Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im an inch shorter than me pops due to FAIL AIDS and Genetic FuckTard Syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gay tom waits - frank's gay years

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm taller than my dad but he can undoubtedly still kick my rear end and has a bigger dilznick

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

height chat strikes again

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

im 6'7" and have a 12 inch wang

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm 2 inches taller than my dad, and my dick is an inch longer than my grandpa's

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I hear there's a procedure where they cut and separate your shin bones and install a shunt with the hope of growing marrow in the new hollow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw pictures of that in a national geographic once

this is one of the less invasive steps in the process

e: ok, fine, i spoilered it. but it's really not that gross, just squicky

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 23, 2016

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
peter dinklage got that surgery done so joely richardson would divorce one of the main dr characters because they were having an affair.

THEN SHE DIDN'T

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nms that poo poo dude :barf:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

gattaca was a great movie

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Tusen Takk posted:

I would love to be taller but I'm taller than my wife and at least six inches taller than my dad, over a foot taller than my mum

so I'm happy with it :3:

your adopted

e: also stop using the :3: smiley so goddamn loving much ilu

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

something something comedy baps

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
I'm beautiful

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The fact is that the world is divided between users of the Macintosh computer and users of MS-DOS compatible computers. I am firmly of the opinion that the Macintosh is Catholic and that DOS is Protestant. Indeed, the Macintosh is counterreformist and has been influenced by the "ratio studiorum" of the Jesuits. It is cheerful, friendly, conciliatory, it tells the faithful how they must proceed step by step to reach - if not the Kingdom of Heaven - the moment in which their document is printed. It is catechistic: the essence of revelation is dealt with via simple formulae and sumptuous icons. Everyone has a right to salvation.

DOS is Protestant, or even Calvinistic. It allows free interpretation of scripture, demands difficult personal decisions, imposes a subtle hermeneutics upon the user, and takes for granted the idea that not all can reach salvation. To make the system work you need to interpret the program yourself: a long way from the baroque community of revelers, the user is closed within the loneliness of his own inner torment.

You may object that, with the passage to Windows, the DOS universe has come to resemble more closely the counterreformist tolerance of the Macintosh. It's true: Windows represents an Anglican-style schism, big ceremonies in the cathedral, but there is always the possibility of a return to DOS to change things in accordance with bizarre decisions.....

And machine code, which lies beneath both systems (or environments, if you prefer)? Ah, that is to do with the Old Testament, and is Talmudic and cabalistic.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
re: lovely boring height chat

according to the doctors report I got at the end of my hospital stay, I've been overestimating my height by nearly 10cm for my entire adult life

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BooLoo posted:

re: lovely boring height chat

according to the doctors report I got at the end of my hospital stay, I've been overestimating my height by nearly 10cm for my entire adult life

10cm? that's nearly a stone! or possibly a farthing! :monocle:

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
I am "officially" 5'10" but I usually hover between 5'8" and 5'9"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i am 5'7" :(

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat it I knew there was a loophole in the new thread title

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
cjs: no job stuff

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Podima posted:

drat it I knew there was a loophole in the new thread title

i don't know how high my butt is

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

prefect posted:

i don't know how high my butt is

Can I j/o to it

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
c life s: finding out tomorrow about the entering the property market :ohdear:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Suspicious Dish posted:

first we had radium, then we had girl radium (who was radium), then we had sa support bot (who was also radium), then we had choochacacko (who was valeyard), then we had sysadmin support (who was volte), and now we have zdr

chooch was valeyard? :psyboom:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

chooch was valeyard? :psyboom:

is that for real?:stare:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

no

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
valeyard got banned once for pretending he was radiums enemy iirc

radiums enemy was actually volte, Suspicious Dish is trolling hard the newbs iykwim

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

valeyard got banned once for pretending he was radiums enemy iirc

radiums enemy was actually volte, Suspicious Dish is trolling hard the newbs iykwim

Was valeyard the one that made like 5 accounts to get around a month probe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my dick is 1"

from the floor :whatup:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Ahahahaha yeah, gently caress that poo poo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

keyboard vomit posted:

Was valeyard the one that made like 5 accounts to get around a month probe

I did that to annoy the baseball thread by saying that I was happy one of my baseball team pitcher men threw a ball at the head of one of their baseball team batter men.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i'm an even six feet tall

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

so this is a neat this happening in my town

http://ithacavoice.com/2016/02/ithacas-new-drug-plan-calls-for-supervised-injection-sites-other-bold-measures/

quote:

For the past two years, Mayor Svante Myrick has been working with a committee including members of academia, law enforcement and drug recovery programs to put together a comprehensive new drug policy, dubbed "The Ithaca Plan."

The policy is based on four distinct pillars that each deal with a different element of the drug problem in Ithaca, specifically focusing on opioids and heroin. The four pillars are: Prevention, Treatment, Law Enforcement and Harm Reduction.

This policy is modeled after one currently in use in Vancouver, British Columbia, that has seen positive results.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm an even six feet tall

same

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

of course the comments are exactly what you would expect

quote:

This may be the dumbest thing this city ever does. Then again I have zero tolerance for "Addicts" who want to blame everyone but themselves for their self inflicted problems and then call addiction a disease, so they can say its something they can't control. My opinion is let them OD. Saves a lot of people a world of headache dealing with these people

such compassion

quote:

Time to clean house in November . Time for the silent majority to take the city back from the idiots.

"silent majority" aka i'm not alone in my terrible beliefs, i'm just not allowed to say them because of the democrats!!

quote:

I could be wrong here but it's illegal on the state level and federal, what's to stop them from coming in and arresting people. This mayor lives in a fantasy land. Ithaca has gone to panhandlers, filled with graffiti (apes wearing gold chains, but don't stereo type)

(none of these things are true)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i don't think people should be throwing gold chains over the fence at the zoo :ohdear:

• Locked thread