Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

you guys ever feel like you're reading quotes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

Is this just a bad photo or is Mrs Lesnick not far off her hubby's size?(are they married idk?)

I feel genuinely bad for the pair of them but wtf is going on there that a. is seemingly encouraging their weight to balloon and b. stopping the others around them from saying 'Ben, I'm really worried about your health. How about we start going for a 20 minute walk every lunch hour?'.

I know there are a lot of fat people around but these two should absolutely be able to get back from the 'could die at any moment' place they're at now with the support of their employer, co-workers and, dare I say it, fans.

Unfortunately she too has been getting heavier since starting at CIG. Alexis was a heavy girl before, but she has been putting on a lot of weight since moving out to California. I am not sure if Ben is the bad influence or CIG. Either way, it's not healthy and I worry about them as people. They're posterchildren for heart disease and diabetes.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Newly weds ready to cut anyone who comes near their five wedding cakes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
any funny star citizen stuff or are we just treading water

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly Derek the graphics are really bad, to the point where they detract from any possible gameplay appeal. The most glaring problem is the color palette; it's basically an endless selection of blue shades. The models themselves look dated and simplistic, as if this game was a decade out of place. Nothing about that video is compelling me to want to know more.

That's fine. I guess you won't be playing it then.

ps: We've seen how a spectacular looking game has turned out so far. Some of us do with what we have, knowing that we're never - ever - going to please everyone.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Eonwe posted:

any funny star citizen stuff or are we just treading water

the second one

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

hanales posted:

Why do they all think "Everyone thought PC Gaming was Dead"?
Persecution complex.

And they want to believe that they are "doing the impossible" so they can quote Firefly.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Eat poo poo Dolvak!

:gary:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

ok serious non shitpost here.

I've been wondering for a long while if this whole fiasco is going to really negatively impact the gaming industry. Look, CIG has managed to raise 105+ million dollars and barely produce a tech demo or anything really substantial. How many gaming executives are out there watching this and wondering to themselves, "hmm if we can create enough of a hype around a concept people fat nerd idiots will give us money and make all sorts of excuses for us."

CIG possibly has the worst development results in the history of gaming. That's pretty hard to do when you have Duke Nukem forever out there. They've produced almost nothing and there are STILL people fat nerd idiots giving them money. What are the long term consequences to gaming from this monumental clusterfuck? It can't possibly be good for those of us that enjoy real games for this to continue.

Probably none. Star Citizen is a fringe fluke that was based on perfect timing (dearth of AAA space combat games) and good salesmanship. There is no publisher on this planet - big or small - that would have $108M+ at their disposal and not have a "game" by now.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Pretty sure I could host their server on my NAS

Nothing on their site would require them to go "in the red", they make loving webcam videos

Unless they spend lots on CGI work I guess :shrug:

I have a T3500 I am 1000% sure it would host all of their content and still run my PLEX library with plenty of room left over.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics posted:

Can someone turn :26~:29 seconds in this video into a gif please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhoHbf_ztns&feature=youtu.be

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

ouroboros only it's :gary: instead of a snake's head

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Happy Sisyphus posted:

the second one
i wonder when the brown sea will realize what they need to do to starve this thread to death

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Thank you,

PLOP, bounce, crabs legs , I can't stop laughing like an idiot.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

since derek has stopped his reveals as to avoid warning cig, keeps implying that there won't be s42 until 2017, what could he possibly be waiting for? 2017? what are we doing here brothers, sisters and non binary? we're dangerously close to cultivating all the lulz. lulz are a non renewable resource.

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Is this a result of their supposedly realistic limb damage thing loving up, or is this just a symptom of their general baffling lack of competence?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics posted:

Thank you,

PLOP, bounce, crabs legs , I can't stop laughing like an idiot.

I like how he suddenly is affected by gravity and falls out of space.

And I just used giphy.com to make this. All you have to do is put in the youtube url and set the time.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cobblers posted:

Is this a result of their supposedly realistic limb damage thing loving up, or is this just a symptom of their general baffling lack of competence?

Yes

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

not to toot my own horn but

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Google Butt posted:

since derek has stopped his reveals as to avoid warning cig, keeps implying that there won't be s42 until 2017, what could he possibly be waiting for? 2017? what are we doing here brothers, sisters and non binary? we're dangerously close to cultivating all the lulz. lulz are a non renewable resource.

it's over. there's nothing left

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:fry:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

We did it reddit!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Please don't start blogging.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Well played

Those who are complaining that there's no content, sorry

sorry you don't understand how star citizen content development works

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Start blogging.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Please don't start blogging.

please refer to them as missives, thank you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well I for one wish Dolvac all the best, let's hear it for Dolvac, hip hip:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

ps: We've seen how a spectacular looking game has turned out so far. Some of us do with what we have, knowing that we're never - ever - going to please everyone.

And this right here is the appropriate way to respond to criticism that goes outside the scope of your game. You read what I wrote, decided it was not something you needed to change, and made it clear with a direct response. I now have a better idea of what you are going for and I can respect that.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

No need to start being a dick to the people in this thread Derek. I'm pretty sure Beer was actually providing constructive criticism. Would it kill you to hire a couple talented modellers/artists?

