Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"Ah yes, it's Saturday morning. Time to sit down and watch a nice Gaspar Noé movie with the whole family."

a thing NOBODY ELSE HAS EVER SAID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Gaspar is all about family. Haven't you seen I Stand Alone?

Fun enough live ep, though generally I enjoy live episodes of podcasts least and this series is no exception

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
R.I.P. Eric Szyszka. Thank God they were able to record that live episode before he passed.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Man, those guys are just dropping like flies. First Cabin, now Eric... such tragedy

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm glad the sound quality was so nice here! Some of the past live episodes have been... challenging listens.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
RIPD. If Steve is the last to go who's going to periscope Dragula at his funeral?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
American Horror Story may have gone down the toilet so hard and fast that it broke the septic tank, but at least it gave us the legacy of Dylan Macdermot's crysturbation. :patriot:

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

American Horror Story may have gone down the toilet so hard and fast that it broke the septic tank, but at least it gave us the legacy of Dylan Macdermot's crysturbation. :patriot:
His... mastearbation.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cry-whacking :xd:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Twinkie Czar posted:

RIPD. If Steve is the last to go who's going to periscope Dragula at his funeral?

Eric Movie

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Fun enough live ep, though generally I enjoy live episodes of podcasts least and this series is no exception
Agreed. My favorite bits were Plow Force One and an enraged child Eric Szyszka ripping up his unfinished homework on 9/12.

Also, I found this podcast because of this thread, and I've listened to every episode, many of them multiple times. So thank you, gawdahmuht.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't know if it was just the recording and how the audio setup was, but was it just me or was that audience not really reacting to anything?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I didn't mind this one, compared to the past when the recording quality was terrible this one was perfectly listenable and it's cool to get a peek behind the curtain and see how it comes off live and unedited.

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't know if it was just the recording and how the audio setup was, but was it just me or was that audience not really reacting to anything?

If you don't go to the trouble of micing the audience then they'll always be almost completely silent on the mics on stage.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
The sound quality was amazing for a live episode. Maybe it's just my lovely car speakers, but aside from the audience laughter, this sounded almost identical to the studio recordings.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I did notice Eric was a little too close to his mic and his audio clipped a bit at first, but he seemed to fix it about 10 minutes in.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I watched Requiem for a Dream with my mom :stonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ravenkult posted:

Oh you poor, poor soul :ohdear:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ravenkult posted:

One time my uncle picked out the movies since the family was down in the cape. The movies? Clifford and Exit to Eden. This was when I was 9-10

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
What's wrong with Clifford? I wish someone had shown me that as a kid.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 24, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

What's wrong with Clifford? I wish someone had shown me that as a kid.

Martin Short playing a child? The entire movie?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Someone post the GIF

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Martin Short playing a child? The entire movie?
Yes, it's a weird-rear end performance but he commits fully and goes balls to the wall. No idea why anyone thought making the movie was a good idea but the end result is oddly fascinating and surreal. I can guarantee you I would've loved the poo poo out of it as a kid, doubly so because he's annoying the piss out of Charles Grodin (who was very beloved in our family for his work in the Beethoven franchise) through the entire thing.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 24, 2016

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Illinois Smith posted:

Yes, it's a weird-rear end performance but he commits fully and goes balls to the wall. No idea why anyone thought making the movie was a good idea but the end result is oddly fascinating, I can guarantee you I would've loved the poo poo out of it as a kid, doubly so because he's annoying the piss out of Charles Grodin (who was very beloved in our family for his work in the Beethoven franchise) through the entire thing.

My grandmother took me to see this movie when I was eight and I can still remember us being very confused about it on the drive home. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy it today but that level of odd being thrown at me at such a young age creates some sort of mental wall that's preventing me from going back to it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Clifford is amazing, someone needs to edit out the tacked-on framing story and ending and just make it a deeply upsetting Martin Short manchild driving Charles Grodin to madness. I'd buy that director's cut.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Someone post the GIF
what, this one?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This review is just amazing

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/clifford-1994

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Olympus Has Fallen question, wasn't the dumb plane from the beginning just a regular A-10 doing regular A-10 bullshit? I mean, granted, there's no loving way that a goddamn A-10 gets anywhere near DC post 9-11, but it's hardly a steampunk extravaganza utilizing force fields.

I'll take Scottish Mike over Didn't Get The Job Tatum every time though. Not Obama was definitely the better fake President between the two movies though.

Are 2 movies enough to make a White House Invasion genre?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Gyges posted:

Are 2 movies enough to make a White House Invasion genre?

Probably not, but it is a new addition to the "two almost identical movies come out within a couple months of each other" list.

White House Down / Olympus has Fallen
Deep Impact / Armageddon
Dante's Peak / Volcano
etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hockles posted:

Probably not, but it is a new addition to the "two almost identical movies come out within a couple months of each other" list.

White House Down / Olympus has Fallen
Deep Impact / Armageddon
Dante's Peak / Volcano
etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films

It's fun to scan this list and see how many films jump out as the obviously better one, sometimes to the point where I forgot or didn't realize the other film had even been made. What's especially weird for me is I worked (tangentially) one one of these films, and not only is it not the winner of its pairing, its twin ended up being one of my favorite films in its genre of all time.

And lol wtf is Jungle Book: Origins. Is it too early to make a request for Worst of 2017?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Illinois Smith posted:

what, this one?

I've had a lifelong hatred of Martin Short and I'm pretty sure it started with the trailers from this movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Yeouch, poor Andy Serkis, the Jungle Book: Origins is not going to do well

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...did they miss a good chunk of Deadpool? It seems like they didn't catch most of the explanation of what Ajax and Wade's beef with each other is.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maaaan, I was hoping they would do an on-screen for Deadpool. But doing it without Eric?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...did they miss a good chunk of Deadpool? It seems like they didn't catch most of the explanation of what Ajax and Wade's beef with each other is.

They do that a lot, I remember a similar gap in their Spectre episode. I imagine we have tall glasses of water to blame.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What happened to Eric?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Pretty much all their complaints about Deadpool were plusses for me. I loved that it was so much smaller in scale and that it didn't end on a downer note.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Why wasn't Eric there? Just wasn't interested?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Uh, hello, he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Squallege posted:

Uh, hello, he died.

Unless Eric Movie took over his twitter account, reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated. He probably just wasn't on the On Screen because he just... didn't see Deadpool yet.