Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
That episode was insane... the mice experiments had me dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That episode was drat great.I really love the trailers showed some out of context scenes and it explains.

LIke when Brock is sitting in his bed depressed? I honestly thought it was gonna be him bored of being a guard for Rusty and it's just for Frustrated how much he wants to bone that girl haha

Also really happy that wasn't a fake out.

Monarch being the Blue Morpho/21 being Kano is goddamn great.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 22, 2016

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
Brock using that bellhop to knock on her door may be my new favorite scene. The way they animated it was loving perfect.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Really thinking this is going in for the best ending possible for the venture brothers for me atleast. But Every season seems perfect.

Quit playing with my emotions!

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
this season is so tightly written so far, i love it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
so

much

to

digest

holy

crap

OK... right off the bat, the biggest laugh I had was when God Gas Billy looks and correctly identifies Blue Morpho and Kano, complete with animated, glorious EXTRA COLOR title card, and it works because of the earlier sequences in the episode with Monarch and Twenty-One. All the build-up just... it just fell into place.

But that's just what's on my mind now. Need to see this again.

The worst thing about Season 6 so far? That I know it won't be 43 episodes long. Every single episode is so dense!

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
This week's t shirt is kind of nice, wished they went with the god gas though.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

dazoner posted:

This week's t shirt is kind of nice, wished they went with the god gas though.

Here you go, citizen!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Man there really is no way to watch this on time without paying for cable service, this sucks. Why is amazon forever a day late?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Festus The Fetus posted:

Brock using that bellhop to knock on her door may be my new favorite scene. The way they animated it was loving perfect.

This part is where I lost it, too. It really was perfect, and I want Kate McKinnon to get way more speaking time. Here's hoping we get to see Mol vs. Warriana by the end of the season.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 22, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't think I'd like so much serialization, but this season's been great.

Festus The Fetus posted:

Top-tier, season 1 Brock. Just completely mental.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Wow, people have already said this in various forms, but this season is really shaping up to be what you need vs what you want; the Monarch will quickly have to choose between wanting to arch Dr. Venture vs having Dr. Mrs. The Monarch whom he needs and Rusty's want to do super science a la what he thinks his dad did and what he needs, which is what JR did and gave to him on a silver platter. The theme seems to be present in everyone else's plotlines to some degree as well, but those two are clearly the main focus.

Goddamn am I happy the Venture Bros are back in full swing. I'm already dreading the end of the season.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
drat this episode was good. I completely lost it when 24's voice came up during the Star Wars bit, that was amazing.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
YESSSSSS

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Man there really is no way to watch this on time without paying for cable service, this sucks. Why is amazon forever a day late?

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with it when the episode was uploaded just really late the same night but now its been almost 8 hours since the TV premiere and its still not up yet.

Kind of disappointing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It pops up on iTunes as soon as the west coast airing starts.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
if this pattern continues, the season finale won't be on amazon until Season 7 airs.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Really like this week's shirt. I couldn't afford the full shirt club (stupid exchange rate) but definitely need this one.

Wonder what Rusty was going to say to Blue Morpho before he cut him off. I'm so invested in learning more of this backstory!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
What a fantastic episode, so many good bits. I was quite amused how Hatred is considered an old man by two other more or less the same age grizzled dudes. Also, everything with the Blue Morpho stuff was gold.

I also like how the Monarch only mutilated his beard instead of shaving the whole thing off.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Man what an excellent episode. This season is great so far.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's still not up on amazon. I'm going to be pretty peeved if I have to start downloading the episodes despite already paying for the whole season.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I'm definitely going to be filing a complaint with Amazon, especially because iTunes has been so consistent.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Cojawfee posted:

It's still not up on amazon. I'm going to be pretty peeved if I have to start downloading the episodes despite already paying for the whole season.
Downloads didn't appear last night either, at least as of 2:30 am EST. I wouldn't have been as mad if I had even a shady way to watch the thing I paid for.

