Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
While SSV has expressed a tiny bit of suspicion on Jose, it's nothing in comparison to how muchI have. If I'm the scum, it's basically saying that I got ultra lucky and the guy who I've been railing against all game happened to be the vig kill. Alternately, I'm town and vigged the guy who I've been calling scum all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

SirSamVimes (2): Quandary, chaoslord
Quandary (1): SirSamVimes

Not Voting (5): BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, imgay, Max, The Lord of Hats

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quandary posted:

While SSV has expressed a tiny bit of suspicion on Jose, it's nothing in comparison to how muchI have. If I'm the scum, it's basically saying that I got ultra lucky and the guy who I've been railing against all game happened to be the vig kill. Alternately, I'm town and vigged the guy who I've been calling scum all game.

You're trying to take advantage of it being mylo and trying to cause one more mislynch. It doesn't matter to you that I'll flip vig and you'll be outed as scum, because you'll have already won. I bet that if I had vigged someone else, a different member of the scumteam would have claimed the kill.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Here's the way I see it: we're at MYLO, which means if we screw this up we lose. There is nothing to be lost, as far as I can tell, by waiting another day and seeing if we can get any information out of night stuff. Maybe we get lucky and get a track on a nightkill or a cop investigation we can use, depending on which setup we're in. I don't want to risk the game on a coin toss, and if we defer this decision to tomorrow we get more data to work with.

##Vote: No Lynch

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We don't have a cop, I think.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, we either have a cop or a tracker.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd rather we not no Lynch. That has the possibility of killing the power role that would help us and then, oops, we're still up poo poo creek.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am actually more bothered by Quandary swooping in the moment after the vig claimed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who hasn't checked in yet?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

I'd rather we not no Lynch. That has the possibility of killing the power role that would help us and then, oops, we're still up poo poo creek.

I'm going to freely assume the scum will be nightkilling tonight, so realistically we have the same chance of losing the PR one way or another. The only difference is that we don't risk losing the game today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My fear is that one of the people claiming vig is actually a godfather, and a cop investigation would give us nothing, if that's the setup we have.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

My fear is that one of the people claiming vig is actually a godfather, and a cop investigation would give us nothing, if that's the setup we have.

Right, and that's fine, but let me present some other situations for you. If it's setup 3, then we have the chance of getting a track on the scum doing the nightkill, and then all of a sudden we have a whole new set of data to work off of. Or we're in setup 4, and the cop investigates someone else who turns up scum. I mean, there are a lot of scenarios here in which we are better off tomorrow than we are today and none where we're in a worse place, and saying that there's no benefit to waiting doesn't make sense to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My fear is that by No lunching, we end up (at least) with one less town voice in the mix, giving scum a better edge then they have now. In fact, it would only take 4 votes to lunch at that point, which means one incorrect vote and it's game over. I feel like we're just prolonging our pain that way.

At worst, we lose a power role and then we're definitely right back where we started today.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Max posted:

I am actually more bothered by Quandary swooping in the moment after the vig claimed.

I posted to claim my vig whenever i woke up saw the thread was open. You know I'm abroad, my post was at like 8 am my time.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Re read SSV's vig claim post. He knew he was going to be counter claimed and immediately went on the defensive, explaining why he would have vigged Jose before anyone evn asked the question.

Town wouldn't do that. Town would claim the vig and expect to not be counter claimed, and as such wouldnt defend themselves immediately.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Also I flew to Luang Prabang, Laos today and it's cool as poo poo. If you ever get the opportunity to come here I would highly recommend it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

Re read SSV's vig claim post. He knew he was going to be counter claimed and immediately went on the defensive, explaining why he would have vigged Jose before anyone evn asked the question.

Town wouldn't do that. Town would claim the vig and expect to not be counter claimed, and as such wouldnt defend themselves immediately.

