Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Also this, God I want a new Rogue Squadron game so bad, but without none of that on-foot foolishness. is there any game out there that his this style of aerial combat?

I think the company that made the rogue squadron games is no longer around.

Getting a gamecube and rogue leader for christmas was a huge deal. my parents put the little gamecube box in a series of increasingly large boxes to make opening it hard.

Also, even though it is generally considered a poor entry for the series, mario sunshine is good. intense summer feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you should play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Yea.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[bIBeyond Good and Evil.[/b]

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GameCube is a fuckin great system. Congrats op. Get Metroid Prime and RE4.

Edit: I assume you don't have a Wii U because you can get cheap and good versions of Windwaker, Metroid Prime, and RE4 on its eshop.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
custom robo or your loving up

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Mercurochrome posted:

play cubivore, op

if you like cubivore so much why don't you just marry it

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Second Sight is worth trying.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Get Timesplitters 2 and 3, also some friends to get drunk and play it with. Best local MP ever

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: C.A.R.D Revolution
Warioware Mega Microgame$
Ribbit King
Pac Man Versus
Four Swords Adventures
Crystal Chronicles
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Oopoona
Killer 7
MGS: Twin Snakes

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Wario World

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Four Swords Adventures and Crystal Chronicles were some of my favorite but you need GBA links and other people to get the fully experience

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Also this, God I want a new Rogue Squadron game so bad, but without none of that on-foot foolishness. is there any game out there that his this style of aerial combat?

ace combat, kinda, i guess

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Super monkey ball

oh yeah, super monkey ball.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ssx tricky.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Four Swords Adventures and Crystal Chronicles were some of my favorite but you need GBA links and other people to get the fully experience

for sure. I tried playing it solo and I think it might not be possible? I was pretty young but I remember getting to a point where I couldn't progress

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

some idiots like to act like GameCube was a crap console nobody likes but it owns hard, play wind waker and resident evil 4 and ttyd and luigis mansion and metroid prime, beat all of those dude for a good fun time

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The gc was probably one of the best consoles in terms of quality gaming. especially since most of the ninty stuff has aged really well compared to many of the other games made at that time.

the issue is that so many games are loving hard to find now.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

The gc was probably one of the best consoles in terms of quality gaming. especially since most of the ninty stuff has aged really well compared to many of the other games made at that time.

the issue is that so many games are loving hard to find now.

Just wait for those sweet HD re-releases brah Shut up and take my money Ninty

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i am shamefully cheap but i would buy ninty re-releases of the same game every generation.

i would really love an f-zero gx remaster. I sold my copy to a friend in middle school and have regretted it for years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Just wait for those sweet HD re-releases brah Shut up and take my money Ninty

This

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

frank.club posted:

for sure. I tried playing it solo and I think it might not be possible? I was pretty young but I remember getting to a point where I couldn't progress

Four Swords you can play solo, you control all the Links simultaneously and can switch between a few pre-set formations with the C-stick.
In FFCC you get a Moogle buddy who carries your chalice around, and in certain towns you can find hidey-holes where you can paint your buddy :3: That game was actually not much better in two-player (I only had one friend with a link cable) because one of you always had to carry the chalice, so you basically just had a Moogle you could control.

my morning jackass posted:

i would really love an f-zero gx remaster. I sold my copy to a friend in middle school and have regretted it for years.

God that game would be so pretty in 1080/60fps. My brother has my/our copy but luckily I think he left it with our folks when he moved out west, next time I'm home I gotta dig it up

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I really wanna replay Eternal Darkness now just to see how it holds up.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

This is for the Wii.....

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: C.A.R.D Revolution

However, thank you for both suggesting this & using its full & proper name.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

nintendo is clearly just waiting for their VR console to rerelease fzero gx, and that will be the launch title to hold us over until the release of their new f-zero title.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

both gamecube games are good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Killer7, op.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is Baten Kaitos any good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

Is Baten Kaitos any good.

Yes but it's also weird (but more good than weird). also go into the Options ASAP and switch to Surround sound, the voice acting has this weird tin can effect by default but for some reason switching to Surround gets rid of it.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
what's that one gamecube game where you run around collecting different cards and then you throw them at monsters in like an action combat kinda system? that game was cool.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking of gamecube games

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

The pac-man that used the gba link was fun

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm thinking of eternal darkness

that was a very good gamecube game

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The best GameCube game is the Universal Studios game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The best GameCube game is the Universal Studios game

lmfao

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Paper Triangle posted:

what's that one gamecube game where you run around collecting different cards and then you throw them at monsters in like an action combat kinda system? that game was cool.

Lost Kingdoms

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think about the gamecube a lot

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The discs were really cute.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I got a GameCube and my friend got a PS2 and he tried to tell me that the PS2 was better because the Cube had tiny gay little discs. We got in a fight over that

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

rediscover posted:

I got a GameCube and my friend got a PS2 and he tried to tell me that the PS2 was better because the Cube had tiny gay little discs. We got in a fight over that

therye like chcoolate chip cookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

You should have bashed his head in with the cube

• Locked thread