Next season I will probably just do the shirt club to support them and download the episodes. Or watch them from the perspective of a henchman on my VR headset because it's gonna be like 2024.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr. Nice! posted:

It pops up on iTunes as soon as the west coast airing starts.

It pops up on the Microsoft store about the same time. Think the Sony one is the same, but I haven't used that in years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Downloads didn't appear last night either, at least as of 2:30 am EST. I wouldn't have been as mad if I had even a shady way to watch the thing I paid for.

Next season I will probably just do the shirt club to support them and download the episodes. Or watch them from the perspective of a henchman on my VR headset because it's gonna be like 2024.

Just imagine this in 3D...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Amazon UK is only up to Season 4 and the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to have any episodes at all. I'm going to see if I can buy through Microsoft, but I'll probably be hit by overseas charges, because everything in life blows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gary's eyes make me uncomfortable

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm complaining to Amazon too, this is bullshit.

Why is content delivery so hard in 2016 -.- (Yes, I know: lawyers and rights).

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

20 years thrown away like that. Tsk tsk tsk.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Kesper North posted:

I'm complaining to Amazon too, this is bullshit.

Why is content delivery so hard in 2016 -.- (Yes, I know: lawyers and rights).

For Amazon it's because they're a mess of tens of thousands of servers that don't speak too well to each other. Often times a show will be available on my computer but completely invisible to my set top box. For a company that tortures their employees for infinitesimal increases in productivity they're really loving terrible at making things work correctly.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Amazon is some sheer bullshit considering every other show i have ever subscribed to pops up at 12:01 am Pacific the day after air.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I know I've already established myself as an irredeemable lore hound (I swear this is the only show I'm like this about) but: When Rusty says 'no it can't be...' is that just a 'oh hey it's the monarch' or is there something more? Also enjoying how everyone seems to live like, a block form each other. Usually in the same tower. Is that a New York joke my foreign rear end isn't picking up on, or does wide whale just straight up own these peoples lives.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you subscribed to the Amazon season I'd recommend complaining. Even if it's just 5 or 10 people, maybe it'll make them get their poo poo together enough to fix it next week.

e: Just got my response back from Amazon customer service. Essentially "This issue is too complicated to talk about over email, call us instead!"

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 22, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How did you complain? Via the send feedback thing? I'm definitely never going to do this ever again. Especially since Amazon sells the specials as separate things. All this and Gargantua-2 used up the first two episodes of season 6, so it should be included with season 6. I guess I'll just wait til it goes up on Hulu whenever.

I'm not really sure what to make of the "no, it can't be" thing. Maybe the Blue Morpho did something terrible to Rusty when he was a kid or something. There's only 4 episodes left, so I hope we get some more backstory or something. No matter what, it's going to be an annoying cliffhanger.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Haranguetang is a pretty awesome villain name.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well we know that Rusty's Dad and Monarch's dad hung out when Rusty and Monarch were kids so it's likely Rusty encountered Blue Morpho and was traumatized by him at some point during his boy adventures.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Well I mean there is the whole metal murder man thing, but tight now that's all conjecture.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

How did you complain? Via the send feedback thing?

Their Contact Us form. They give options of email, phone call, and I believe live chat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fellbat posted:

Well I mean there is the whole metal murder man thing, but tight now that's all conjecture.

The Vendata = Monarch's Dad thing has been around for so long I'm worried they just wrote themselves around it and will make Vendata just be a random guy Jonas turned into a cyborg. Apparently they've been known to change because fans figured out a future plot point. That would suck because I think Blue Morpho turning into Vendata would be a cool story and a way to bring Vendata back at the end.

Last we saw Vendata, he had been beaten to hell and back and was talking about a plane crash. Perhaps Brock's beating brought back memories of his human life and he'll recognize the Blue Morpho. When the murders get into full swing, he could show up at the guild and say he has information on the Blue Morpho or something. At the very least they have to bring Kano back and he can explain at least something.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Why can't he be both?