I'm really not reading his vig claim as defensive, I read it as claiming and explaining his target.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I agree that we lynch tonight--what it comes down to is weighing whether we value the chance at additional info for this single lynch more than we value having an extra town going past today, and I don't think we do. If we no-lynch, I think we put ourselves in permanent LYLO going forward, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Lord of Hats posted:

I agree that we lynch tonight--what it comes down to is weighing whether we value the chance at additional info for this single lynch more than we value having an extra town going past today, and I don't think we do. If we no-lynch, I think we put ourselves in permanent LYLO going forward, right?

Hats are you the other scum?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There's three scum, not two.

And no, I am not scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Lord of Hats posted:

There's three scum, not two.

And no, I am not scum.

Right, and the three are BK, SSV, and ???

Max
Nov 30, 2002

After a lot of thought, I think it's Quandary.

##vote Quandary

We should still be safe from scum hammering if I'm wrong.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

These are all car thoughts since I was driving back to Philadelphia from my dad's and had a lot of time to mull this over.

Quandary has been pinging me something fierce the last game day, with his on again, off again votes on Jose. Something about his posting has seemed like he's been following other people more than actually generating his own thoughts.

I really don't like how fast he came in on SSV after they claimed vig.

I also don't think his characterization of SSV's vig claim makes sense to me. When you're the vig, you explain your target, which SSV did. That doesn't seem inherently scummy.

No one is coming to defend SSV here and push Quandary in the other direction, which I would expect from scum buddies so close to winning the game, since we are mlylo. In fact, we had someone shoot in and go.

Finally, I don't think we'll learn anything from no-lunching. In fact, I think we stand to lose even more since it's possible a power role will be targeted / I am still concerned this is a gambit to bait the cop investigation because we may be in a godfather/cop setup.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Those are my thoughts, god bless.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My thoughts are that it deeply saddens me that my liege has turned traitor and I must side with Jocasta herself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, while this is in extreme WIFOM territory, I'd imagine if SSV was going to blindly claim the vig as scum, he'd have a better plan and mount a better defense then what he's been giving us.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Also, while this is in extreme WIFOM territory, I'd imagine if SSV was going to blindly claim the vig as scum, he'd have a better plan and mount a better defense then what he's been giving us.

Can you explain? This reads to me as you're saying SSV has had a lackluster defense of themselves but that makes you lean town on them.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Like I just don't get how you can get to that conclusion. What about their defense has been that bad that you are concluding scum would have been better prepared?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would think scum would have thought that claim through more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Like I just don't get how you can get to that conclusion. What about their defense has been that bad that you are concluding scum would have been better prepared?

Like I said, it's WIFOM and just one of many thoughts.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think we should all full claim, what you guys think?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Depends on if we're really going to do the no-lunch or not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Honestly, the only power role left is either the tracker or cop. Everyone else is either VT or lying. Unless the cop/tracker have some information to help us lunch scum, I wouldn't bother in case we survive this day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

I think we should all full claim, what you guys think?

I doubt that's a good idea. Like Max said, if we survive today the cop/tracker being revealed is a bad thing and if they had any damning results they would have claimed them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
On a reread, I don't get how you think any of that Max.

That whole "I think his scumbuddies would've come to defend him" is the WIFOMiest part of your case, not the "I expect a better defense."

I actually agree with this Quandary post

Quandary posted:

and even though chaoslord is wrong I think he has the right choice. Consider my vote on vimes, but I don't wanna gently caress up the game and actually vote like chaoslord.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am vanilla town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thanks for that, I guess.

Anyway, I'm leaving my vote here, I feel good about it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This game moves so slow that we'll probably end up with a no-lynch by default anyway.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Max you yourself acknowledge that most of the reason you're voting me is WIFOM. You realize WIFOM makes for bad cases right? 90% of the time the most obvious case is the correct one and people over think themselves oit of the right answer. Occam's razor is a thing and it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why are you all harping on that one point?

• Locked thread