No one is saying you have to go full turbonerd sperglord-level SC "fidelity". There's a happy middle-ground between that and what your game has now.

Also, people do nice things for other people. Like record lines for someone else's project (even if you don't care about it) because you said you would for a goon in this thread who has done his fair share in the fight against CIG.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And this right here is the appropriate way to respond to criticism that goes outside the scope of your game. You read what I wrote, decided it was not something you needed to change, and made it clear with a direct response. I now have a better idea of what you are going for and I can respect that.

Indeed. I just want to make games, man. If I had the money to do everything I wanted to do, that would be a different story. Which is why, over the years, I stick to making sure that features in my game are solid, that the gameplay is solid and that those who buy and play my games, know that sacrifices have to be made. That's why people who buy my games, buy my games. I tend to be quite clear in my goals and there is nothing democratic about my process. My design. My game. My decisions.

Taking this Starguard carrier for example. There is no game. On the planet. That has ever done that. And it's just one more location in a massive game. Even Star Citizen with all their tech (lol!), money and stellar engineers, can't get a single location running at any decent frame rate. Let alone a multi-deck carrier in which over 256 players can exist in, at any one time.

Anyway, we have to keep working on the tone mapping. It was pretty dark before. Some people complained. We revised it. Now I think it's a bit too bright; though it is a ship and needs to be well lit at all times.

ps: Give me $50M and I will have the best graphics - and gameplay - ever.

pps: That Starguard cost about $25K to build. And that's considered cheap. Just an FYI.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

He looks and moves like a Gorg from Fraggle Rock.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beer, don't take this the wrong way - but are you heading back into the SC fold? You've been pretty quiet in here recently, and when you do post you're not as scathing as you used to be. Also, that guy that did the promo machinima that was trying to get CIG to NOTICE ME SENPAI said you'd helped out.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Download Unity, go here:
http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=space

Then just make the fun, easy :smug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

No need to start being a dick to the people in this thread Derek. I'm pretty sure Beer was actually providing constructive criticism. Would it kill you to hire a couple talented modellers/artists?

No one is saying you have to go full turbonerd sperglord-level SC "fidelity". There's a happy middle-ground between that and what your game has now.

Also, people do nice things for other people. Like record lines for someone else's project (even if you don't care about it) because you said you would for a goon in this thread who has done his fair share in the fight against CIG.

I'm sure he can speak for himself. And he did.

I don't see how expressing my thought on his comment, amounts to being a dick. I'm not responsible for people's feelings. In much the same way his comment didn't hurt my feelings - and nobody called him a dick (which I don't think he was being; since that was an honest commentary based on his personal taste) - I have every right to express my thought process surrounding the choices I make.

So gently caress you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ship hangar, $34

http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-hangar-19982

This is a piece of piss, why do these nerdlingers take years over this poo poo?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:aaa:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

D_Smart posted:

I'm sure he can speak for himself. And he did.

I don't see how expressing my thought on his comment, amounts to being a dick. I'm not responsible for people's feelings. In much the same way his comment didn't hurt my feelings - and nobody called him a dick (which I don't think he was being; since that was an honest commentary based on his personal taste) - I have every right to express my thought process surrounding the choices I make.

So gently caress you.

Log off of your dad's account or he will get banned for account sharing and you will get grounded.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

How do you eat enough to get into this condition? I'm not exactly a poster child for Weight Watchers myself, but I can't imagine how it's possible to eat the amount of food required to get to that state without throwing up. For added disturbing value: can he wipe his own arse, or does he have to use some implement intended for the disabled?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sunswipe posted:

How do you eat enough to get into this condition? I'm not exactly a poster child for Weight Watchers myself, but I can't imagine how it's possible to eat the amount of food required to get to that state without throwing up. For added disturbing value: can he wipe his own arse, or does he have to use some implement intended for the disabled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfGXmxJ1vM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Listen, I've done it twice. I didn't like the results. Why? Because I sound like a clown off his meds. For starters, I don't like singing. I'm more of a speaker.

Since it's going to be online, for eternity; even as parody, I'm not in the least bit interested in wasting time on something that's only going to cause me grief. I remember was happened the last time I was just goofing off at my beach apt, and which ended up being a YT fiasco.

Plus, I still fail to see the importance of my involvement in it. Maybe I missed something. I was only planning on doing it because Bootcha asked. It's not the sort of thing I like doing. It's just not my thing. So, if I don't like doing something, what makes you think I'm going to keep wasting time on it?

Anyway, I have been very busy with the recently launched .07 LOD update; in between the usual trolling and SA forum pass.

I will do it. I just need to perk up the courage to bypass the common sense programming in my head that keeps whispering "This is a goddamn waste of time. gently caress those guys. Go troll Star Citizen instead"

Seriously Derek? I'm assuming you're calling this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItnJWPOScE a fiasco?

I seriously just laughed and moved on. You're just a normal shmuck like a lot of us who's a little internet famous. Don't sweat it.

BTW, this is the theme song that plays when I read this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWWBigvbkY

• Locked thread