place. Consoles were popular and PCs were for massive spergs with too much money. So shops devoted more shelf space to consoles and the PC section seemed to shrink every week. Plus what you did get was often bad ports with console UIs.

Then Steam came along and saved PC gaming now it's worth zillions.

Like everyone to do with games Chris is years behind the curve and his fans eat it up because they are dumb.

Yeah, not to mention the days of..

Configure extended memory
Configure graphics card
Configure sound card
Make boot disk
Type in the 7th word on the 5th line of page 42 of the instruction booklet

Ahh, the good old days :cripes:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wrecked Angle posted:

Yeah, not to mention the days of..

Configure extended memory
Configure graphics card
Configure sound card
Make boot disk
Type in the 7th word on the 5th line of page 42 of the instruction booklet

Ahh, the good old days :cripes:

Code wheels

I do not miss those...things.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

This is both sad and painful to watch.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ben's hosed...

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Getting Doom 2 audio working by changing IRQ values.

Soundblaster compatible? I hope so.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Creating boot disks to get that tiny bit of more memory that would make a game run

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:rip: ben thread (removed from /r/starcitizen/new)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Creating boot disks to get that tiny bit of more memory that would make a game run

The promises of HDD compression and virtual memory software :911:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The promises of HDD compression and virtual memory software :911:
DoubleSpace and QEMM :negative:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

lol at the downvotes for anyone who expresses any concern about Ben's weight, no matter how well-intentioned. No problems here, folks.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Toops posted:

The Hangar will have it's own personalized, persistent, "fidelitorius", aviary, full of the beautiful birds that you rescue by BOOPING into them at low velocity.

Ram them at high velocity and you will get a warrant put on you for "Nefarious Bird Murder" which is forbidden in the 'Lax.

At least that's the way I see it.

I swear to God Toops, if my hangar doesn't have birds.... OH also, can I go searching for different birds at other planets? So that I can collect them and put them in my hangar aviary?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone turn :26~:29 seconds in this video into a gif please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhoHbf_ztns&feature=youtu.be

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

aaaand gone.

Ben will never get the help he needs :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dogstoyevsky posted:

lol at the downvotes for anyone who expresses any concern about Ben's weight, no matter how well-intentioned. No problems here, folks.

I await Mirificus' divine work to show just how dumb the reddit rationale is.

Remember, its all "The goons" fault. How does this mesh with the "We don't read SA/trolls" narrative?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
drat you goons!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:eyepop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

I made a long HD video of a tour of the Starguard carrier. An entire massive behemoth that Spergs are going to be so pissed their half-baked tech demo can only dream of rendering; let alone playing in. More to come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCUQ1z0hzU

Honestly Derek the graphics are really bad, to the point where they detract from any possible gameplay appeal. The most glaring problem is the color palette; it's basically an endless selection of blue shades. The models themselves look dated and simplistic, as if this game was a decade out of place. Nothing about that video is compelling me to want to know more.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Enchanted Hat posted:

I can think of one good reason to keep doing what they've been doing:

if untappedMoney > 0:
jpg()
else:
go(cuba)

If they keep getting ridiculous amounts of money for little-to-no output, what's their incentive to increase output and potentially reduce their income because of disappointed backers?

ok serious non shitpost here.

I've been wondering for a long while if this whole fiasco is going to really negatively impact the gaming industry. Look, CIG has managed to raise 105+ million dollars and barely produce a tech demo or anything really substantial. How many gaming executives are out there watching this and wondering to themselves, "hmm if we can create enough of a hype around a concept people fat nerd idiots will give us money and make all sorts of excuses for us."

CIG possibly has the worst development results in the history of gaming. That's pretty hard to do when you have Duke Nukem forever out there. They've produced almost nothing and there are STILL people fat nerd idiots giving them money. What are the long term consequences to gaming from this monumental clusterfuck? It can't possibly be good for those of us that enjoy real games for this to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

He isn't a mod of the INN subreddit any more either.

It'll probably only be temporary, like when he deleted his post history and stopped modding /r/dereksmart

• Locked thread