Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alan Moore smokes more weed everyday than most people smoke in their lives. He also became a wizard that worships a literal sock-puppet because he thought it was a more fun way to deal with becoming middle aged than getting a fast car and divorcing your wife.

God willing I will follow his example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He believes that one of his characters came up to him in a bar one night and told him the secret of magic. Said character was drawn to look like Sting, but he insists that this guy did not look like Sting, he looked like the character who looks like Sting.

Alan Moore lives in a better universe than any of us do.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alan Moore seems like a supremely unhappy man

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like that the story behind Constantine is that the Swamp Thing artists said "Hey can we draw a character that looks like exactly Sting in this comic about a heroic swamp monster?" and Alan thought it was a swell idea and decided to come up with a character that could look like Sting. Then that character ended up becoming the most popular character from that comic by far.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like that the story behind Constantine is that the Swamp Thing artists said "Hey can we draw a character that looks like exactly Sting in this comic about a heroic swamp monster?" and Alan thought it was a swell idea and decided to come up with a character that could look like Sting. Then that character ended up becoming the most popular character from that comic by far.

The best part is that when it came time to make a movie, they cast Keanu Reeves.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

He liked the animated Justice League episode For The Man Who Has Everything. It's basically the only adaptation of his work that he likes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oldpainless posted:

Alan Moore is the saddest rhino

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Wasn't there a thing where he hated the occupy protests and was super pissed that those V for Vendetta masks were one of the main symbols of it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr_Amazing posted:

Wasn't there a thing where he hated

Classic Alan.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dr_Amazing posted:

Wasn't there a thing where he hated ......

Yes.

Yes there was.

EDIT: Oh gently caress.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

FreudianSlippers posted:

was a more fun way to deal with becoming middle aged than getting a fast car and divorcing your wife.

That's because his wife beat him to it.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Post Alan Moore's butt.

yo this was a good comic btw

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

A Classy Ghost posted:

yo this was a good comic btw

buttwolf.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

He saw a full moon.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Dr_Amazing posted:

Wasn't there a thing where he hated the occupy protests and was super pissed that those V for Vendetta masks were one of the main symbols of it.

It was more bemusement than anger, but if you're not a fan of Moore, go ahead and upgrade it to Totally Butthurt.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dr_Amazing posted:

He saw a full moon.

gfdi I'm ashamed it took this for me to get it

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Dr_Amazing posted:

No. Literally the exact opposite.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He was euphoric?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Teach posted:

From YOSPOS -

This is from a year ago but holy poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Thursday Next posted:

This is from a year ago but holy poo poo.

loss.dwg

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

NotAnArtist posted:

gfdi I'm ashamed it took this for me to get it

fuuuuuuuuuuck

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dr_Amazing posted:

Frank Miller was the famous comics guy who hated OWS.

Alan Moore was pissed that the Wachowskis turned his story, which was supposed to be about anarchy vs fascism, to what he saw as an anti-Bush film without the courage to say it was an anti-Bush film. No idea how he felt about OWS or Anonymous' anti-Scientology protests were those masks were first widespread.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr Christmas posted:

Frank Miller was the famous comics guy who hated OWS.

Alan Moore was pissed that the Wachowskis turned his story, which was supposed to be about anarchy vs fascism, to what he saw as an anti-Bush film without the courage to say it was an anti-Bush film. No idea how he felt about OWS or Anonymous' anti-Scientology protests were those masks were first widespread.

The point of V for Vendetta was that the reader was supposed to decide for themselves if he was a freedom fighter or an insane, psychotic vigilante. If memory serves he left the morality of V to be pretty ambiguous; the movie took a lot of that away and went "V is a good guy who uses lovely tactics because, well, that's the world he lived in."

The V mask being used by Anonymous is...well, kind of fitting in that light.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Many of the funniest Oglafs are the work-safe ones. :allears:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh my god he's doing the homer/stooges/zoidberg lying on the ground running in a circle thing tho right? except hes vertical and by his neck

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Oh my god he's doing the homer/stooges/zoidberg lying on the ground running in a circle thing tho right? except hes vertical and by his neck

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

might be

post more so we can find out

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

might be

post more so we can find out

I don't know, just dig into their archive. I mean, unless the :nws: ones are too much for you to plow through.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, just dig into their archive. I mean, unless the :nws: ones are too much for you to plow through.

nah, it's my favourite comic :)

i just wanted someone to post them

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oglaf is my favorite funny webcomic which makes me unsure if it should be posted here, at this point

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

death .cab for qt posted:

Oglaf is my favorite funny webcomic which makes me unsure if it should be posted here, at this point

Don't worry. Someone will be along shortly to tell you how bad it actually is and how your opinion sucks.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oglaf is good and anyone who likes it is correct to do so.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh no please dont master wayne please

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I've always liked this one:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

minotaurs are hella touchy tho

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

minotaurs are hella touchy tho

" Show me on this labyrinth where the minotaur touched you."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Such Fun posted:

" Show me on this labyrinth where the minotaur touched you."

dont you dare tell. minotaur on yoru shoulder ready to gently caress your poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

• Locked thread